_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Green Moon

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 23, 10 8:37 AM
I agree with gems1979: Use the walkthrough to get started. Once you're done with the make-coffee-task, you get your 1st real task and it gets much clearer. It's a fantastic game. Not a HOG, I agree - more for fans of Drawn and the like, IMO.

Oh and don't pick every thing up, you don't need to: many items are used where they are, or the ways to get them are short*. They even come back when you used them - in case you need to retry a potion...

ETA: * Once I got that with the items, I just dropped them in the basement for later use.
And the walkthrough is at
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/green-moon-walkthrough/

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 8:45:13 AM PST

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 23, 10 9:04 AM
Wah! I WANT to be mollycoddled and led by the hand. Best are games with both options.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 23, 10 9:33 AM
slm1948 wrote:Wah! I WANT to be mollycoddled and led by the hand. Best are games with both options.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!
you chatted what I am feeling

PEN

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 23, 10 11:02 AM
slm1948 wrote:Wah! I WANT to be mollycoddled and led by the hand. Best are games with both options.

Lol

Margie B

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Jan 23, 10 11:29 AM
Just jumping in here to say I bought the game and after the first couple of tasks (with the help of the walkthrough) I am settling down to it quite nicely. It does remind me of a game I played some years ago but can't remember which one. But really enjoying Green Moon.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 23, 10 11:49 AM
This is definitely an adventure game and I really like it. It's a bit tricky to get started since it's a little unclear what to do until you find the recipe book in the basement (took me a minute to figure out I needed a lit match in the basement to see anything). Once you find the book the goals are very clear. And you'll realize you do not need to pick up everything you see. You just need certain items to obtain certain goals.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 23, 10 12:10 PM
Definately on my 'wish list' for February since my punchcard is already full (Hint)

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 23, 10 12:15 PM
Okay...gotta D/L this and see what it's all about...sounds interesting lol just as soon as I finish my 'clicks to help feed an animal/rainforest/mammogram/books for kids, etc.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 23, 10 12:43 PM
I'm downloading the trial now on the basis of this thread.
The game doesn't look like a standard hog from the screenprints that go with the description. After all, there are inventory slots but no object lists.

fifegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fifegal on Jan 23, 10 12:57 PM
I agree, this is not a HOG but an adventure. It can be hard to begin with, took me the whole hour to make the coffee, felt like quitting but stuck in there, So it is a buy for me. Gotta work those brain cells somehow and I think this game will do that.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 23, 10 12:57 PM
This game is more like an adventure game. I'm going to suggest that they update the category so people don't think it's an HOG or even an IHOG.

Margie B

ggxgp
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ggxgp on Jan 23, 10 1:29 PM
penrose47 wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!
you chatted what I am feeling

PEN

I haven't tried this demo yet, but I agree that having a choice is good. Some days I want to play, but just don't want to have to think that hard.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Jan 23, 10 2:38 PM
vicalana wrote:Deleted after 7 minutes. Found it very old-fashioned and dull. Not a hidden object game really.

Vicalana.....you had more patience than I did. Three minutes and I was tired of this joke of a game.

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on Jan 23, 10 2:52 PM
I think this is the best 'casual' game I've tried. Took me all of the demo to even find the coffee beans, certainly not a game for the impatient. As has been said it does get easier once you have completed the first task but still finding it far from straightforward a couple of hours in and for me that is a good thing.

Deege111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Deege111 on Jan 23, 10 3:10 PM
Just finished. I think it took around six hours (not completely sure as I played for two hours, stopped, then forgot to check the clock when I started again). I thoroughly enjoyed the game...start to finish. Once you get the hang of the first few tasks, the process becomes easier. However, the gathering of ingredients get more complicated, often including side tasks. I found it best to look at each item as I found it, but wait until a specific item was called for before putting it in inventory. Of course then you had to remember where you saw it! New locations appear throughout the process of the game, making for quite a large world. The tasks and mini games offer a lot of variety in game play. IMO it was well worth the $$.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 23, 10 3:22 PM
I finished the trial - and completed nothing in my hour. I missed the critical item.
I think I'll buy this at my next credit.

This is neither HOG nor IHOG but a straight adventure.

Edited on 01/23/2010 at 3:23:17 PM PST

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 23, 10 3:28 PM
I was lost until i read some of the reviews, i was picking up everything then ran out space but someone mentioned to read the walk-thru to get started. Once i read it for the first task - it become much easier - i made a mistake making the coffee - the book said you have to read and remember. I think this will be interesting game but i am still undecided on purchasing .

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jan 23, 10 3:40 PM
dlap wrote:I have 11 minutes left in the demo and still no clue as to what I am supposed to do. I'm finding stuff but don't know what the purpose of the game is and what I am supposed to look for. So does anyone know anything about this game and i mean anything? What am I looking for and what am I supposed to be doing. The game has me stump, It looks fun once I get started but I hesitate to buy it when I am still going from room to room with no clue as to what I am looking for and WHY.

Seems hodge-podge to me - not a clue and nothing really makes sense.

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Jan 23, 10 3:49 PM
I love this game, made it to the 4th task in the demo. While I am not smart enough to ever make it through Mist, I am finding this a thinking persons game for me and can't wait to buy it. I recommend it!!

axogur
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by axogur on Jan 23, 10 4:10 PM
Sorry, but not my cup of tea and deleted the Demo

The beginning is for me too long in 'not knowing what you'll have
to do'; what the 'goal' is.

I'm sorry about it, as the intro looked promising.

Go to: