SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Jan 9, 10 12:26 PM
I had no problems with the game. I liked it, it is simple and interesting, and I had 16 hints left when the game ended. Which for me is unusual.
I liked the story, and the graphics. I will say I don't understand the ending, what they saw is not shared with the player. (???)
Even so, it was a nice play for me. Hope to see more of this character and their exploits.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Cannot get past first level because game freezes

[Post New]by emerance on Jan 9, 10 2:21 PM
Sounds like everyone is having the same trouble. I can't get past where you put the bust on the shelf. i can pick the bust up and move it over the shelf, but the window with "OK" stays up no matter how many times I click on "OK" and I can't get the menu, use SKIP or do anything else.

Based on the number of people with the same problem, it looks like this game has major problems...

[Post New]by biancaboo on Jan 9, 10 2:53 PM
I downloaded this game and when I tried to play all I get is a blank screen. When I run my task manager and close it out it is taking time out of my game play. This needs to be fixed quick.

[Post New]by sweetpeabla on Jan 9, 10 2:58 PM
I cannot get the game to run at all. It freezes up my computer to the point I've had to turn it off, won't even give me the shut down screen. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it...does the same thing. I even went to microsoft downloads and downloaded the directx 9.0 and reinstalled it. Still doing the same thing...HELP!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jan 9, 10 2:59 PM
I am downloading the game now.hope there are no problems.will let you know.happy gaming

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 9, 10 3:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up on all the problems! I have downloaded the trial version and am leaning toward using my January punchcard credit for this game. I'm wondering if I'll be having problems, too! Will check back in later!

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Jan 9, 10 3:28 PM
so far the game is running great on my computer!

on the bust part i had problems and had to use crt alt del and restart the game get back to the spot and instead of picking up bust first had to click on the shelf first and hit ok and then it let me place the bust!

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 9, 10 3:33 PM
This game is fun and interesting. Haven't decided whether I'll buy it or not, but will play the trial and then see. What I see so far has me interested in buying. Is this part of the Hidden Mysteries Series?

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Jan 9, 10 3:50 PM
I played for about 1/2 hr. without incident, but then when I took a break and went to see what "THE GROUP" was saying, as I usually do, I got scared and deleted it right away.. But now when I came back to the forum and I saw what "picman" had to say, I put it back on. 38000 people without complaint. What's going on? Who is "picman"?who do you work for. ?? BF ?? or the developers ?? or what?? Anyway, I sort of like the game so I'll leave it on my GM untill it gets a little red mark that say's all is well. Good Gaming my friends,,, I think we can trust in BF to do the right thing. ooooops I thought "picman" was talking about this game OH WELL,,,,I'll still leave it on my GM and wait for a result....

Edited on 01/09/2010 at 4:04:15 PM PST

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jan 9, 10 4:30 PM
OMG. I made it thru exactly SIX minutes of this mess before dumping it. Between increasingly (pop) annoying (pop) up (pop) windows (pop) every (pop-pop-pop) fraction of (pop-pop) a second and (pop-pop-pop) the technical (pop) problems. it was really and truly not worth the trouble to download it. I was hopeful, too, because BF hasn't had a game I wanted to play since Dire Grove, and I was hoping this was it. It most certainly wasn't. Once the pop ups open, and they were legion, it often became impossible to close them...the only way I found was to open the stupid journal and close it, but once that was done, there were ten more pop ups to wade thru. Just ghastly. ZERO stars.

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Jan 9, 10 4:40 PM
MINE STUCK. I GAVE UP

percy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by percy on Jan 9, 10 4:47 PM
I'm lost with the code on the masonic Code, I don't khow what I'm suppose to do, How do I read it

[Post New]by sweetpea611 on Jan 9, 10 4:54 PM
I could not get the cusor to move down to the menu button. And most of the stuff you had to click on did not work. What is wrong with this game. Should I try and get my money back

[Post New]by schrec2528 on Jan 9, 10 5:32 PM
i had trouble at first,but i signed out and went back in under a different name. starting over helped. i am almost to the end,but i can't find the clock hands.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jan 9, 10 5:41 PM
sweetpea611 wrote:I could not get the cusor to move down to the menu button. And most of the stuff you had to click on did not work. What is wrong with this game. Should I try and get my money back

Yes, indeed. BF will probably give you a game credit but there is no way you should be stuck using a credit for this mess...all BF has to do is check the forum to see that you are certainly not making this up.

[Post New]by elspethgjc on Jan 9, 10 5:41 PM
I haven't been able to play the game because the size is too large for the screen and I can't see everything. It, too, froze up with a white screen the first time. I deleted it and reloaded, but it's still too big.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Cannot get past first level because game freezes

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 9, 10 6:18 PM
emerance wrote:Sounds like everyone is having the same trouble. I can't get past where you put the bust on the shelf. i can pick the bust up and move it over the shelf, but the window with "OK" stays up no matter how many times I click on "OK" and I can't get the menu, use SKIP or do anything else.

Based on the number of people with the same problem, it looks like this game has major problems...

Okay! I had the SAME EXACT problem, Emerance! I am hoping they get this fixed because it looks like a great game...but who would know since this is only 5-10 minutes into the trial version! BUMMER!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 9, 10 6:22 PM
sweetpea611 wrote:I could not get the cusor to move down to the menu button. And most of the stuff you had to click on did not work. What is wrong with this game. Should I try and get my money back

Sweetpea, definitely let Customer Service know! They will help you however you want...to either get it fixed or give you a game credit, but don't just let yourself be stuck with a game that isn't working. wouldn't want you to do that either, they will definitely try to help you with it!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 9, 10 6:24 PM
I loved this game - about a month ago - and then it vanished. Now it's back, and I haven't had the problems others have had. Intend to use a free game credit for this - then I guess I'll know if I made a mistake. So far, one hour of play time and no glitches. It's a cute story. Not my favorite game, but ok.

MyraT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by MyraT on Jan 9, 10 6:24 PM
this is a great game but short. love the interesting history fact. if you are stuck in room go to the journal and click on the map for the next room. when i first played this game froze on blue vase, but if you click the sparkling lights last you should be okay. if you think you are frozen try inventory and pick up an object. hope this helps. i am planning to play this again. love the ending. hope bf have more.

Go to: