Re:Collector's Edition is now worth 3x on Punch Card

[Post New]by tedebrsweetness on Jan 15, 10 9:06 PM
Well I'll be. BFG does read our views. Stated we should get at least 2 extra credits for buying Collector's Editions. They are more generous then I thought with giving us three.
So with this I will buy the Penny Dreadfuls Sweeney Todd Collector's Editions.

Thank You BFG again and again.

Ms. Tedebrsweetness

egoheater
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by egoheater on Jan 15, 10 11:10 PM
Just like most of the posts befor me I think this is a great idea! This will probably

bump up my purchases for sure, I think that if they offer both types of game it

becomes rather confusing to figure out some of the problems and this way I will

always go for CE's . Thanks so much .

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on Jan 16, 10 7:51 AM
That is great news!

However I wish BFG would go retroactive to Murders in the Rue Morgue, because the extras in that were so pitiful that it was not worth the additional $$.

BFG, obviously there's a trend here. But I want to trust that a Collector's Edition truly provides additional game content, such as in MCF. I can't speak for others, but I really have no interest in music or wallpaper. I want the game itself to have a much richer content that justifies paying almost 3 times the price.

I will wait a while and follow the feedback of the early adopters before I consider purchasing a collector's edition in the future.

From what I'm reading on this forum, Sweeny Tood is buggy and has very little additional content. I'd love to be corrected!

I do appreciate BFG's efforts in general and I know you are very good at listening to your players in order to provide us with the best possible gaming experience.

Please make sure that a Collector's Edition game is truly worth the money.

lvmurfee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lvmurfee on Jan 16, 10 11:54 AM
Awesome!!! I love BFG. You guys are great. Thanks.

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Jan 16, 10 1:35 PM
Very nice.

[Post New]by konangood on Jan 16, 10 1:49 PM
YAHOO THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, I KNEW THEY WOULD NOT LET THEIR CUSTOMERS DOWN...KUDOS TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by KemmaRedCat on Jan 17, 10 7:27 AM
Thank you! I just purchased Sweeney Todd yesterday and it is a lovely game, well worth the CE price. Reading this announcement today, makes the game and this club extra-sweet!

bl4716
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bl4716 on Jan 17, 10 8:53 AM
This is wonderful news. I'm so glad to be part of a community where they continually think of things to make the customers happy. I have become an VERY loyal BFG customer and don't even look at other sites anymore!!

Thank you BFG's!!!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 17, 10 10:18 AM
THANK YOU
Hurrah!

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Jan 17, 10 1:27 PM
Hello all, I bought the collectors edition, but as of todays BFG update on my card it shows only 1 credit for the purchase, I thought it was supposed to show three as I already had 3 purchases I should have a credit, but no go. Wat's up?

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 18, 10 4:41 AM
Ukiah wrote:BFG, obviously there's a trend here. But I want to trust that a Collector's Edition truly provides additional game content, such as in MCF. I can't speak for others, but I really have no interest in music or wallpaper. I want the game itself to have a much richer content that justifies paying almost 3 times the price.

From what I'm reading on this forum, Sweeny Tood is buggy and has very little additional content. I'd love to be corrected!

The game is buggy. It crashed a few times for me & other times refused to start. I don't know if the update will fix any of that, although I had the cursor problem too. However I could always eventually start it up again & my game was saved, so no big deal for me.

The extra content is that:

1. There is a list of top 10 players.

I was the 10th & the others were just last names (the next to last was a famous English murderer, & the last one a US murderer who hid the bodies of his victims in a barber shop... hmmmm... I didn't Google the others, but it's prolly just a coincidence).

Because I didn't see any way you could upload your time to try & beat other actual players, I assume the "Top Ten" is for a personal achievement goal using different profiles. Still, that could be fun. (Of course it'll also be fun if the names are BF or PlayPond employees given that I'm basically suggesting all of them are murderers.)

2. You can replay the hidden object scenes & try to beat your previous time. The list of objects will be different each time. (Slightly more convenient than simply replaying the game, but otherwise...)

3. You can replay the puzzles. One (maybe more) has different solutions, & one tests reflex speed, so there's still some challenge also. (Same question as to whether this really equals replay value.)

4. You can play the "Theater" scenes (i.e. the cutscenes with sung voiceover).

5. There is a "Soundtrack" which I didn't open since I can't use files like that & wouldn't anyway. I assume you can play the music, maybe the songs too, by downloading to an iPod or on your computer's media player or something.

No wallpaper, & nothing integrated into the game like the morphing objects in DG as far as I could tell. You'd have to see if there's a different walkthrough & compare them to see what, if any, in-game differences there are.

Worth $13? Not so much, for me, especially since I don't get any credits towards a free game.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 5:28:24 AM PST

[Post New]by mn102594 on Jan 18, 10 4:51 AM
MAMA199 wrote:Hello all, I bought the collectors edition, but as of todays BFG update on my card it shows only 1 credit for the purchase, I thought it was supposed to show three as I already had 3 purchases I should have a credit, but no go. Wat's up?

It's the same for me...only got i credit. What gives?

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Jan 18, 10 5:27 AM
mn102594 wrote:
MAMA199 wrote:Hello all, I bought the collectors edition, but as of todays BFG update on my card it shows only 1 credit for the purchase, I thought it was supposed to show three as I already had 3 purchases I should have a credit, but no go. Wat's up?

It's the same for me...only got i credit. What gives?

Picman said it wouldn't show for about a week.

From his first post in this thread:

You will not see this on your purchase updates until next week, but I have received a firm commitment from engineering that it will be done in the next week and they can make it apply retroactive to ALL Collector's editions purchased earlier in January.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 5:32:52 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 19, 10 2:40 PM
BFG--You totally rock! I thought double would be good but ya'll always go far and above! Thanks so much for caring for your loyal gamers! One of the MANY reasons we love ya' and won't look anywhere else!

sukibabe
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sukibabe on Jan 22, 10 8:39 AM
Since there hasn't been an Official Announcement via Email to members yet, which I think there should have been!

I am wondering what they are going to do about the extra punches!

I took advantage of the great discount that came out at the beginning of January and had only 1 punch left to fill my card! I was going to get another game till I heard that the Sweeney CE was coming, when it did I hit the buy button!

Then I saw the announcement over at GZ!

Even if I saw it here, it was posted to late, I had already bought the game!

I am hoping that this gets straitened out, and I agree that the punch cards should run consecutively, but this might cause a problem, I don't know!

[Post New]by OSUntlCHAMPS on Jan 23, 10 8:59 AM
This is a great addition I just wish I would have known sooner because I already had 5 stamps when this collector's edition came out and thinking it would fill my card I went ahead and bought it now. If I had known it was worth 3 credits I would have bought another game and waited till the new cards came out to get 3 credits for it. I love all the specials and deals you have but I just wish this one would have been thought of before the collectors edition games came out. I know we all could have waited and bought them when the regular games came out but all of us game junkies have trouble doing that. I almost thought about waiting on this one but again I wanted to fill my card so I figured I might as well go ahead. Now I am going to have to think about planning my purchase of games out so I get full credit for the Collectors Edition games.

[Post New]by brendamac on Jan 24, 10 6:39 AM
Posted on 1/14/10 "Retroactive back to January 1st, all Collector's Edition purchases count as 3 punches on your Game Club Monthly Punch card! "

It's 1/24/10 and no updated punch card to date. When will they update the punch cards?

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Jan 24, 10 8:40 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/60/74431.page#1403167

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 24, 10 11:40 AM
I've been debating about buying the game. I liked 60 min. of it. Now I will definitely buy it! Thank you, thank you, exact

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Jan 27, 10 3:12 AM
Well I received my punch card update with the message that this game is worth 3 credits, but what confuses me is that I have already purchased the game and should now have the 6 punches I need but I do not see a credit for a free game. How do I use the punch card or should the credit be automatically given by BFG?

Go to: