Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Prehistoric Tales here.

[Post New]by majeters on May 27, 16 6:46 PM
can't enter any battles after purchase. I want my money back.
windows 7

Edited on 05/27/2016 at 6:47:24 PM PST

[Post New]by MarieLouiseB on May 28, 16 7:35 AM
Same issue here. I have Win7 - though this most definitely has nothing to do with the operating system. I played the trial until the hour was over and the game closed automatically, then bought and restarted the game and since then there is no hero on the map anymore and I can't battle any enemies (not even the ones in the cave). Too bad, because just collecting money and food lets you level up, but it's just no fun.

Can Not Go to Battle

[Post New]by Gale262 on May 28, 16 8:36 AM
In the free trial I was able to go to battle. After I bought the game and downloaded it to play in full, everything worked except the battle. I went to the battle map and could see the cave and all the other battles, I could open each one, but when pressing the "Battle" button, the game did nothing. I can not go to battle for anything on the battle map. Please help. This is a great game and will enjoy it more when this is fixed. Thanks for looking into this issue.

[Post New]by nomadess on May 28, 16 10:06 AM
Since buying the game, same story, can't go into battle. Windows 10, level 10 in the game.

[Post New]by Avril01 on May 28, 16 12:26 PM
I seem to have the same issue as all of the others.
Game worked fine, got to level 13.
Bought the game and now on the 'three battles' quest. There's plenty of enemies to battle, but my army is no longer on the map and when I select a battle, press 'battle' I just drop down to the map again.
I have been able to buy the extra defenders by upgrading barracks etc but cant continue.

[Post New]by Puzzling on May 28, 16 4:31 PM
I am on windows 10. The game would play for a few minutes and then freeze. I went to the forum here and went through all the recommended steps to solve it and now the game won't even open. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing - game won't open at all

Beesy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Beesy on May 28, 16 10:08 PM
nomadess wrote:Since buying the game, same story, can't go into battle. Windows 10, level 10 in the game.

I use Windows 8 and as nomadess since buying can't go to battle - press the battle button but nothing happens.

So Big Fish - is this going to be fixed? If not I want my credit back - seems to be no response from BFG to this issue why?

[Post New]by Molly32700 on May 29, 16 10:10 AM
Why is there no refund or fix yet? If this issue has been going on since release, why was I still able to purchase it today? You're selling another broken game.

Nilent
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nilent on May 30, 16 12:06 AM
I have the same problem. I just bought the game yesterday, big disappointment since I cannot continue in the game. I need to win 3 battles, but I cannot even enter 1. I tried exiting, then restarting the game, and no go.

What can I do to continue the game? I see no other posts from the powers that be except for the one on the first page, that doesn't help.

Win 7 Professional.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on May 30, 16 2:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues people have been experiencing in the game. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to report this here. We definitely don't want people to experience tech problems in their games, and I want to assure everybody that I've gone ahead and passed along these posts so that the appropriate teams are aware.

In the meantime, our help articles may be able to help. I've gone ahead and included a few below that can be used in a variety of different situations. I suggest taking a look at the following and trying the steps they include:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

I also took a look on the forums, and it appears that scooter0327 posted a workaround that's been able to resolve this problem for some players. In case anyone would like to take a look, I've included a link to it below:

Found a Workaround for "3 Battles"

Additionally, the following has steps and info specific to computers running Windows 10:

Windows 10

If anyone continues to experience a glitch or problem, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report issues to the right teams, and they're always happy to help. Additionally, they can issue replacements or refunds if needed.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 05/30/2016 at 2:05:17 PM PST

[Post New]by krdunne on May 30, 16 5:58 PM
I created a second player and the second player used my battle crew from my first player even though I shouldn't have been able to have those players yet. For example my snake dragon showed I had 6 out of a possible 0

[Post New]by jojosnader on May 31, 16 1:58 PM
It sounds horrible to say but I am so glad I am not the only one that cannot battle! I thought for a minute it was just me.

ProgFrock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ProgFrock on Jun 1, 16 9:11 AM
I've just joined the jolly crew of the "Just Bought It, Can't Go Into Battle" ship.

I'm on Windows 10. Please fix it, Big Fishy!

[Post New]by Marshakt on Jun 5, 16 7:41 PM
another one here No more battles since purchase...

[Post New]by Ipomoea on Jun 10, 16 12:52 PM
win 7 64 bit, the same probleme, can`t battle

[Post New]by Ipomoea on Jun 10, 16 2:32 PM
I bought a game that doees not work ,like many other players . When big fish is not capable to fix this problem, i want back my game credit and i will give back this game!

- Sorry for my english -

[Post New]by heritagesales on Jun 13, 16 2:06 PM
cool game. too bad about the glitches. I also have the same problem with no battles after purchase. Tech better come up with a fix soon or they're gonna have a LOT of refunds to process. I'm giving it a week more and then I'll be asking for my refund as well!

[Post New]by Prince_Kovu on Jun 19, 16 1:21 PM
Having the same problem here. Character icon has disappear so I can't battle. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't do anything for it. I'm stuck on the quest 'Dinosaur Hunting".

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 19, 16 5:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to apologize to you all that are still experiencing problems battling in this game. Thank you everyone who has taken the time to talk about it with us here. We certainly don't want people to experience tech problems in their games, and I wanted to reply and suggest some help guides that may help or to get in contact with our Customer Support team if those do not work.

I suggest taking a look at the following page and trying the steps it includes as it may help out in this scenario:

Run Game as Administrator

Also, it appears that scooter0327 posted a workaround that's been able to resolve the battles issue for some players. In case anyone would like to take a try with this workaround, I've included a link to it below:

Found a Workaround for "3 Battles"

And, if you are running Windows 10, the following has steps and info specific to computers running Windows 10 that could help:

Windows 10

If anyone continues to experience a glitch or problem, we absolutely recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have tools that can gather data on and report emerging issues to the right teams, and they're always happy to help. Additionally, they can issue replacements or refunds if needed or requested.

Thank you all for being patient while trying to play this game. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Jul 3, 16 1:34 PM
It is now July 3rd, I just purchased this game and I wish I'd checked the forum first! As soon as I purchased it, I also could not battle. I find it preposterous that a fix has not been devised in all this time since the release. Especially since it was apparently an issue during Beta testing. Clearly, the developers have no interest in customer service. They are, apparently, only out for the $$$ they get when people purchase and have no intention to fix any problems.

As it appears BFG has no power to make them correct their mistakes, I would strongly urge BFG to stop doing business with this developer.

I will try the workaround, but don't feel the customers should have to deal with the developer's mistakes.

Go to: