1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jan 27, 10 4:12 AM
Ditto to what all have said.
All I can say is annoying.
I usually at least play the hour even if it's a lousy but 20 minutes is all I could stand and that was too long.
Objects way to small, doesn't go into full screen (black bars on the sides) and I won't even mention the sparkles,

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 27, 10 4:21 AM
I'm trying to figure out who the devs meant as their target audience for this game. For adults, you really don't even need to look at the lists or solve riddles to know what to click. I was thinking kids w/ the sparklies, but it kept switching back n forth bwtn HOs, broken bits, & some really dark screens, so then I thought kids might get easily frustrated w/ this & indeed play Find the Sparkles or shut it off.

It's a shame b/c it does look like a lot of effort was put into this w/ all original graphix (which were pretty good drawings) & doing a decent job w/ storyline, & at the most it might appeal to teenagers who are into mythology. It's too EZ for adults & too hard for younger kids even w/ the sparklies. It was a nice concept but I think poorly executed & not likely to appeal to a wide audience.

I think they have their Arabian Nights mixed up as well....wasn't it Scheherazade who had the 1001 nights, not Sinbad? (And that extra D irked me throughout LOL)

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 27, 10 4:22 AM
Taking too long to download.
After reading the comments here, I trust that this game is an embarrasment to BFG's standards. Yes, lately it hasn't been too good.
Not going to bother downloading this.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jan 27, 10 4:44 AM
I agree with all; twinkles, too little objects,etc; but didn't anyone else have letters missing throughout the dialogue? Where's the QC? I wouldn't even let my grandsons (better at hidden object games than I am) play this 'cause they're in Kdg, 2nd & 3rd, the spelling problems would drive them crazy.

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 4:57:45 AM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 27, 10 5:34 AM
I tried this game a while back at another site, and remember that some of the objects were too tiny for me to find. I don't remember sparkles telling me where an object was, that would have helped. Don't think I will even demo this one again.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 27, 10 6:37 AM
I haven't tried this game yet and, based on the comments so far, I am not going to like it! However, I wanted to chime in as someone who agrees the choice of games this past week is really poor. It is the worst week I can remember. Sales must be hurting.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jan 27, 10 6:46 AM
Totally appalled by this game. I won't repeat everything already said, but it was a total waste of my time. I kept with it through the whole demo thinking it would get better. NOT Anyone who hasn't played Green Moon yet should go try that one. I am totally enjoying it. Please give us more good HOGs BFG.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jan 27, 10 6:48 AM
My game came up in super triangles... weirdest thing I ever saw..... Looking for stuff when everything is all skewed is hopeless... After seeing ev1 comments I will be deleting this game.

tra..........
huggzz

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jan 27, 10 7:14 AM
I have made posts in the past about my pet peeve--the inability to turn off those auto-hints in games like Unwell Mel, Mary Ann, Fishdom, Liong, and others. I want to be left alone to go at my own pace and to get help only when I ask for it. This game takes my complaint to a whole new level. Nomatt was exactly right when he/she said "Why not just include a Game Over, Well Done button at the bottom of each screen."

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 27, 10 7:25 AM
If you don't click on the item that is sparkling, it will continue to show that item. Just let it - and find everything else on the list. That way you get to find the items instead of chasing the sparkle around the screen.

Julie S.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 27, 10 7:37 AM
Glad i checked first before i downloaded this game, will give it a miss.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Jan 27, 10 8:09 AM
I deleted it after 10 minutes.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 27, 10 8:24 AM
I'll pass on this one. Totally annoying. Deleted after a few minutes.

emmydbd
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by emmydbd on Jan 27, 10 10:14 AM
Twinkles aside - does this game come with a magnifying glass?

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 27, 10 10:31 AM
I have to agree with the opinion that this game is a lot less than it could be. I felt like it really wasn't worth playing. Small Objects - they must think we have eagle eyes. Sparkles - with hardly any time to find what you are looking for. I didn't even finish the demo. That is too bad because at first I thought it would be a good game. I have to add a hardy

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 27, 10 10:42 AM
I love this game. As noted above, twinkles can be turned off. It's a challenge to play and great story.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 27, 10 11:00 AM
Thank you all for sparing me the hassle of downloading/uninstalling.

I also agree with the statements regarding the lack of good games lately.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 27, 10 1:02 PM
It could be a good game but i really hate auto hint. i won't buy this game, it's cool graphic, and some nice scene with riddle but i can't play a game which play by itself!!

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jan 27, 10 1:09 PM
You guys have sure saved me some $$ this month - the Forum is great for reviews and I haven't found anything that has made the grade.

jojoqua
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jojoqua on Jan 27, 10 1:32 PM
As I was downloading 1001 Nights I came to forum to read the reviews ... I deleted the game as soon as it finished downloading ... thank you once again fellow fishies for saving me from wasting my precious time!

Go to: