bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 5, 16 12:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game. We greatly appreciate players taking the time to post their experiences with the game in this thread and we definitely want to help get things up and running as it should. The Moderation Team has indeed passed along the contents of this entire thread to the appropriate teams. If any information is known, we will update the Forums.

In the meantime, it is recommended to look at the following help articles as they contain steps that have been known to help resolve the various issues that players are seeing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Run Game as Administrator

Windows 10

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to gather this data and bring it to the appropriate teams to help aid in the investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by NancyNC on Jun 5, 16 2:06 PM
I have the same issue - every time I use the cursor, it takes me out of the game. Running Windows 8.1. And it's really not useful to post the same technical 'fix' information - it NEVER works when it's this type of issue. The developers need to fix the bug!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jun 5, 16 3:35 PM
I have no cursor at all! I never use the 'game' cursor (it's always floaty), so when I clicked the button for system cursor it DISAPPEARED ALTOGETHER! I had to ctrl>alt>del to get out!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 6, 16 10:17 AM
Hi NancyNC and gertie23,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing the cursor issues that have been reported in the Forums. The Moderation Team doesn't have the tools to troubleshoot from the Forums, and we suggest help articles as they contain troubleshooting steps that may help to resolve the issues. I can assure you that we have passed along this information to the appropriate teams for investigation. If any information is known, we will update the Forums.

If you would like to aid in the investigation, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to gather this data and bring it to the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 6, 16 4:24 PM
Running Windows 7. Every cut scene contains jerky movement and has double and triple images. No idea what the sound is like, as I always turn the sound off in games. But the visuals make it distinctly unsafe to play if you're epileptic--which I am. Definitely not ready to be released.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jun 7, 16 8:31 PM
Airship area - its gotta be a glitch
same issue as Teacup23 and so many others: shot the slingshot, got the claw but game won't advance - cursor disappeared. PC Windows 10

Restarting and reinstalling doesn't work. Still can't finish game...second one this weekend. Feels like I didn't accomplish anything (except for the laundry that I had to do since I couldn't finish the games...sigh)

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jun 8, 16 3:36 PM
and still no update for the airship bug....it figures...they have already made their money, so why care about it?

[Post New]by eyc2ndalto on Jun 8, 16 3:57 PM
Same as teaset3 and belamba. screwed at the claw handle. I'm also on Mac El Capitain

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Jun 8, 16 6:06 PM
I too am having trouble at the air ship stage. Cursor froze so I uninstalled game and now the sling shot wont work, so uninstalled again, now all game frozen. Very disappointing as I was enjoying the game. please help big fish!!!
I am running a new computer with windows ten.

Edited on 06/08/2016 at 6:07:41 PM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 10, 16 2:47 AM
I sent detailed email to BFGs and a Dr Felix report on Monday. Still have not had a reply? What's the point of buying games, spending 3 hours of your life playing them only to get a glitch?
I'm on a Mac El Capitan, but note others using Windows also have the crab handle issue causing game to crash.

Second game in a row that has crashed. We pay double for a CE, so why isn't there news on a fix of CS aren't interested in our problems?

Getting very frustrated with BFGs. Always had amazing CS.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 10, 16 6:34 AM
I am VERY disappointed with the so-called "System" cursor. The only difference between the system and the custom cursor is that the system cursor is a little smaller than the custom cursor. Otherwise it's exactly the same.

And I HATE HATE HATE using custom cursors. Never do.

So why, when there is a box for a "system" cursor, all we get is a smaller version of the custom cursor? This really spoils the game for me.

--- --- ---

hazelwize16 wrote:CURSOR will not let me play the game AT ALL ... every time i click the game it goes out of the game ... Windows 8.1 ... mouse or tablet ... doesn't matter ... can't play or buy a game that doesn't work ... just so ya know ... will look for an update that hopefully fixes this problem ... i hate to point out that i RARELY have this issues with EIPIX ... looked interesting though ...

This game is not by Eipix, it's by Boolat.

Edited on 06/10/2016 at 6:36:46 AM PST

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jun 10, 16 12:40 PM
I am SO SO fed up. I bought this game and Hidden Expedition Midgards End and cannot play either as they will not activate. I get a Runtime problem, time outs 802, 70something. I have Win 10 on both desktop and laptop and neither will activate. I have reloaded them numerous times and that's only possible on an OLD game app. which I was sent as BFG have told me that I cannot use the latest app. to access my purchase history as I have too many games!?!*** It took BFG CS a week to address my last problem, the inability to load games from my account. Does anyone know how to get round the runtime problem?

Ticked off
Elirana

[Post New]by researcher1 on Jun 11, 16 6:24 AM
Same issue with the cursor. Very frustrating! Have to use task manager to even close the game! Playing on a BRAND NEW Lenovo all in one Windows 10. Come on, Big Fish!
A wide spread problem like this deserves better customer service than the same tired suggestions that have never worked for any of the buggy games!

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jun 11, 16 12:32 PM
Okay, so I had this problem with a game before (unable to advance) when certain puzzles were played out of order (which totally sucked, btw), so I thought that might be the problem with the crab claw/lost cursor when trying to play the hop in the airship area.

NOPE! I went back and replayed the game from the beginning, in the exact order as in the strategy guide and still the game froze after placing the claw. (PC Windows 10.)

i agree with Belamba: very frustrated and furthermore it seems that sending a Dr. Felix report won't even get BFG to respond.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 16, 16 3:25 AM
kaitlinn wrote:Okay, so I had this problem with a game before (unable to advance) when certain puzzles were played out of order (which totally sucked, btw), so I thought that might be the problem with the crab claw/lost cursor when trying to play the hop in the airship area.

NOPE! I went back and replayed the game from the beginning, in the exact order as in the strategy guide and still the game froze after placing the claw. (PC Windows 10.)

i agree with Belamba: very frustrated and furthermore it seems that sending a Dr. Felix report won't even get BFG to respond.

I've emailed BFGs CS for a 'second' time regarding this game and still NO response!
Their CS used to be one of the best ever, but lately the worst. Not even a replacement voucher. Spent over £20 on two CEs that glitched, got a generic reply regarding first game and a free CE voucher.

Until I here from them, get a refund or an update to the crab claw glitch, I'm no longer going to buy any games!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 18, 16 2:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing these technical problems in the game. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to report these problems here. The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants people to be able to play their games without encountering tech issues, and we're working to pass along the reports in this thread so that the appropriate teams are aware.

For the problems being described here, I've gone ahead and included a few different help articles that may assist. The following can be useful if a game isn't functioning correctly, or is otherwise performing poorly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Elirana, I understand that this game and another are having problems activating. For the issues you described, I suggest taking a look at the following help article:

Errors 703, 801, 802, 803, and 810

While the Forum Moderation Team would like to be able to offer further, in-depth assistance for issues like these, we are unable to due to the limitations of the forums. We suggest our help articles for problems and glitches as they contain steps that have been able to work for a variety of situations, however we completely understand that these may not apply to every issue. When people are experiencing a persisting tech problem, we highly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only do our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report problems, but they also can provide customized assistance. Additionally, those reports can be useful in assisting in any investigations that may occur.

belamba, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response when you reached out to the Support Team. I've been in touch with them, and it looks like a response was sent out from us on June 14, but it appears that we didn't receive a reply. It's possible that the email may not have reached your inbox, and you have our apologies for the trouble.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 18, 16 2:32 PM
If you didn't receive that email, I would recommend double-checking your Spam or Junk Mail folder, as it's possible that the email may have been accidentally sorted there. If not, we suggest contacting us again through the link I've included above, and adding the following email to your address book or safe senders list. This way we can make sure that the emails sent from us get to your inbox:

bigfishgames@mailwc.custhelp.com

Thank you all for your patience and understanding in this matter. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

tangawarra
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by tangawarra on Jun 21, 16 6:43 AM
teaset3 wrote:When I was on the airship area, I had received the crab claw clasp and used them but then I lost my curser completely and could not play the hop. I tried going out of the game and back into the game and my curser was back, but I had lost the crab claw clasp with not way to get them again.

Same thing happened to me, very frustrating.

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Jul 3, 16 7:43 AM
Cursor does not work every time I go to inventory it takes me out of game and when you use it to go somewhere it takes you somewhere else, like going to inventory.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Jul 3, 16 5:19 PM
Never got past 10 minutes into the trial. Brand new windows 10 computer (purchased a gaming computer so it should accommodate everything) and minimizes to the taskbar every time my cursor nears the edge of the screen. Very disappointed--looked like it had lots of potential.

Go to: