Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by imatryin on May 20, 16 5:53 PM
I think this comes under Tech problem..The Flowers and water task...I know how to do it have collected 2 lots of flowers..one inside house one on gate...But the two flowers in the planters I can not get the cursor to pick them sits on both spots and just tells me nothing to do here...so there must be some glitch in the game...would be good if you could cancel that action and try again..I a wondering if the problem was not collecting flowers in order O,P,Q..until you read the SG you don't see this..and you only read SG if you are stuck in first place.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by CherylParker on May 20, 16 7:08 PM
I played through the game with no problems. I am now playing for the second time to get the achievements I didn't get the first time. I am in the doctors mansion. I have the horn for the deer and I can't zoom in to the deer. What do I do now? Ask for my money back? This is getting ridiculous. The games have been having too many tech problems lately!!!!

[Post New]by shystice on May 20, 16 8:55 PM
The flowers in the bonus game. Many of us are having a very hard time trying to get them and not being able to. I am at dead end and cannot finish the game like some others.

I have tried all the suggestions and none works. Guess I will delete and then reload. If this does not fix the problem I will ask for a refund on this game

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on May 21, 16 12:25 AM
I am having the same problem with the flowers in the bonus game please can you look into it grrr

[Post New]by issthereauser on May 21, 16 7:23 AM
I went ahead and bought the game even though the demo froze repeatedly at Leo's house. Well guess what the full version does the same thing. I tried all of the tech suggestions and nothing works. Unless the developer comes up with an update to fix immediately I want a refund.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on May 21, 16 12:10 PM
issthereauser wrote:I went ahead and bought the game even though the demo froze repeatedly at Leo's house. Well guess what the full version does the same thing. I tried all of the tech suggestions and nothing works. Unless the developer comes up with an update to fix immediately I want a refund.

Same here. Uninstalled/re-installed, running as Administrator; nothing, still freezes at Leo's house when you click on the cat. I have more than the system requirements call for; why customers should be expected to jump through further technological hoops just to play the games we've payed for is beyond me.
I would dearly love to buy a game that's been quality tested, but the last two games I've bought from BF have errors that cannot be by-passed and NO resolution from BF or the developers. WHAT'S GOING ON, GUYS?!?

Resolution or refund.

lj021
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lj021 on May 21, 16 3:46 PM
I had no issues during the game but, once i started playing the bonus game I started having issues. the flowers im supposed to collect are the problem. the game will not allow me to collect all the flowers so im stuck. I have hit the hint button on every scene and it says, "go elsewhere". I was told to try and "reset" the game. I have no idea how to reset. I have exited the game and began playing again but, nothing changed. what do i do now? this is totally a glich. I am running Windows Vista by the way.

lj021
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lj021 on May 21, 16 4:27 PM
Never mind people, I found the "reset" very clearly visible at the top of where the flower bowl was!! Lol!! This game had no gliches at all..I was just not doing what i should have done. I picked the wrong flowers randomly picking and they were not correct. i reset it kept the flowers i should have picked and was able to pick the correct flowers again after reset. Great game!!! Sorry for all the stupid questions I asked.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on May 21, 16 7:36 PM
It's the hint button! after 3 attempts, using windows 7 on a pc, I found I can play as long as I don't use the hint

[Post New]by bertiewooster on May 22, 16 5:23 AM
i have just purchased and downloaded/installed this and it will not play. keeps coming up with error (tried to load from 0x00000000) terminated
Windows XP system

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 22, 16 8:57 AM
Windows 10 and this game do NOT get along.

I got kicked out of this game at least 14 times, before I was able to finally finish the game. I even deleted/reloaded the game. It seemed to help a little, but I was glad to complete the Bonus chapter.

It is a good game, but frustrating to play because of the incompatibility problems of Windows 10 and this ERS game.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on May 22, 16 12:10 PM
Has anybody tried this with success ? I also froze at the cat.

Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 19, 16 6:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

48tex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 48tex on May 22, 16 6:07 PM
My issue is definitely technical. Game freezes in the Foyer of I amnot sure whose house it is because when I touch my mouse it freezes my entire system. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game and did the same thing with Adobe. I am running Windows 10.

I did trouble shooting with Adobe and found nothing but installed it anyway in an effort to play the game. I am going to additionally run Dr. Felix and send an email to Customer Support.

I got past the cat, but had a bit of difficulty. The house I am in has a projection room upstairs. I think I am almost done with the game actually.

It is so exasperating for these issues and I exhaust all my technology to fix it before I write in. YACK I am so frustrated.

[Post New]by pagrupe on May 24, 16 2:20 PM
I am having the same problem as Cheryl Parker. I played through the game with no problems. I am now playing for the second time to get the achievements I didn't get the first time. I am in the doctors mansion. I have the horn for the deer and I can't zoom in to the deer. What do I do now?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 25, 16 8:07 AM
I'm playing on a Mac El Capitan. I got to the flowers in the bonus chapter but can't do anything now? Map shows no available tasks, and keep getting same message of 'nothing to do here'. Have been over entire game and I cannot move on. It has to be a glitch.

I expect better than this when paying double to play a CE.

It's so frustrating when you get this far in a game but can't continue :-(

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on May 25, 16 10:47 AM
imatryin wrote:I think this comes under Tech problem..The Flowers and water task...I know how to do it have collected 2 lots of flowers..one inside house one on gate...But the two flowers in the planters I can not get the cursor to pick them sits on both spots and just tells me nothing to do here...so there must be some glitch in the game...would be good if you could cancel that action and try again..I a wondering if the problem was not collecting flowers in order O,P,Q..until you read the SG you don't see this..and you only read SG if you are stuck in first place.

Same problem. Cant pick the flowers outside except one of them.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on May 26, 16 8:15 AM
Wish I had read the Forum posts before purchasing. Fun game/demo okay/ price with code great but.........no way to get through. Freezes at jailhouse and cannot even escape from the game. Have to shut down computer. Have tried reinstalling but doesn't help. Hopefully, this game will be fixed so I can finish it one day.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on May 31, 16 6:21 AM
I can't play this game. I am new to Windows 10. I have checked for updates and PID(?) (at 100%). I have uninstalled and installed both the game and the Big Fish App. I am fairly certain that I am running as administrator. Although the app shows it as ready to play, it does not open from the app or the drop down or desk top. It always shows an error: access violation 0x0.00000000. I checked the forums. I am using a PC and Windows 10 and sending a Dr. Felix. Help, please.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 1, 16 5:30 AM
Just swimming in to see if there are any updates on the tech problems with this game? BFG - will appreciate if one can finish the bonus chapter!!!!

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on Jun 1, 16 9:35 PM
HELP!!!
Problems with the update... when I press "check for updates" button, it tells me that there aren't any updates.
Game is freezing if the hint button is pressed and sometimes the screen turns black when looking for "orbs"

Go to: