Re:Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 29, 10 1:37 PM
JeanannK wrote:I can't get the second flower stuffed into the machine which combines the two. I like that people say that this is an easy game. Would someone tell me how to get that second flower into the machine?

JeanannK, there are 2 "glass bells" with a coil in between. You put one flower (so long as it has the black molecules) on the left of the coil, and one on the right of the coil "under" the glass bells.

Hope this helps. look here for the BF screenshot
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7245/fiona-finch-and-the-finest-flowers/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

This game took me well over 45 minutes PER garden, the last one about an hour. That's not counting the freeplay garden. You don't get this kind of quality, and length very often. (my opinion) lol!

Edited on 01/29/2010 at 1:37:47 PM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 29, 10 6:37 PM
I am torn with this game.

On the one hand I really love this game, it is the sort of thing I would go for, but as there is a lot to do my poor wrist can not manage it.

I think that I will have to give it a miss just because I can not cope with the pain.

All in all though a great game, I like the baking element and the cross-breeding element too, adds something a little different.

Only thing I would grumble about is sometimes things get a little overwhelming, you are torn in three different directions.

Nice game though and definitely keeps you on your toes.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 29, 10 10:07 PM
Rainbow, there's no timer in the game, so you can take your time and get it done. Later in the game, there are sprinklers that majorly help with the feeding and the bugs. I guess its one reason I love this one so much, no timers per se. Sorry for your wrist pain, I know the feeling. :|

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 29, 10 10:11 PM
I love this game! Although the story is sweet and sort of "sappy", I did enjoy it... but the story is such a small part of the game that it isn't really a big deal even if you don't like it. LOL

The gardening part definitely is a challenge, but you don't have to trim every plant or even fill the orders. If you find yourself overwhelmed, leave the trimming and the orders until you catch up. Yes, it will mean the money comes in more slowly, but one of the truly nice things about this game is that it isn't timed. So you can "play" as well as "work". Once you accept an order, there is a timer to it, but if you don't finish, there is no penalty other than the loss of that income. So not a biggie unless you make it one.

I have finished the story mode and now I can go and play the free play mode. I'm looking forward to that. The story mode is replayable if you want. It's more like a long tutorial that leads to free play mode, since it gradually introduces you to all machines and aspects of the game. Free play allows you to fill orders and try to get the various trophies.

All-in-all, this is a game that I will get a lot of mileage out of. And, yes, it is sort of a combination Ranch Rush and Plant Tycoon... sort of. If you enjoyed those, you will most likely enjoy this one too.

Weeds on Garden 2

[Post New]by Starfire27 on Feb 7, 10 7:01 PM
Maybe I'm a dope, but I'm having a very hard time finding the weeds to dig up in Garden 2. I dig them all at the beginning, then I get the red disc that says I have to dig more but for the life of me I can't find enough to make it go away, just one or two at a time.I thought maybe I was putting my beehives, etc. on top of them but I've moved them all over the place and I still can't find enough to dig. Does anyone have any hints on this? Thanks.

[Post New]by Lajos_1morebee on Feb 9, 10 1:39 AM
When you move your mouse cursor over a weed, it will be highlighted. I think on this level you have some weeds around the palm trees, and a little bit hard to notice there. You don't have to find all of the weeds, in the 2nd garden 6 weeds are allowed, and you can see the red sign only if you have more than 6 weeds.

I suggest you move your mouse cursor carefully around the palm trees, and when the weed is highlighted and the mouse icon changed from the normal arrow to the 'weeding out' picture, there is the weed.

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 1:40:38 AM PST

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Feb 9, 10 6:22 AM
I fully agree with Indigo Ladybug. This game is a winner all the way around. Graphics are gorgeous, it's nice not having a time limit on accomplishing tasks, and I finally have found a game where I can win all the trophies. Yes, that last little item may not seem like much, but there have been so many games where I just can't accomplish all of the tasks set forth.

Another really great thing is the repeat factor -- after you're done with the game, it's fun just to replay it because the tasks all vary.

[Post New]by morenaza14 on Feb 19, 10 7:45 PM
I can't seem to get this game installed on my PC. I played the trial just fine, until I decided to buy... now It won't install. what's going on... and yes, I tried all the self-help hints. I can't believe I paid for a game a week ago, and I still can't play it!!!

[Post New]by Lajos_1morebee on Feb 20, 10 4:48 AM
Please report this problem to BFG's Customer Support. (On the right side of this screen, the green envelope.) I am sure they can help you to solve this problem.

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Feb 23, 10 12:55 PM
I also agree with Indigo ladybug. I have been crying over no Farm Craft 2 yet, I just happened to see Fiona Finch and read ladybugs review. I figured it was worth a few minutes..............well, my hour was gone before I knew it and I bought it right away!!!

I have been in a trance ever since!!! I now have only the final free gardening spot to do before I have all medals!!

LOVE the breeding flowers, LOVE the perfume maker, LOVE the upgrades for the sprinklers, ALL of it is great. It's even fun pulling weeds!!!

Money well spent...............I hope there is a second one, maybe add tomatoes or carrots for health drink maker?? ok........maybe that's silly

Re:Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers

[Post New]by countryhills on May 27, 10 3:42 PM
indigo_ladybug wrote:WOW!

This game is stunning. Polished, smooth, realistic and simply gorgeous. I'm an avid gardener myself, and also a fan to TM games so this one is right up my alley. I'd decided 10 minutes in the game, its a buy.

You get to cross breed different flowers, plant beautifully drawn plants, weed (ugh), water, make cookies (and other goodies), destroy pests (again ugh lol) and from what I see in the store, there is PLENTY more to come. You get to fill orders for customers, some wanting honey, pruned or unpruned items, gingerbread men... What more can one ask.

The graphics are smooth, the voice over is, a little long, but you can skip it if need be, so far the story is a little all over the map (as I am so hey!) and I can't wait to finish it. I'm not even going to take a guess at how long this game is, because, tho the rounds of the competition themselves have no time limits, the customer orders do. (and you can pretty much keep the round going indefinitely so long as you don't fulfill all the requirements

One thing I really liked was the right clicking to cancel a selection.

This one is a winner, and if all the games at BF were this well thought out, and polished, (its the only word that comes to mind), then all the other game sites would out of business.

10/10 on this one.
10 for the graphics
10 for the music
10 for the realism
10 for the challenges (and another 10 for the ones apparently to come).

Try it, I'm 99.9% sure you'll like it! Just... awesome. Now if this darn snow can go away, I can go play in MY garden!
Cyn

It took 1 hour to do the first 2 gardens,

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 12, 10 7:21 PM
What a beautiful game! I have to admit it was a little overwhelming at first, you are doing so many things at once. I was going nuts with all the pressure to prune but then I decided in my rows of flowers, I would only prune the top and bottom squares to give myself a little relief and also to provide unpruned flowers for those who wanted them. It also has helped to lay out my flowers the same way they are in the seed catalog.

My only complaint is that I don't like that I have to keep replanting the same flowers. It seems like an extra task to do when I am already so busy.

Graphics are beautiful, as is the beginning narrative story. I love that we can cross breed the flowers and I cannot even wait to play relaxed garden mode. I think this is a game I will come back to time and again. Lovely game and a definite purchase for me.

[Post New]by PotionLover on Apr 13, 11 3:20 PM
This is a truly beautiful game that you can (and will want) to take your time over, and relax in much as you would your own garden. I am an avid gardener and this game truly reflects what gardening is like (not that I have such a productive, pretty, or organized garden, I wish!). The graphics are stunning and there are so many things to love:

* No timer, even if you fail to fill an order or care for a plant in time, it's no biggie -- you just make money more slowly, and you can always re-plant another seed.

* The variety of tasks you can do and products you can make keep it constantly interesting; I personally love making the jam cakes and perfumes, and selling the honey and gingerbread...and again, you can take your time and really enjoy this part

* The story is sweet, the settings are amazing, the music and graphics are great...The free gardening option offers hours and hours of extra playtime

Some tips:

* I found it enormously helpful to have two of certain items: the jam boilers, the ovens, and the beehives. Once orders start coming in it's super easy to keep up if you have jam constantly ready...also make sure to keep putting grapes in the food dryer when they ripen. I found the juice maker and flower wrapper didn't get much use so only one of them was necessary.

* Take your time and do not stress out. I play some fast-paced, crazy TM games like Cooking Dash but Fiona is a relaxing change of pace -- it's not meant to be played like those others.

* Start by selling your flowers as quickly as you can, then, once you have some money buy the basic care items: pesticide, sprinklers, plant food, and watering can. The first additional product you should buy is a beehive, and start selling honey. Then buy a flower wrapper and wrap some pruned flowers -- these will sell for more money and let you rack up bucks to buy your next items which should be :apricot tree, blackberry bush, jam boilers, ovens.

* You can try cross breeding on your own, or simply wait to get the recipes when you fill certain orders. It's fun to try but don't get frustrated, eventually you will get all the recipes.

Relax and enjoy it!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jun 12, 11 10:53 PM
I enjoyed my 1 hour demo but didn't purchase as it's too much of a click-spam game for me.

This game is gorgeous. It's really beautiful, it runs well, instructions/tutorial are very clear. It continues to repeat certain tips until you choose to turn them off individually which is great for new players. Anyone that enjoys harvesting/selling games will love this. Cross-breeding new flowers is easy to manage. The interface is a delight.

If I had a spare credit and hadn't already bought a gazillion games this month, I would consider it but it's really not my style of game. If you could set your own prices and inventory control it would be more my thing. For what it is though, it's excellent. Top-notch planting/selling game. Recommend people at least try it.

Aamaretto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aamaretto on Jul 24, 11 8:11 PM
I was poking around the Time Management games, looking for something new to spend a game credit on (since the TM fare lately has been quite unimpressive), and I stumbled on this gem. I love this game!

My first thought was that this was going to be very similar to my favorite BFG so far, My Farm Life, and it is in a way. The major difference is that although you can queue up your actions in advance, there's more thinking and planning involved. I enjoy balancing the "gotta get it done!" aspect with (albeit simple) strategy I must plan in advance.

The story is adorable, the graphics are very attractive, and there are a lot of different aspects to the game. Cross-pollinating the flowers is a simple, but endearing mini-game, where I get to experiment and see what comes out. The orders, which are entirely optional, fulfill my "gotta get it done quick!' drive, without giving penalty for failing (except for disappointment in myself!).

I really hope the developer is making a second, LONGER, one of these. I played for several hours today and I'm already finished with the fourth of seven gardens. I got started on "free play" as well, and it adds some more goals, so the game won't end when I'm done with #7 ... It just seems too short.

That's my only complaint!

[Post New]by MrsLadybug on Jun 14, 12 1:46 PM
Loved this game! So relaxing. I don't have a real garden but this makes me have one without all the digging in the yard. It is so less stressful than other TM games and I like that.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 10, 12 6:36 AM
If you are a beginner or just not that fast this is the perfect TM game for you. It’s not one of those games that kick you out of a level because you don’t make a certain time as there is no timed levels.

The time aspect comes with feeding, watering plants as well as the few customer requests that come in but I sometimes ignored the requests and didn’t get penalised if I did that or didn’t manage to complete a order, and if a plant dies just replant a new one!

The level ends when you reach the goals in a level; money and a certain number of plants some which you have to make by crossbreeding in each level. Also when you reach certain monetary goals new things open up for you to buy or upgrade.

This isn’t just about flowers although that part is fun as well as crossbreeding them, but you grow grapes, apricot tree, blackberry bushes which you can make juice, cakes and jams from, as well as having honey and making gingerbread. There is also a perfume maker, a flower wrapping machine for your flowers.

There is a story book mode which has 7 levels (different gardens) and I love that after you have completed your level goal you can go back in to each garden and it becomes a sandbox mode but your money doesn’t carry over into other levels.
The story is simple but nice and gives it a good link between gardens/levels.

Just when I thought the game was over I discovered ‘the free gardening’ mode. This isn’t just a sandbox mode as there are goals and awards through the 7 different levels in this area, as well as the storybook levels. The only difference between the two areas is that all upgrades and tools are available to you if you earn enough money to buy them. There are awards throughout the game and to get them all you have to play the ‘free gardening’ mode.

The one thing I missed or couldn’t figure out if I can do it was to move an item or cancel a patch of soil if I put it in the wrong place.

I loved the graphics, the added dimension of the food as well as the flowers, and no timed levels so I can actually finish a TM game! So for those of you that are new, or just want a very relaxing laid back game this is for you. I gave it 3/5 for hardness as if I can finish it anybody can and with a good tutorial you aren’t lost as to what to do.

[Post New]by MrsWatermelon on Mar 31, 13 4:10 PM
I like this game, the crossing of the flowers adds an interesting dimension. I like the graphics and the style.

However...
- 7 levels definitely isn't enough, nor is 14 if you include free gardening. TM games should have around 50 levels to give you value for money.
- Upgrades aren't available soon enough, it drove me nuts waiting for the multi purpose sprinkler.
- I would have liked the option to zoom out and see my whole garden rather than scrolling around all the time.

[Post New]by Karess8 on Jan 19, 14 9:49 AM
Lajos_1morebee wrote:When you move your mouse cursor over a weed, it will be highlighted. I think on this level you have some weeds around the palm trees, and a little bit hard to notice there. You don't have to find all of the weeds, in the 2nd garden 6 weeds are allowed, and you can see the red sign only if you have more than 6 weeds.

I suggest you move your mouse cursor carefully around the palm trees, and when the weed is highlighted and the mouse icon changed from the normal arrow to the 'weeding out' picture, there is the weed.

[Post New]by Karess8 on Jan 19, 14 9:52 AM
Karess8 wrote:
Lajos_1morebee wrote:When you move your mouse cursor over a weed, it will be highlighted. I think on this level you have some weeds around the palm trees, and a little bit hard to notice there. You don't have to find all of the weeds, in the 2nd garden 6 weeds are allowed, and you can see the red sign only if you have more than 6 weeds.

THIS ISN'T WORKING FOR ME. I have this problem on Level 5. I've restarted 4 times now. Get all the requirements for the level done AND pick all the weeds, but still have the "can't have more than three weeds" message or "Just pick more weeds and you're done." I have checked and clicked around every edge and machine and tree. There are no more weeds, yet I can't progress. Next, I suppose I should try re-installing the game, but this is frustrating. Any other suggestions?

Go to: