Re:Rasputin's curse comments and reviews

[Post New]by dianepatrick on Feb 1, 10 9:06 AM
MammawJo wrote:A HUGE waste of time and money! For the developers as well as gamers. This game had a lot of potential; but barely got out of the toddler stage.

I had no problem with dl'ing or installing on Vista Home Premium (32bit); the game ran fine, if a bit on the slow side. My computer only has 1GB of RAM, so I don't often knock a game if it's a bit slow; but I see several others have the same issue.

The story line starts out well enough. Then it seems like you've missed a few episodes somewhere. Had me hollering " What the *heck*! (censored, lol) I, personally, love a good story with the game and a skip option is offered for those that don't.

Some objects are very hard to find/distinguish and had to use Hint for several of them, this is partly to do with not-so-great graphics.

I was really disappointed with this game. I was able to finish in just over 2 hours. And I think about half of the time was looking at the "Please Wait" screen.

I really wish developers would take a bit more time, care and pride in their work. Seems like we've been getting a lot of sub-standard games lately.

[Post New]by dianepatrick on Feb 1, 10 9:10 AM
Couldn't agree more. The name of this games should be "Please Wait." Story line so out of wack, I ended up staring at the scree wondering this is the end? Don't waste your money, this is not worth $7.00, can't believe I got taken by the demo, one of the least satisfying games ever.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 2, 10 1:45 AM
I just finished the whole game and I am appalled. What a terribly ridiculous story!! To those who did the one-hour demo and decided not to finish it, well good for you! You're better off not wasting your time on this bad soap opera drivel.

If you really want to know what happens next, highlight the text below.

SPOILERS

She goes back in time and falls in love with her ancestor. Lora and Rasputin kiss (ewww!). She gets jealous that he's seducing the Tzarina. Flash forward to eight months later, she's Rasputin's slave and is pregnant with his baby. She escapes, gives birth, and hides the baby. In present time, she's in a coma. She wakes up and reunites with her philandering husband. Everything seems back to normal, except that her son is possessed by Rasputin's spirit (bwahahaha!).

[Post New]by stylist5 on Feb 6, 10 2:22 PM
You know I actually enjoyed the game except for the freeze ups, but they only lasted for about a second each time. Mostly they happened when I would finish a section and click to move on. What irritated me was, I purchased the game thinking I would have a fair amount of time still to play but all I had left was 10 minutes!!! I can't believe I practically finished the game in the trial. THAT was a waste of money for sure! I wish I could have a "do over" on that purchase! I should have checked the forum first like I always do.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Feb 10, 10 7:50 PM
Am I the only person who really, really wants to strangle the whiney kid this chick is raising?

Seriously, there should be a nuclear option in games like this.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Feb 12, 10 5:34 PM
dvdiva wrote:If you really want to know what happens next, highlight the text below.

Thank you for sharing the ending. The game was awful to play but I was interested to see what this dippy woman would do next. I am very glad I had decided not to buy before reading the ending. I would have been extremely disappointed in myself if I had wasted my money and time with the rest of this one. LOL I can't believe the story is that stupid!

skae
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by skae on Feb 13, 10 6:40 PM
Love the story of Rasputin but game took so long to change scenes, cursor slow to move so got so fed up and trashed the game before I even got to Russia. Really disappointed.

puzzlingmom77
Marlin
Marlin
8,539 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlingmom77 on Feb 15, 10 11:44 AM
About all I can say about his game is...huh?
Did I really get the whole game? Were there pieces of it missing? Sure feels like it.
The story ends abruptly (and quickly I might add) and I feel like I "didn't get it". I consider myself a relatively intelligent person, but I can only sum up this game with one word...Huh???

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 17, 10 2:27 PM
This storyline ha a lot of possibilities-- none of which were realized though. The game was slow moving--it seemed to take forever for her to get to St. Petersburg and at times the cursor was "floaty" --had trouble getting it to land on what I was after. I only played the demo hour and couldn't wait for that to end. Poor product and from what I've heard of the rest of the story, I'm glad I didn't get that far. A real dud.

dspsunrise
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dspsunrise on Feb 18, 10 10:19 AM
Just finished a really good book that talked a lot about Rasputin and Russian history so when this game appeared I was excited and wanted to see what it offered. I usually like the RTR type of game and hoped this was similar but also like the typical HOG too. This game was very disappointing. I stuck it out through the whole hour trial hoping it would improve but it didn't. The story was rather slow and boring, the objects were fairly easy to find and the few that weren't didn't make much sense. Lastly, the wait time between sections was way too long! Very disappointing!!!!! Obviously, I won't be buying it at any cost. I'll be finishing Sweeny Todd (which is excellent) then moving on to Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera - which looked promising too in the demo.

[Post New]by totalduchess on Feb 20, 10 8:30 PM

have to agree, very boring game with a really (how shall I put this) dumb heroine. FInished it in about two hours, most of which was spent waiting on each scene to load. sorry I spent money on this one. This type of game seems to be more and more frequent. Have to agree it is a dog

[Post New]by elcorber on Feb 27, 10 9:24 AM
I thought the hidden object rather small, and really thought that the story behhind the game one of the worst I've come acrossed.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 27, 10 3:17 PM
This game had a chance to really be good if just a bit more effort was taken. In games there really isn't a lot of time for character development. No one wants to read pages of text to get a good feel for the story. In my opinion, the developers lacked the ability of good character development in the least amount of time. The main character isn't someone I'd like to know. The story line graphics were not very good. The hidden object rooms were ok, but the changing cursor color just didn't work very well. Because I didn't care about the 'heroine' of the story, I wasn't compelled to get to the end. And infidelity in a game like this does not improve it's sale value. For these reasons, this will not be on my list of games to buy.

errias
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by errias on Feb 28, 10 8:22 PM
Game moved way too slow. maybe it got better after you get into it further........but i didn't have the patience to see.........sorry, no sale.

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on May 29, 10 11:27 AM
MammawJo wrote:A HUGE waste of time and money! For the developers as well as gamers. This game had a lot of potential; but barely got out of the toddler stage.

I had no problem with dl'ing or installing on Vista Home Premium (32bit); the game ran fine, if a bit on the slow side. My computer only has 1GB of RAM, so I don't often knock a game if it's a bit slow; but I see several others have the same issue.

The story line starts out well enough. Then it seems like you've missed a few episodes somewhere. Had me hollering " What the *heck*! (censored, lol) I, personally, love a good story with the game and a skip option is offered for those that don't.

Some objects are very hard to find/distinguish and had to use Hint for several of them, this is partly to do with not-so-great graphics.

I was really disappointed with this game. I was able to finish in just over 2 hours. And I think about half of the time was looking at the "Please Wait" screen.

I really wish developers would take a bit more time, care and pride in their work. Seems like we've been getting a lot of sub-standard games lately.

I finished this game very quickly. I thought it was to easy and the ending left unanswered questions. I felt like a huge portion had been left out. Total waste of $6.99. I trashed it. I played the MAC version.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 11:31:25 AM PST

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on May 30, 10 7:44 PM
I do not recommend purchasing this game, mainly because of the short length. I purchased it after the one-hour free trial, and it ended shortly after that! The drawings were amateurish and the story was fairly lame. Events were not fully explained -- the woman just all of a sudden found herself in another time after fainting. It could have been a good game, but the story was weak. The hidden objects were fairly easy to find; however in a few puzzles, like find the difference, they were almost impossible. There wasn't a lot of consistency. I usually purchase these types of games because I want to see how the story ends. But if you haven't already bought this one, save your money for something else. The short length of this makes it not worth the money.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 1, 10 8:35 AM
The following comments are based solely on a partial demo:

I wasn't impressed with this one and certainly won't be buying it. I appreciated the fact that there were no junkpiles to sort through, and the items searched for made sense for setting. However the storyline made no sense (taking a month's vacation - an entire month, mind you - to a place your husband doesn't want to go so that the two of you can reconnect? Really?), and when I couldn't figure out what to do with the flowers on the table (you were supposedly helping Lora pack), I gave up and uninstalled the game. As far as I'm concerned, this one can stay here with Big Fish.

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 8:49:29 AM PST

cj27
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by cj27 on Jun 28, 10 10:51 AM
I am always afraid to check the comments on the forums because there might be revealed too much information on the game. I usually just jump in and purchase the game if the trial seems interesting. I might just change my approach.
Rasputins Curse game had two definite problems: a) the cursor wouldn't work to capture the torn manuscript, and also the same thing with matching the floating images. b) the ending !!! the story ended too abruptly.

oma420
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by oma420 on Aug 17, 10 11:18 AM
When you are clipping the gravestone bushes, make sure you go back and clip the all again and then hold the towel under the dripping water and wipe the grave stone clean. Frustrating at first but then you can move on and game is actually playable from then on. Oma

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 25, 10 11:44 PM
stylist5 wrote:You know I actually enjoyed the game except for the freeze ups, but they only lasted for about a second each time. Mostly they happened when I would finish a section and click to move on. What irritated me was, I purchased the game thinking I would have a fair amount of time still to play but all I had left was 10 minutes!!! I can't believe I practically finished the game in the trial. THAT was a waste of money for sure! I wish I could have a "do over" on that purchase! I should have checked the forum first like I always do.

I played the trial and wanted to know what happen with girlfriend. Story line and game very slow . . . . . seems great for an insomiac.

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 11:47:12 PM PST

Go to: