Re:Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum

[Post New]by theshewolf on Jan 12, 10 5:11 PM
PFC1 wrote:I am in the room with the Statue Niche in the wall and the locked gate on the left, I have the Hiatus, Shell and disk. I cannot use any item anywhere in the room and I cannot get out of this screen. I have exited the game to comment on this I don't think I will ever get this part. Can anyone help. On page 18 of the walk-through it says go to the double gate which I did, then it tells you, you will get another new task to find a statuette. If I have made a mistake somewhere, why can't I go back outside and check out the weighing scale room. Do I have to start again (for the third time), this is so frustrating I am about to give up, even though I have bought this game. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

I found that the game had decided my monitor was wide-screen (which it isn't) and the navigation button was off to the right. Changed from full-screen to windowed and was able to find the arrow button.

[Post New]by theshewolf on Jan 12, 10 5:13 PM
ebbalytle wrote:
frannycats wrote:it gave excellent all round travelling (but with a very useful map!) and I had to put a bit of thought into how to proceed.

Rachieroos wrote:Unlike you, I *have* been wandering around like an idiot. Where, pray tell, did you find the map? I can't find it anywhere in the menu.

The map is in the lower right of the screen. It shows where you've been and where you are currently standing. Mouse-over the things in that lower right area to see what they are.

Again, I recommend turning off full-screen mode and going to windowed. The map was off my screen because it assumed I had a wide-screen display.

Does anyone know why this is? And, to help, I am a PC tech. This is not an issue with my equipment. This is one of only two games where this has happened.

[Post New]by kittidid on Jan 12, 10 8:34 PM
I can't get mine to open either. I click to open it, then my screen goes completely black and my mouse arrow is not seen anywhere. So I start clicking everywhere and then, my screen comes back and so does my mouse arrow. I tried opening this game several times and always the same black screen appears. I have vista and monitor 1680. Geesh, very annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kitti

Fall Trilogy Walkthrough Errors!

[Post New]by andreams25 on Jan 14, 10 7:56 AM
[b] :
First I want to say "Thank YOU" for putting out another GOOD GAME!
I can't wait for the next chapter.
While playing the game, I went to BFGs Fall Trilogy Walkthrough.
The walkthrough did not have the correct information, for some of the
mini-games.
Ex: The lava statue mini game were you had to set the vase or bowls in a
certain order. In the game there was a wall painting to refer to. But for some
reson I could not figure out the right combination. In the walkthrough it
had a certain set up. So I went back to the game an the set up did not
work. I had to hit the skip button, something I do not like to do.
After hitting the skip button, the combination was differnet compared to the
walkthroughs information.
This happened two more times through out the game. Were the game play
was asking for one type of set up or combination. And the walkthrough information was differenet.
I don't know if there are other errors in the walkthrough. I only used the walkthrough 3times.
I just wanted to give a heads up on this.
Have a GOOD GAMe Play!!

[Post New]by seagoddess13 on Jan 15, 10 10:53 AM
]
Rachieroos wrote:

Can someone help this dummy find the baskets?

The basket is at the very first entrance into the pit. You have to find 20 pieces.

jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Jan 15, 10 11:06 PM
~~~ The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 - A Review ~~~

The game is the first in a series of three games that (likely - we'll see what the sequel brings) tell the story of a man who is trapped and trying to reunite with his family. In this chapter, he's stuck in a mysterious ancient temple with only one way out. In this way, the game almost falls into the category of so-called escape-the-room games, only much more sophisticated.

Big Fish categorizes this game in the HOG genre, but it's really more of an adventure title. There are none of the typical scenes where a list of items is given and the player must find the items within the scene. Instead, the player receives tasks and has to find specific items which may be located in a number of rooms and solve puzzles to go on to the next step. The one-hour trial offers a decent overview of this gameplay format.

Now, onwards to the Clint Eastwood portion of the review - the good, the bad, and the annoying:

The Good

Luscious graphics.. It's refreshing to see a game besides those in the MCF and HE series with smooth, realistic, colorful backgrounds and beautifully rendered animation. Some rooms can be viewed in 360 degrees.

Soothing soundscape. Music, narration (which was quite funny at times), and sound effects are gentle and appropriate to what they convey.

Extensive hint system. Includes three types of hints: puzzle-skippin', hidden-object-findin', and clues to task-solvin'.

The Bad

It's not intuitive. I found myself wondering how to progress at times. As with most adventure titles, the next step should never be obvious; however, some parts of the game require the player to click on an area more than once in order to move on.

H0-hum puzzles. Nothing new here - same type of mini-puzzles found in most HOGs, and one type actually appeared twice.

Unclear storyline. Okay, I get it: the game is part of a trilogy, and the narrator is an amnesiac. Still, it would have been nice to have more of the story developed and an idea of just who this mystery dude is. Also, there are a few too many similarities to Indiana Jones - I couldn't stop thinking about Harrison Ford (not that I minded. Wink.)

The Annoying

Chatty Cathy. There's no way to turn the narration off or fast-forward through it.

It's short. I finished the game in 4.5 (pleasant) hours.

The Bottom Line: Worth the $6.99.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 17, 10 10:55 AM
jazzboogie wrote:There's no way to turn the narration off or fast-forward through it.

Actually, the space bar works.

[Post New]by Gardengal1940 on Jan 17, 10 3:50 PM
I can't get the gate to open either. I placed the statue and one gate opened but there is still another one there.
I have looked all over for a 'gear room' to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?
It took me forever to learn how to navigate back and forth across the pit and I still have trouble doing that.
Kudos to those who have finished the game in 6 hours. I figure it will take my tired old brain at least 6 months to finish.
Just like poor Dracula who is still waiting for me to finish him.

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Jan 18, 10 6:27 AM
I've lost the gold statue! I had it, and when I was placing the small statues in the niche by the side of the statue protected by blades, I accidentally clicked it into the niche and it vanished. How do I get it back? have tried all the ways I know. Do I have to restart the game?
Like the game a lot.

[Post New]by dragonflyeyes5 on Jan 18, 10 7:15 AM
HELP...can not get the stick to open up the door??? Have gone over it three times and do have a stick in my inventory but it does nothing!!!!!

[Post New]by Vibe10 on Jan 19, 10 9:26 AM
Where do I find the walk thru for Fall Trilogy?
Vibe10

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jan 19, 10 9:30 AM
holofernes wrote:I've lost the gold statue! I had it, and when I was placing the small statues in the niche by the side of the statue protected by blades, I accidentally clicked it into the niche and it vanished. How do I get it back? have tried all the ways I know. Do I have to restart the game?
Like the game a lot.

I had to restart the game holofernes when I 'used' a rock by forgetting to put it back in the inventory and lost it! Sorry!

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jan 19, 10 9:33 AM
Vibe10 wrote:Where do I find the walk thru for Fall Trilogy?
Vibe10

Click on the title of the game (in blue above) It will take you to a page where you can link to the walkthrough!

jadewolf82
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jadewolf82 on Jan 21, 10 12:24 PM
I absolutly LOVED this game! The graphics are beautiful, and I didn't have a hard time figuring out what to do next. Can someone please tell me when the next chapter is due out??? I can hardly wait!

StewieG23
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by StewieG23 on Jan 22, 10 6:09 PM
Loved it too!!
Any idea when the next chapter is coming out?

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re: The Fall Trilogy is an excellent game for Windows 7

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 25, 10 4:52 PM
I've just finished The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and look forward to Chapter 2.
The game play is smooth with the added plus of 360 degree viewing. Graphics are beautiful and clear.
Had some head scratching for a few of the puzzles, but the challenges are do-able with some patience, and well presented. Just the way I like them!
Recommended for true puzzle lovers.

[Post New]by anitab83 on Jan 25, 10 8:52 PM
[b] I really was liking this game but now that im at the end, im confuzzuled. i have the hat of sand but, when i go to go back to the window of light in the wall, i cant get to it cause the gate closed as soon as took the hat of sand out of the weight room.

has this happened to anyone else? can anyone tell me how to reopen the gate so i can finish the game? i would hate to think this is just a glitch and have to dump the game because of it.

thanks in advance

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Feb 3, 10 6:32 PM
I just finished the game . Great Game !!!! I really enjoyed the challenge . I didn't have any problems whatsoever The mini games were interesting and hard . My kinda game . The storyline was interesting and hope chapter 2 comes soon. The music was relaxing and art work was great . I must say I had to use my hints quite a bit and skip some of the mini games but I really enjoyed it. It took me 7hrs and 39min to finish. I will certainly replay and try to improve my game time. Good Job BF . Hurry up with chapter 2

[Post New]by IrishRed789 on Feb 4, 10 4:34 PM
Loved the game. When does chapter 2 come out

gigisusie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

The hat trick

[Post New]by gigisusie on Feb 7, 10 4:29 PM
Okay, the walkthrough says you take your hat with sand,so you can go back to the window, but of course as soon as you do that, the bamboo gate shuts -- no mention of how to get around this in the walk through.

Help

Go to: