IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile forum

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 23, 09 10:27 PM
This is absolutely the worst hidden object game I have ever attempted to play Eleven objects turn out to be nineteen objects plus more. The graphics are so poor that you can't identify an object. Not enough hints to offset the frustration with this one. Don't buy this one!!!!!!!!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 23, 09 11:44 PM
But....but....it's Agatha Christie!!! I love Death on the Nile as much as I loved Peril at End House & am waiting for to get Dead Man's Folly & hoping the next AC HOG is The Mysterious Affair at Styles. I think the graphix are beautifully done in all of them & since it's been yrs since I read the books, it's fun to see if I can recollect who the murderer might be & solve the crime. Even the suspect cards are gorgeous.

I don't mind smaller HOs when they're as nicely rendered as these games; it's not like they've been scrunched & gone all grainy. It's more challenging that way (like in the Hidden Mysteries games). 10 marbles in a jar is my idea of fun I don't want to be clickety-click-done with a scene/room. And I have a relatively small flatscreen monitor as I didn't want the size of a TV on my desk, so they're way smaller for me @ 15". All you have to do is scan thoroughly.

And I disagree, but there is replay value as I've replayed DOTN & PAEH several times. There are more than enough HOs to hurl out a totally different list. Did you know if you assess the scene & then rapid-fire-click on at least 3 HOs in a row it generates an extra hint? The 1st 2 came with 5 which was generous enough, but DMF only comes with 3 & that's how you earn more. I'd rather do that to get an extra hint if I need it rather than play a stupid pipes game any day of the wk.

Different games appeal to different folks, I reckon....what others hate I seem to enjoy.

PS> Martha, find the green envelope on any pg & email customer service for an installation issue BTW. I run Vista & I always set my games to run in compatibility mode for xp & rarely have a problem.

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 11:47:12 PM PST

puzzler77
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler77 on Nov 16, 09 7:52 PM
Hey AC fans and BFG Staff...saw a new game called "Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly" so hope it will be released for new game here on BFG soon???????? I played all AC games so far and love em so looking forward to new game.

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 7:53:47 PM PST

[Post New]by havasugma on Nov 30, 09 12:42 PM
copelaj wrote:I've just bought Death on the Nile - not realising it wasn't the same type games as "Then There were None", "Evil Under the Sun" and "Murder on the Orient Express" - but it keeps freezing my computer! I get through to different levels each time but when I click on one of the hidden items it just freezes up. The clock stops and my computer crashes and restarts.

Any one else had the same problem?

I hope they do bring out more AC games.

[/quoteyes I have. It keeps doing the same thing to me. But I dont know how to fix it]

[Post New]by Sherwall on Mar 12, 10 11:47 AM
Hi - I'm new to the forums, but an enthusiastic **** player. I'm having trouble with the game freezing up (sorta) and see that others have had problems, too. In Jackie's room - got all the objects, have plenty of time, hints - but nothing will change the indicator that there is one more object to find. (All objects are crossed out as if found.) This is my 3rd or 4th visit to this room with no previous trouble. Any ideas?
Later....ok just figured it out. Had to let the time run out which meant I had to start that particular investigation over - but it worked and I finished the game.
Like this level of play but would like more interesting side games - these seem rather lame.

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 5:34:42 PM PST

[Post New]by Sherrie55 on Apr 29, 10 7:18 AM
Hi, I am new to the forums. I cannot find all the crystal vases, there are about 10, have 4 left that seem to be hidden, plus the jade is very difficult to find. Love the game, but the time limit is not enough, I have been on the first phases about 6 times. LOLL Enjoy. Sherie

char73
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by char73 on Jun 2, 10 1:37 PM
I just started this game. how do you get the matches in the square for the tea set

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 5, 10 6:20 AM
This game is the 1st game I bought at . I was looking for this game, thinking it was an adventure game and found and all the games here. I thought, do I take a chance and sign up for 12 months to get the 6.99 price (old system), would I really buy that many games? Oh yeah, I most certainly did, and many, many more than that

This game though I never finished. If you love challenging HOG's, small objects and a timer, then this is for you! I had to play scenes over and over and finally gave up. It was simply too hard for me, especially since I had never played a HOG game before. I love Agatha Christie, I have read most of her books and played all the adventure games, but this is one tough HOG game!

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 6:21:26 AM PST

Shameh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Shameh on Jun 5, 10 9:12 AM
Great Game! It was lengthy, had good puzzles to solve, great interaction and was alot of fun. I bought it w/my punch card and it was well worth it!

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jun 5, 10 3:08 PM
Shameh, why would you buy it with your punch card credit when it's $2.99 as the daily deal??? I save my punch cards for $6.99 games......

[Post New]by loveho on Jun 15, 10 8:08 AM
HELP PLEASE!! In the doctor's room I am looking for "Heal." I can't find it anywhere and I've run out of clues.

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Jul 2, 10 1:33 AM
It's in the wood floor near the bottom left.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 2, 10 2:06 AM
Agatha's "Death On The Nile" is enjoyable (but at times frustrating). The graphics are beautiful, the background sound is not irritating, and the clue system and character interaction (static) are well done. That said, some of the hidden-object scenes need a magnifying-glass, and several, while showing "10" items, actually make you hunt down maybe 20 things (for example, one item might actually be "12 pieces of a torn photo"). And you're up against the clock (no untimed mode in this one). I've played "Nile" twice now, it's still fun, but I still get panicky watching the clock tick down while I'm trying to find those torn-photo scraps. Highly recommend the latest installment, "4:50 From Paddington"--an untimed mode for those of us who like to relax while playing hidden-object games.

[Post New]by happystitcher on Jul 2, 10 11:53 AM
My game keeps freezing after the introduction. I run it on a MacBook 10.5.8. Any suggestions?

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Jul 13, 10 9:53 AM
I bought this game and really enjoyed it but i had to replay levels a lot because of the time limit...

Zmija6
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Zmija6 on Jul 18, 10 10:31 AM
This is a interesting game.The good thing is that it isn't boring at all.I downloaded the demo version about two years ago and I remember having a great time playing.
I might purchase the full version aswell.

crash at level 10

[Post New]by acornbutter on Aug 1, 10 10:27 AM
I am playing on a mac, and can't get past level 10-the pocket watch comes up but doesn't load the next level completely. The game crashes and you have to start level 10 again.

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Aug 15, 10 8:43 AM
This was my first ever hidden object game and it got me hooked! I really loved it, probably because I enjoy Agatha Christie but never the less it opened me up to a new genre of games to play. I found it enjoyable having the timer, but now I've gotten lazy and if the games let you do it untimed, I usually take the timer off. I would definitely recommend this game as it lasts for ages.

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 8:44:26 AM PST

[Post New]by ranchbug on Sep 8, 10 8:52 AM
Is there anyone out there that might help me arrange the rosary beads, I am stumped!

Thanks

[Post New]by whatsamattau on Sep 21, 10 9:28 AM
Hi,

I've read all the "ducks in a row" posts. I can only grab the "3" duck, the other two I can't even pick up. So I thought maybe i have put 3 where he belongs first. I think I have put him everywhere on the screen and they are all "not correct". I've tried everywhere on the bar, in front of the bar, everywhere on both table, areas on the floor, on the shelves behind the bar and even on things on the bar. I'm at a total loss. Any ideas? Thanks.

Go to: