Is it worth $20.00 ?????

Re:Is it worth $20.00 ?????

[Post New]by kellyfronte on Jan 23, 10 6:44 PM
I personally don't even think the game is worth the $6.99! This game is horrible. 90% of the game is strictly just finding the hidden objects, BORING!!! I know that is the category that it is in, but all of the hidden object games now have more to them then just finding objects. I can't believe I paid $20.00 for this pathetic game.

[Post New]by ilmaMH on Jan 24, 10 4:24 AM
No not at all, it is just a HOG with a few simple puzzles, nice atmosphere, nice graphics, nice sound, that's all

TenaR
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by TenaR on Jan 24, 10 3:11 PM
It wasn't worth it to me. Very few of the puzzles were challenging at all and the graphics were brown, dull and boring. The hidden objects are not easy for americans and you must be sure to click EXACTLY on the part or it won't register. Some objects are very thin and difficult to click.

I thought the story was gross too.

All in all, not my favorite.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jan 24, 10 3:33 PM
I liked the game and thought the graphics were great (well on my new computer, might've been dark on my old one). But I agree that some of the skinny or small items were hard to click on.

Also, the game seemed rather short and I can't see that there really is much extra content for the collector's edition. No extra rooms/scenes. No extra puzzles.

So, no, I don't think it was worth the extra cost.

jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Jan 24, 10 4:18 PM
Thtat's exactly why I decided not to buy the CE version, and am grateful others have posted their experiences so the rest of us fishies can make up our minds.

There are a few game developers that consistently issue quality games that I love - Big Fish being one of them - and I will buy the CEs or purchase the games directly from the developers' websites at full price to support them. I remember when the $19.99 price per game was the norm at many game websites, and when Big Fish had a tiered membership plan (mine was the $7.99 a month deal). So, I feel spoiled and privileged with our $6.99 a month memberships to play the full version of most games - about the same cost of an In-N-Out run, which my waistline certainly doesn't need!

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Jan 24, 10 9:30 PM
I'm not even letting myself play the trial, because I know I'll want it, and I need to wait - my gaming habit is getting out of control! =)

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 27, 10 8:27 AM
I tried the demo. After purchasing the CE's of Dire Grove (awesome game) and EAP (OK game), I think I will wait also. But, in the meantime, where's a Mystery Legends Part 2?

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jan 27, 10 8:40 AM
I will demo the games this weel end,have not desided wither to buy CE or not ,or wait for regular game.

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Jan 28, 10 8:51 PM

Hi all!!!
I think it was worth it. The music is pretty cool..........like having an opera go along with the story. I used the guide many times, but, the guide guides you....It doesn't always tell you what to do, like with the door knocker game, which is driving me totally nuts. I was so happy to get a game, similar to RRH....The graphics are stunning, the game play good, and I'm playing it for the second time already. I think it is pretty long! I'm always eager to support a company that is going to make quality hog games like this one. I even liked it better than "Dire Grove".........I don't have much patience, and my son bought me the collectors edition, sooooooooo, if you can wait a few weeks, it's a good way to save some money!
Laura

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Jan 29, 10 2:01 PM
I agree that the collector's editions are not worth the money. I was burned on the first one. Won't be purchasing any other.

[Post New]by Chefgal on Jan 29, 10 5:39 PM
No, What a waste done with it in less than a few hours with breaks. Although the game was very nicley done. Great graphics, all that jazz, but not 20 bucks worth. Although, I like to support Big Fish Games. Its a good family safe website. I wished I waited for a cheaper version

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Is it worth $20.00 ?????

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jan 30, 10 6:20 PM
tazz9797zz wrote:Yes, Yes, Yes

One of the best games I have ever played!!!!!!

I agree - terrific - a full afternoon of FUN! Thanks B.F. !!!!!!

manxminx
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by manxminx on Jan 31, 10 1:44 AM
I agree with Chefgal 100%

[Post New]by atlantis4569 on Jan 31, 10 7:32 PM
Absolutely NOT. It wasn't very long at all and it was a lot of opera singing that sounded downright STUPID. I skipped the singing because it made me want to hurl, but that was part of the storyline and I couldn't follow along with the story because of it. This game was the biggest waste of $20 I have ever spent. I have been with BigFish games since they started, or close to it, and have never felt so ripped. I guess I really shouldn't complain, I absolutely love BF or I wouldn't have been around as long as I have. But NOT WORTH $20 AT ALL. Anyone that says it is, is crazy. LOL.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Feb 5, 10 10:25 AM
My opinion: No. I bought it and do not like it at all. The hidden object scenes are mostly very dark, to the point that it hurts my eyes to try to find things. I don't like the voice that keeps making comments, nor do I like the "opera" segments. The puzzles are not challenging. At first I thought the artwork was good, but the scenes are depressingly dark, dirty, messy and generally unappealing.

I fail to see what "extras" one gets for the 20 bucks. There is no hint book or any special effects that I have noticed. This game is not in a class with Dire Grove.

[Post New]by spidyriffic on Feb 6, 10 5:04 PM
How is this compared to MCF?
do we have another series as good as MCF???

roymovrich
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by roymovrich on Feb 6, 10 8:04 PM
An emphatic YES!!! from me!
Its not like the MCFs where an entire epic adventure is woven into the game. Its a Hidden Object Game, so hidden object scenes are the prime focus.
I found it to be very like Sleepy Hollow (they're from the same developer) so its good to keep in mind that this is a vignette -short, very playable and not intended to get frustrated over, as I got frustrated with some of the puzzles in Ravenhearst and RTR.
The **** scenes are gorgeous and very dense, with many of the clues partly hidden and/or not in scale. This actually is a plus for me as it makes finding them that little bit more challenging.
Forum participants always seem divided on the subject of the puzzles -they're either too difficult or not challenging enough and it seems you can never satisfy both parties. I'd like to keep in perspective that most of us have to work for a living and play such games for off-duty entertainment; unlike some people here who seem to spend all day at their games. For me, Sweeney Todd's puzzles are just challenging enough for me to get by them without too much help and frustration.
Contrary to what others might think, I liked the singing precluding each chapter. It set the tone and if you don't like it, there's that "Skip" button. Nobody says you can't use that! If you recall, Johnny Depp's portrayal of Todd also had mock opera in it.
All in all, it was definitely worth it. Just remember that it takes time and effort to create a game like this. For my part I'd like to see those detractors put out a game themselves which they would consider play-worthy. Then we'll see how the cards stack up!
(By the way, I never have seen forum posters who criticise games every which way put games of their own up!)

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by vthecat on Feb 7, 10 6:29 PM
Fun HOG with gorgeous graphics and great sound. Was the CE worth it? No. Unlike Dire Grove CE, there simply aren't enough extra features to warrent the extra cost. Wait for the regular version (which may be out now).

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 11, 10 1:50 AM
I really like the game and I'm glad I bought it but it is not worth $20. The extra features are really not extra, it's just a convenient way to fast forward through the game to your favorite parts. While it's an interesting idea to be able to time yourself on the different hidden object scenes, that's just not enough to warrant a $20 price tag. And the puzzles can only be completed one or two times before you don't even have to think anymore to complete them.

It seems like the only things to justify spending $13 is the early access and strategy guide. But with the free walkthroughs and present availability, why spend so much money when you can get the same exact game for $6.99?

[Post New]by rockstargirl68 on Feb 11, 10 8:33 PM
so far I am not impressed for my 20$. It is a little boring(maybe I was spoiled by MCF Return to Ravenhurst)

Go to: