cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews - Alice's Tea Cup Madness

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 27, 10 12:37 PM
I wish someone would make a TM combo game with even number of HOG, puzzle, match three, etc. TMs to me are simply more of the same. I've bought some with DD and end up playing for a couple days, then never playing. Just not enough substance and always the same type of premise, retail, food, building, etc. Pretty dull concepts. It seems like more could be done with them. The only one I really liked and finished was "My Kingdom for the Princess Making money games turn me off. Too much like a job. I don't consider worrying about math and finances much fun.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 27, 10 12:56 PM
Thanks to everyone for your wonderful reviews and govegril, thank you for getting this Comment and Review thread going. I've gone ahead and stickied it to make sure it stays up at the top of this forum.

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Jan 27, 10 1:42 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy

Playability: Great. No problems downloading or playing.

Likes: New variation on the Diner Dash theme, but with some of the same elements - color match bonuses, chain bonuses, upgrades, etc. Fairly simple to learn and play. I made it almost through level 2 before my hour was up. Bonus food-catching game (like incense game in Spa Mania) can earn you more money for upgrades, or you can skip it if you wish. You get a bouncer to remove unhappy customers before they get mad and leave, saving you lost points. You can drag ingredients across multiple items to multi-task.

Dislikes: Music is repetitive and got on my nerves a little bit. Colorful background sometimes made it difficult to see when new customers arrive. It also got a little boring after a while; could have used some new customers or orders maybe.

Recommendations: Wait until you have a couple of customers seated before filling orders. You can use the multi-task feature to your advantage then. Don't skip the mini-game unless you don't need any more upgrades. It's fairly easy to play and you can earn a lot of cash.

Will I buy it? On the maybe list. I have several diner dash type games already and not sure if I can stand the music to this one. But it is a fun game and I was sad when my hour was up.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jan 27, 10 3:26 PM
Oh my, my daughter and I absolutely love this game! We have been eagerly waiting for it to arrive on BigFish and we were so surprised to find it yesterday. We are huge fans of Flo and the game is basically in the same genre. However, what sets it apart in my opinion is the adorable graphics. If you are a fan of Alice in Wonderland, you will love this game.

We had no problems with anything running slowly or the game messing up. The only problem was the trial ran out too fast. It seemed like we had just started when it was over. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I already have my 6 games for the month, but first thing on February 1st we are purchasing this game. Very cute and we didn't find it too hard or boring at all. Instructions were good, music was good. Just a fun game to play. Thanks BigFish!

[Post New]by finicky12001 on Jan 28, 10 1:41 PM
This game is good for very young children. I finished it in about an hour and a half. O wish i had not bought it. It is MUCH to simple.

Yorkenshaw
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Yorkenshaw on Jan 29, 10 10:50 AM
I downloaded the demo and liked it, though I am not sure whether to buy or not. I didn't find it too easy, but then I'm slow coach, and some of the dash games are to fast for me, especially cake mania series and Diner Dash is no go for me, I lose every time after the first few levels. It was a toss up today, as I had a coupon to purchase a game for $2.99, ( £2.15) whether to buy this one or Fiona Finch, and I chose that one instead, though I am finding that one rather tedious now already. How many levels are there in this game, must be well over 60. Can you really skip the catching mini game, that put me right off, I didn't mind the hidden objects so much.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 29, 10 11:45 AM
Yorkenshaw wrote:I downloaded the demo and liked it, though I am not sure whether to buy or not. I didn't find it too easy, but then I'm slow coach, and some of the dash games are to fast for me, especially cake mania series and Diner Dash is no go for me, I lose every time after the first few levels. It was a toss up today, as I had a coupon to purchase a game for $2.99, ( £2.15) whether to buy this one or Fiona Finch, and I chose that one instead, though I am finding that one rather tedious now already. How many levels are there in this game, must be well over 60. Can you really skip the catching mini game, that put me right off, I didn't mind the hidden objects so much.

Hi Yorkenshire,
There are 65 levels in the game.
50 restaurant levels
15 mini game levels (falling fruit and hidden object)

You can skip the falling fruit levels after you fail them.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 29, 10 1:00 PM
This game is really enjoyable, sometimes these games can get very hectic and my wrist and head get a little scrambled, but not with this one.

It took some time to get used to the drag feature, but when I did I really liked it, makes things a little easier on the wrist.

The bouncer was pretty useless to me in the levels I did but I could see him been useful later on in the game.

Nice game, I also liked the idea if the game, Alice running a tea-shop...Great!

One I would recommend even if you just play the trial.

Yorkenshaw
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Yorkenshaw on Jan 29, 10 1:09 PM
50 levels is good, I wouldn't play those falling food ones. Just realised that Fiona' Finch has only really 7 levels, being gardens, so that game is a bit too short, though each level can take over 30 minutes.

I really think I shall get this one now.

[Post New]by KitchenTable on Jan 31, 10 7:23 AM
As an experienced TM player, I found the game too easy. There was not the kind of ramp-up in difficulty that makes some TM games so challenging. On the other hand there were many positives: small file size, quick load between levels, a delightful color palette and attractive graphics that made you want to go out and find an outdoor tea garden in some idyllic park. On the technical level, there were three innovations: the all-serve, the bouncer and the drag-for-multiple-items feature. I never once used the bouncer, though, from the reviews above, other players enjoyed this function. However, the all-serve was extremely useful, and the multiple-item feature was a nice chance to use strategy -- overall, the innovation I most enjoyed in the game.

You can take the low-difficulty level as a negative - TM veterans seeking a breathtaking ride will not be challenged. But the pace is a positive for people sharing a computer with kids (definitely kid-appropriate, with a fun, fanciful story) and people who just want to relax in a colorful, imaginative environment.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Feb 2, 10 10:18 AM
Yes, don't bother buying this game. Very very simple to play. I wasted my money on this one. Finished it in no time and received all expert at the same time. This game is disappointing. Since I am a big Time management gamer. Come on someone please release a good TM game that I can not finish in a few hours. Not worth the money I spent.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Feb 2, 10 10:21 AM
I played the first 15 minutes, but found the graphics too "busy" for my liking.

CoffeeDiiva
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by CoffeeDiiva on Feb 2, 10 8:55 PM
Was a cute game, I thought it would be more like diner dash though, and didn't realize it was probably geared towards kids so I was quite disappointed at how easy it was, one level gave me a hard time but only for a little bit. I finished the game in one sitting
The upgrades were always the same, rather boring.
for preteens it is probably an excellent game for them, I just wish I didn't waste my credit on it

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Feb 6, 10 1:12 AM
How perfect game!!!!!!!!!!great,great...PF it will be next one?

[Post New]by Tash50 on Feb 6, 10 7:19 PM
I won't get into the basic mechanics of this game as it has been covered by previous posters. I will get to my 2 cents and review it from my player standpoint. The game was only fair. The graphics were fair, story line OK but predictable, and not too difficult. That last point being one of its virtues and draw backs. This would be a great game for children. For adults I found this game as a pleasent way to kill some time but not challanging at all. I was easily able to get expert on 98% of the levels the first time around. I was disappointed that the game didn't get more difficult as you progressed. In addition the upgrades available never changed except for the literal design/picture of item not the type of upgrades themselves. The story line was the exact same each level. Do not misunderstand, this wasn't a bad game but not a true TM type game that I enjoy. As a Playfirst original I found it disappointing. They usualy have better product than this. I suggest this game for children or someone wanting to kill time.I didn't find this game worth the 6.99. I bought it initaly thinking it would progress, but it didn't. It's worth the trial but beyond that not much meat except for kids. For sure not a game I would go back and play again or be interested enough to try for expert on the 2 places I didn't get it on. I hope this helps and please keep in mind just because it wasn't my cup of tea (no pun intended) doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. Enjoy your gaming.

[Post New]by Eri_Hime on Feb 9, 10 7:02 AM
Need help!!
I can't pass the Lv 37. I need to earn $17000 to pass the Lv. but I only can earn $14000 the most! Also, can I pick up more than 1 item a time??
Please help!!

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Feb 14, 10 8:49 AM
loved this game. Nice easy pace and expert in every level was easy to achieve. Enjoyed the mini levels as well. Good game to play over the weekend as it keeps you relaxed instead of stressed like some games. good, fun game. My kids also loved that it was Alice in Wonderland.

runt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by runt on Feb 23, 10 7:35 AM
i achieved expert on all levels. was just wondering way door doesn't unlock? did get all the trophies. any idea if locked door means continue of this game. ty

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Mar 3, 10 8:51 PM
I'm new to TM games, but I thought this one was a good way to break into it. I wish that you could play more levels with the "completed" tea shop, and REALLY wish I could turn off the custom cursor.
It is a cute game, and fun for me.
I got alot of help here in the forum, thank you all!

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Mar 10, 10 10:25 PM
My first Time Management game! I really enjoyed it, so colorful and fun.

I found it to be easy and it's probably for first time TM gamers like myself. I had a little trouble dragging the customers onto their seats, but other than that I had no technical issues. I also had to repeat a later level several time, for some reason it was more difficult than even the levels that fallowed. The dishes are very easy to make and I loved the upgrades!

Great game BF!

Go to: