LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews- Million Dollar Quest

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jan 25, 10 3:51 AM
Crashed my computer twice. one more try and if it does it again I'll abandon.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Jan 25, 10 4:13 AM
Well 2nd time and no luck. It would be different if it was a blank screen then I could do a driver check. Oh well Maybe they'll get a fix later on. Happy gaming to those that can play.

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Jan 25, 10 4:17 AM
Key for cart for yellow suitcases is in the closet look at keypad and see smudges, hit from dark to lighter. Hope this helps

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Jan 25, 10 4:17 AM
Got into game, but have purchased so many not so good games, went to the forum to see the reviews and could not get back into the game. Love the parts I did play. Bf please fix this

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jan 25, 10 4:19 AM
Just finished the demo, and got 42% of the way through.

Quite a cool little game, graphics a bit simplistic and irritating lead-in to puzzles - why do they have to have a little girl on the plane trying to help the heroine (is it Sandra?) recall her past, or the hotelier make her play a daft game to win a free dinner? I found the voice overs irritating, and the story somewhat ridiculous, but at least it had a followable plot. Some of the games are way too simple, like replacing objects onto their shadows, but others did confound me a little bit, like trying to use my brain to work out how to move a luggage trolley in the airport! (It was very simple really once I'd used a little hint!)

All in all, I am obviously not going to buy the game as a) it is too short to use a credit on for me and b) it is a bit simplistic for me. Having said that, I think it is a good game for people who like a simpler style hog but are also good at wandering around looking for random items to solve puzzles, something I fear my brain is not set up to do.

I'm not sure why it is a large file game though!

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jan 25, 10 4:35 AM
Will be talking to CS about it. I got as far as the title screen closed out and had 56 minutes left, deleted and downloaded again went to play and it tells me that the trial has expired, wish I knew who had played the rest as there is noone else in the house at the moment

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 25, 10 4:37 AM
Teach496 wrote:I'm with you, Angelfan! Where IS the key for the yellow suitcase scene???

When you enter the closet, click on the panel "4", then click on "6" - it will be opened, and you'll see the key.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jan 25, 10 4:47 AM
I bought the game, and now it keep's freezing up, and making my computer go into a safe mode, I am going to ask for a game credit to replace this game. I see other's have played all the way through, and then there are a lot that are having problem's.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jan 25, 10 4:48 AM
I am in the minority here, but I really wasn't impressed with this game. Firstly, it took forever to load, even though the purple bar at the bottom of the screen had filled up. I spent several minutes looking at a picture of the Statue of Liberty, plane, pyramid etc before it finally kicked in. Secondly, in my opinion, there was too much unnecessary dialogue. Admittedly you can click to speed it up, but I prefer a 'Skip dialogue' button, and maybe a journal that stores any vital information you may have missed by clicking this.

Finally on the negative side, it involved too much random clicking and not enough logic. As mentioned by several people already, the cleaner's closet puzzle appeared to be nothing more than guesswork. Hint button didn't help, but clicking it necessitated a fairly lengthy recharge time.

Having said all the above, I would like to add, on the positive side, that the graphics are bright and clear, and the puzzles are varied. Maybe this game is not everyone's cup of tea, but hats off to for giving us a game every day, and also the opportunity to try before buying.

Happy gaming

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 25, 10 5:19 AM
Boring and childish-not for me. sorry

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jan 25, 10 5:21 AM
"same problem for me as vickie39 and marniem"

have deleted and am downloading again

can't escape the game unless I turn the computer off manually - escape doesn't work and neither can I ctr alt del to bring up the task manager

add me to the list of those having that exact problem.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jan 25, 10 5:26 AM
I have contacted Customer Support but not expecting an answer for a week due to backlog over holidays

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 25, 10 7:24 AM
This game reminds me to MUCH of Dream Sleuth ,,& that's in a bad way.,,wont make that mistake again !!! This game screwed my system bad , so buyer be WARE...I also find it to childish , so it's a no play no buy for me ..way to much dialog ..I can't wait till I have something good, to say about a game again..but till then..Cheers

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 25, 10 7:30 AM
The game runs perfectly for me. I liked Dream Sleuth and I also liked Mushroom Age and this game is very similar. I enjoyed the demo.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 7:31:19 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jan 25, 10 7:44 AM
this game, so far (i am still on the trail) works fine for me, which is a BIG surprise as about 4 games in the last week or so have not played well at all...slow running, jerky cursor etc, so i am very pleased about this, dont know if i will buy or not..i have a game credit pleading to be used!!!!, i will finish the trial first before i make up my mind

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Jan 25, 10 7:59 AM
I can't get this game to open either. I have deleted it and will try one more time. I hope it works..it looks good

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 25, 10 8:27 AM
The demo start is different than the reg game opening. I stared at the title page too and the bar at the bottom, there was no place for player name or options. I think I just clicked on the page and the game started. After an hour it ran fine on my laptop Vista. I bought it and when it was activated I got a different first page that said welcome Player whatever but I didn't change it to my name because I wanted to Resume, not start over. Once I hit play I was able to back out to Options to adjust sound and there is a custom cursor option but that was working fine.

So,, those having download problems maybe it is ok you are just used to more buttons on the first page. Since my hour ended in the middle of a puzzle I did have to go back to first of Chapter 4 where it saves. Short chapters so I didn't mind. i.e. it looked like it hadn't loaded but it was for a demo, just click somewhere.

I love the clear crisp colorful graphics. Not much of a HOg but things to find to do a puzzle of which there are more than I would like. But pretty simple once I figure out how to navigate. I had to skip a few, am up to Chapter 13 now. She must have been a child prodigy to work that bead house, put me to shame. Lots of jigsaws which I like. Game will keep you busy for hours, lots to do. My only complaint is the click-o-ramas, hand got tired clicking to find sparkles or a clue. Didn't care for Mushroom Age for that reason, but like moving stuff around. Having fun mostly with it. Just finished a replay of RTR after months and was tough again - forgot how many junkpiles that one has. So this game is a nice one to just "play".

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 8:36:27 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 25, 10 8:36 AM
A nice game in the style from Laura Jones, Mystery Age, Christmasville, Pirateville etc. But I don`t like the many dialogues and its not enough standard searching lists for me. I like much better "standard hogs". Sorry, not a game for me.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 25, 10 10:22 AM
Well, I just finished the demo. And since it takes about 5 minutes (on my fairly new laptop) to load, and it crashed once, I wasted 10 minutes there.

Some of the puzzles were simplistic, yes, others were irritating, if you click the hint button, it takes you for example to the closet (where the key is), I KNOW the key is there, I need to know how to get to it). I eventually figured it out, not by logic however.

Some of the puzzles make NO sense to me, maybe I'm TOO logical I dunno. The voice actors were ok, though how much does one really have to say, or look for stuff everywhere. I thought my place was bad, lol! (my LIFE is a HOG)

So, I dunno. I'm left with mixed feelings. I got booted out trying to put together a house with dots that would not let me put the pieces down where I thought they would go, even though there was plenty of room around (a one dot square logically takes a 1 ball right? NOT!) I liked the story so far, but the frustration with some of the puzzles, the completely unacceptable length to load the game, and the crashing makes this one a pass.

This game is made I believe by the same people who brought us mushroom age, and magic academy 1 and 2. Games that were amazing, polished, and awesome. this one well, come on guys! surely you can do better than this!

my 2 cents, keep the change.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 25, 10 10:36 AM
Just completed 59 minutes of the demo and got to Chapter 7, 30 percent. I loved it was not a standard HOG, I did love the different kinds of games that went with finding things. I did like Mushroom Age though, so this is my kind of game.

What makes it a definate maybe for me (already have the 6 for this month and only a WOW game would make be go ahead and buy another this close to February), is the story is a little too cheesey for me, the voice of the main girl is a cheesey Nancy Drew. I can't think of another adjective other than that. So it would last approximately 3 hours for me, not too bad, so it goes on the list for maybe in February.

I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Go to: