Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: New Order Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on May 19, 16 8:18 PM
I used the antidote on the guy did the fill screen game got the parrot radiation button the nitro canister can't move on HINT sends me to forest then next hint is to the waterfall but have nothing to use

HELP

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Curio Society: New Order Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tetrouge on May 20, 16 11:23 AM
THE TWEEZERS WILL NOT OPEN THE CABINET! HAVE SENT EMAIL TO BFG BUT
"AS USUAL" WON'T GET A REPLY FROM THEM FOR AT LEAST 3-4 DAYS!! REALLY GET TIRED OF DEALING WITH GAMES THAT BFG DON'T CHECK OUT THOROUGHLY.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on May 22, 16 7:56 PM
mine pulled the paper out of the broken glass not sure what cabinet it was

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Jun 17, 16 2:51 PM
Debbie387 wrote:Am in the last chapter of the main game and now get "access violation error". Have tried deletion and re-installation all to no avail. Yet another game that can't be finished.

I have this problem too

Any fix for this as it must be something the developers need to provide an update for.

Error Message that is popping up says:
Access Violation at 0x0080B70D (tried to read from 0x1F1C1000), program terminated

Edited on 06/17/2016 at 4:20:32 PM PST

[Post New]by MelinRI on Jun 18, 16 9:09 AM
Even after reading all of the Help articles, checking to make sure I have the latest drivers that my system is compatible with and so forth, I have come to the conclusion that the only solution to the persistent Access Violation error I get in the last chapter is to get a whole new computer with a more modern OS so I can install the latest, newest drivers. I am a Wihdows XP holdout, because (among other reasons) I just do not have the funds available to buy a new machine and all the software to go along with it Some of the newer games are not really compatible with XP, even though you are led to believe they are. Well, some of them are to a point, if you don't mind slow graphics and bitmapp-y images. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've learned that the wisest policy is to download a trial version of a new edition first to see if it works, even if it is part of a series I am attached to and I really want that game .It's rather upsetting to realize that I have tried everything to fix whatever problems that I've been experiencing except to spend several hundred dollars, which I don't happen to have.

Go to: