co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jan 22, 11 8:29 PM
IS THERE ANY WAY TO SKIP THE LIGHTS IN THE BASEMENT.. I'VE BEEN STUCK HERE CLICKING WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally decided to quit this game.. Wish it had a skip button so I could move on. BAD BAD BAD.

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 10:40:57 PM PST

Re:Reviews and comments, please.

[Post New]by katfreek on Apr 12, 11 1:59 PM
I just finished the game, and thank god for the walkthrough, The game itself was very hard it made you have to think. I screwed up alot.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Apr 25, 11 4:21 PM
I agree the game was tedius. Far too much reliance on conversations. Also linear in the extreme; you cannot advance without completing the steps a, b, c, d etc.

[Post New]by xextremex on May 3, 11 12:14 PM
Since I've played many excessively challenging adventure games, this one didn't seem as frustrating to me as many of you make it out to be. My advice is to steer clear of Agatha Christie games, and definitely, absolutely - stay away from Safecracker. That is a great game, but it will drive you insane.

My review is really in the other thread. But I'm probably more satisfied with this game because it's very different from a lot of the games I've recently played - many from BFG. I agree there should be a demo for everyone.
Luckily (so far), the main character hasn't placed a LADDER in her inventory, or other giant, absurd items. And most of the puzzles are logical for their situation [museum, office, house], but many are set up in a bizarre way and are difficult to figure out.
I'm also impressed with the various characters, the animations, etc. because I feel like they put a lot of work into it. Played the other Art of Murders, and did not see the same effort.
- Comp. Animation major, so I look for these things.

4/5 from me

fahr451
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fahr451 on May 14, 11 11:42 AM
xextremex, thank you for you review and the others I read here.

I agree with you about Safecracker, but IMHO Murder on the Orient Express was one of the best games I remember, just a step under Syberia.

I think I'll give this game a chance.

BTW... Why is "graphic language" called this way? This sound so funny to me (English is not my mothertongue)

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 11:43:02 AM PST

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Jun 29, 11 10:58 AM
I HATE, HATE HATE this game !!!! Frustrating !!!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 10, 12 7:48 AM
Just got done and I found game to be tough and interesting, because you are solving murders FBI style. A couple of puzzles I didn't like and had to look them up in the walkthrough.
The game is very linear as you cannot leave an area until you do everything there is to do there. Which had me stuck a couple of times, because I missed some things. Overall I'm glad I played it.

To fahr451 graphic language is another name for swear words as there is swearing in this game.

Go to: