Re:Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum

[Post New]by cakring on Jan 11, 10 9:25 AM
At first the game was fun... i love that kind of game... but the end... oh boy... we pass 2h to build a house that we can't see at the end and nothing with her new ''boyfriend''....... no story... im desapointed

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Jan 11, 10 12:04 PM
Nice lil game! I like the fix it up part as a variation. No tech problems here. It seems like if I download a game after it's been 'fixed' is when I have trouble so I'm leaving this one installed.

As a side note, how many 'days' or levels does it have? No blog for it yet so I was curious before I buy it

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jan 11, 10 3:17 PM
OH SNORE!....I'm sorry but don't like this game at all. Scrating out walls to replace wall paper, or to paint, gets a might bit boring. Also all the dialogue to read....way too much.

Played to hour demo, that's enough for me.

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Jan 11, 10 3:38 PM
Does anyone know where to find the glove? Cant find it on fountain where the hint says it is.

Thanks
Mamaduke

[Post New]by justmejude on Jan 11, 10 4:43 PM
im having the same problem with the cursor...what do we do about it?

debzmom2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by debzmom2 on Jan 11, 10 4:45 PM
I am also having a problem. I got to a place in the program and it crashed. I started over and it did the same thing. It makes me go back to the beginning every time.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 11, 10 5:27 PM
That's say's it all !!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 11, 10 6:33 PM
Good concept....meh game.

1st I wanna know who the heck is the Mary Kay Andrews in the title? Did they not notice there is no such character so far?

2nd obviously the devs have never undergone any sort of renovation or home repair if they think Dempsey can accomplish all that she's doing in one day! I don't like when they ask you to suspend belief. Would've made a lot more sense to have cleared all the HOs from one area at a time, found places to fix, & then renovated each area like a normal person would do. No one would put in a hardwood floor & then commence scraping paint all over it! You always start at the top & work your way down, & you start from the inside out & don't paint the exterior 1st thing & then make repairs to it. Floors should've been the last thing, not the 1st. Jumping from spot to spot isn't realistic when remodeling. One area at a time. That annoyed me. I was expecting something along the lines of Gardenscapes & this was an epic fail in that respect.

Blah graphix & music, lots of fuzzy edges on the HOs so bad transparency. Some of the xtra hints are unclickable & some of the HOs have very small hot spots. Finding places to fix was irksome & resulted in random clicking trying to get the last few. Use of tools took far too long swiping all over the screen & I do not recommend this for anyone w/ carpal tunnel or HOGarm. The area the tools covered would be realistic if this was real, but doing it a few pixels at a time, umm no; should've had a broader area to swipe. Those kitchen cabinets just about killed me. That's where I was when demo ended. The storyline was so ridiculous & what grown lawyer still calls her father "Daddy" & expects him to support her w/ an advance on her inheritance?

I think if more thought had gone into both the storyline & the game's setup, as well as better quality of graphix, this could've been a winner. As is, not so much.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 11, 10 7:33 PM
1st I wanna know who the heck is the Mary Kay Andrews in the title? Did they not notice there is no such character so far?

Mary Kay Andrews is the author of the book called " The Fixer Upper" , i havent demo'd the game yet but going by your post it is following the storyline of the book. The book was really good but from all the other post i have heard the game may not as good as the book.

I am off to see if the game follows the book.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 11, 10 7:56 PM
I also found this game to be boring. Too much dialogue in my opinion. Objects are not very well hidden.

I won't be buying this game.

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Jan 11, 10 9:09 PM
The worst game ever wish i had come to the forum before I used a game credit, stop working while working on the kitchen floor. Don't waste your credit like I did hope I can get it replaced.Talked to my son and he said it is open ended so you will have to buy the second installment to find out what happens. Not for me.

DRG_Ben
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by DRG_Ben on Jan 12, 10 11:31 AM
lynn009 wrote:The worst game ever wish i had come to the forum before I used a game credit, stop working while working on the kitchen floor. Don't waste your credit like I did hope I can get it replaced.Talked to my son and he said it is open ended so you will have to buy the second installment to find out what happens. Not for me.

The game isn't open ended and is not designed for a sequel. There is a finale that wraps up the storyline, i.e. the scandal/FBI. I'm sorry to hear about the kitchen floor issue. Have you tried contacting support?

wrath6 wrote:

Mary Kay Andrews is the author of the book called " The Fixer Upper" , i havent demo'd the game yet but going by your post it is following the storyline of the book. The book was really good but from all the other post i have heard the game may not as good as the book.

I am off to see if the game follows the book.

We'd love to hear what you think after playing for a bit.

Edited on 01/12/2010 at 11:32:26 AM PST

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Jan 13, 10 1:27 AM
I am enjoying this simple HOG and I am up to Day 3 during the demo. How many days does this game go for?

Regards

Julie

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 13, 10 11:11 AM

Not a bad game, I have played a lot worse. My wife really likes it and loves removing floor tiles and fixing kitchen cabinets as long as she can use a computer to do this. Excessive dialogue is not a problem as we skip it all. My wife can't wait to do some more work on the house tonight. She did say that the colour that they chose for the house was too dark. That chandilier was a lot fun wasn.t it. In otherwords it is a simple game that is a lot of fun to play. My wife just left the room so now I can tell you the truth. I HATED this game. Got to go before she comes back.

Re:Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum Day 4

[Post New]by Momof3kids on Jan 13, 10 12:37 PM
I cannot get past day 4 everytime it opens, the game crashes anyone have the same problems?
Thanks,
Myriam

[Post New]by ameritech1 on Jan 13, 10 1:57 PM
Did they fix the problem with the with the cursor?

[Post New]by totalduchess on Jan 13, 10 4:05 PM
I have to agree the "talking" was boring and inane as well. I finished the game only I was surprised when it sait "The End" whats up with the ending. It is a boring game, quick and easy, at least for me it was easy, I got through the entire game in about two hours, and that was with breaks to deal with the dog. Not a game I would recommend purchasing.

[Post New]by sccrbaseb on Jan 14, 10 9:32 AM
I am stuck in the Grocery Store with nothing to find. Can someone please help me?

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Jan 15, 10 6:37 AM
One of the worst games I have ever played. No real story - no explanation - the relationships don't work, the fixing up is so basic - it is really for a child - and then it just......ends! I am irritated that I paid for this. It will now be deleted and I don't think I shall use this game-maker again. What a disappointment. I thought it would be something new.

[Post New]by Nanniesway on Jan 16, 10 3:41 PM
Game will not play....sluggish and slow...couldn't even do the free trial...

Go to: