Game Review & Comments

ryndam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Game Review & Comments

[Post New]by ryndam on Jan 30, 10 12:30 PM
barb1940texas wrote:I remember this game from another site. I had problem with it then and today when I downloaded it again from BF the problems were still there. It downloads fast, but I can't seem to control my mouse. Also I have a real problem with the **** items. Too, too small and even the sparkle wasn't enough. Too fast for my old eyes. I did like the bugs, but that is about all. I have been disappointed with all of the last games this month. Couldn't make The sultan's Labyrinth work at all. BF replied it was the fauth of my computer. That's strange since I managed to buy six games this month and had no problems with any of them. I have a reasonable new computer and a fast one with lots of memory, I should be able to play a little **** game. I too may have to move on if things don't change, too bad since I really love the BF site and the online games. I will be very disappointed if that is the case. I left another site to join this one.

ryndam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ryndam on Jan 30, 10 12:32 PM
I had a problem with the cursor also; couldn't control it. Thought maybe I needed a new battery, but that didn't fix the problem. Didn't like the automatic hints, either.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jan 30, 10 1:28 PM
Not buying this game. Sparkles too early, too many--who wants someone telling you "Now over here..then here....now here..etc"? It is like a constant tutorial, or someone playing over your shoulder.

Graphics: scenes beautiful. Unfortunately, objects either stand out like sore thumb or (mostly) so small you cannot see them. (Didn't actually see any of the gem parts, just searched for the part of picture shown as hint--should have been marked "find this area" rather than find gem parts.)

The bug collection was a nice touch, but markings on containers not always clearly seen.

Disappointed to not like the game, as the overall look of it is good.Three of us played the demo at the same time, on separate computers, and we were all relieved when the demo ended.

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Jan 31, 10 5:54 PM
Overall, the game was disappointing. Way too many automatic hints. There should be a way to turn them oof, and the sparkles got old real quick, too.
Wish I'd never bought it.

helenclare
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by helenclare on Feb 1, 10 6:21 PM
I would really have liked this game as some of the ideas were quite unique. Unfortunately, like many people - the sparkle thing finished it for me. I just don't understand why on earth that was put in. Perhaps after 10mins or so of looking but every few seconds!!! This is supposed to be a HOG so why hide things only to tell you where they are every few seconds. It didn't make sense. I was really disappointed as it was definitely a game I would have bought but I just couldn't stand those dam sparkles. It would be interesting to hear what BF had to say about it.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Feb 2, 10 12:59 AM
This Game is fantastic, beautiful Graphics, calming music, I just loved it! Thank you Big Fish for offering this to us!

The only one thing I didn't like was that the Game ends without letting us go back to the Map area to place the last of our insects into our collection. Otherwise, excellent!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 4, 10 3:47 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It had good clear graphics (much appreciated by my short-sighted eyes, lol ), nice music and an interesting storyline. I also liked having so many different mini-games - that was definitley a bonus, as was the game length.

At one stage, I had to change the cursor as it got all wobbly, but a little while later when I changed it back to the custom one, it was okay

A lot of fishies are commenting on the sparkles. On the whole, I didn't find them obtrusive, or too fast, in fact quite a few times I ended up waiting for it to show, as I was stuck, lol. Mind you, I have played some games where the 'sparkle' was a dirty great glowing circle taking up half my screen - now that is definitely frustrating, lol.

Ciao

Jen.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 6, 10 1:28 PM
I enjoyed playing the demo but will not be buying the game now. The sparkles are too frustrating and take away from the overall challenge of the game. I loved the artwork, the music and the story. In fact I would have definitely purchased this game if it weren't for the sparkles.

[Post New]by mrswonder1 on Feb 10, 10 12:53 AM
This is the worse game I have gotten from BF, I have a very good computer but found words spelled wrong. Some of the words are even missing letters and the sparkle gets on my nerve's, I have brough over 15 games from BF and this is one I wish I had passed on.

[Post New]by Stpaulyboy on Feb 18, 10 4:28 PM
only played it for 5 mins.... once the sparkle took the fun out of the game for me, i quit.... seriously, do i even need to sit here with that sparkle appearing so freakin fast?? my cat could finish this game...

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 19, 10 11:19 AM
So sad, so sad and very confused as to WHY a developer would do such a thing, to a perfectly good game?
Yes, I am talking about the SPARKLE, which shows you all of the answers, before you even get a chance to hunt, hog's are all about the hunt...that is the entire purpose of the game.
I don't even like walkthroughs, I want to figure it out, so this just blew my mind.
I have nothing against sparkles and like someone else suggested, they could of made different difficulty levels, and had the sparkle on the easy level, and than a normal level.
Even trying to rush and find the items as quick as possible, didn't help, I would still catch the sparkle out of the corner of my eye, giving away the answer, so I found it very obtrusive.
With that said, I LOVED everything else about the game, nice graphics, story and I found the gameplay fun and enjoyable, especially finding the gems, by picture only.
I also liked finding and adding the bugs, to my collection, this is always an added bonus in my opinion, and adds to the gameplay.
I am SAD and DISAPOINTED, that the actual game itself, is more like a walkthrough, giving away all of the fun, by showing each and every item with a sparkle.
I just don't get it, better suited for a child, as far as the challenge part goes, because there is none.
I would have purchased this game in a heartbeat, without the sparkles, the rest was done very well :-(

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 26, 10 8:07 PM
This game has boring long comic, silly story lines and poor graphics, the plot was juvenile in nature and so were the tasks, I didn't find the demo fun and I deleted in the first 10 minutes

Easttboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Easttboy on May 16, 10 5:27 PM
I actually liked it. I'm not a pro at HOGs yet... But I do have to agree that the sparkles were annoying. Even for me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 7, 10 12:24 PM
Played the demo ages ago. After reading all your comments, and remembering nice graphics, I bought the game. Started from the very beginning (my previous game was saved) and I LIKE IT !! This sparkles business doesn't bother me at all, in fact I seldom see them, may be because I'm a great and fast player !! In fact I would call me a slow player, so it makes me feel quite intelligent finding objects without the help of the sparkles which seldom have time to show.... So I won't make a great fuss about these sparkles which seem to annoy so many people, nice, relaxing game, I love it. Back to my bugs, hoping I'm not the only one to enjoy it.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jul 9, 10 11:41 AM
I bought this game during the July 4th sale and just finished it.

I tried the demo of this game when it came out and enjoyed it. The twinkling, as others have mentioned was slightly bothersome to me but I just try to ignore it and maybe its because my eyesight isn't too great, but sometimes I would think, "Did I see a twinkle over there somewhere? Oh well...." In other words it didn't give it all away for me. That said, I think it could be nice if we players had the option to turn them off or on at our own discretion.

The theming, the bug collection and the music all appealed to me and I would think back to this game often so when this last sale rolled around I decided to buy it.

I found the entire game to be enjoyable. There was one puzzle near the end that I found unique, more challenging and very fun. I wish I knew a game with more of that puzzle type. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows of a game that includes that type, please PM me. I don't want to give it away here.

I was let down by not being able to place the last of the bugs in the collection at the end of the game. I could have gone back to the bridge scene in the middle of the action if I'd only known the game would not take me back there at the very end so I missed out on that satisfaction.

Sure, it isn't the most dazzling or difficult game ever but it somehow tickled my fancy. I liked it.

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jul 14, 10 1:56 PM
Just finished game,I liked it,it ran with no prob. at all,did`nt pay any attention to flashes,just took my time and enjoyed game.SIT BACK AND RELAX, Happy gaming

mcts369
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mcts369 on Dec 2, 10 11:38 PM
1001 night is great. i love the stroy. BYW, i found another website which has many good flash games too. http://game.pcwatch.com

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 11, 11 2:24 PM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Have to add my general agreement here; the sparkles are pretty much a deal breaker for me even though I liked the game otherwise. I just got too nervous trying to beat them lol.

Generally though, it was pretty which is of prime importance to me and I loved the music and found the story pretty nice. Btw the bit of the music that I heard on the clip (guess I haven't gone far enough in the demo to hear it in the game itself) was the same as that in another game I played lately. I think it was a Match 3, anyone else notice it?

Anyway kill them dratted sparkles and you have a nice one here!

I just ignored the sparkles but the biggest complaint I have is that one's progress does not save - unless you can do the whole game in one sitting you will start again once you re-enter
not good - and I did get the game - overall [except for the sparkles] liked the game but the no save feature makes me regret my purchase

[Post New]by mychowchow on Feb 12, 11 1:03 AM
VERY BAD GAME!!!!!! SORRY I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by kljkjgjkfkjgjfh on Feb 24, 11 4:09 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 9:26:13 AM PST

Go to: