Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Sarah Maribu and the Lost World comments and reviews

[Post New]by Sante001 on Feb 4, 10 12:28 PM
Game get my approval.

Why?

First, this is the first game I played in sometime where the HOs are pictures rather then words. The pictures on this list are true to the pictures in the scenes.

Secondly, the graphics are great. They are sharp and almost appear to be in 3D. Nice catch by the developers since a lot of movies are coming out in 3D. While some folks in the pond don't care much for the moving characters, I believe that these add nicely to the scenes and were not distractions for me.

Third, the interaction opportunities and the directions with them when you click on a location are the best I've seen in a while. You get just enough directions to know what to do next, without spoiling the show.

Finally, a really liked this game because it was not too difficult or too hard. Thus, providing me the opportunity to "finally" relax when working through a HOG. Also, I believe this game will have at least 4-5 hours of play time, depending on the player. I don't know if the objects change if you replay under another game.

With my approval, this game aslo gets my game credit!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Feb 4, 10 12:45 PM
The graphics in this game were wonderful and I loved the animations on each level.

But the whole thing was really easy for me. Based on the map, I got almost halfway with 20 mins still left in the demo so I wouldn't get a whole lot of gameplay out of this one.

This is a really simple HOG but the spectacular graphics are almost worth the money alone. If you are looking for something that isn't too taxing, but that looks amazing, then this game is for you.

[Post New]by sharoyn2002 on Feb 4, 10 1:17 PM
DELLS148 wrote:[b]I liked the game but to me it just wasn't challening enough was way to easy for me. won't be buying this one.

I wish I hadn't waisted my money. No logic. She said she needed some water and something to defend herself with and that was the end of that. I just expected more. I love HOG'S but this one sucked. Finished it in about 3 hrs.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Feb 4, 10 1:31 PM
I thought this game was too childish. I didn't like the lack of story and action. It was all HOG and no game play. I might buy it when it goes on sale.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 4, 10 2:51 PM
Hi folks!

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread to make it easy to find. Thanks to all of you for your great reviews!

Remember, if you're posting solutions or posting anything that might reveal part of the storyline for somebody who hasn't played yet, be sure to post a big ol' spoiler tag at the top as a warning.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 4, 10 3:24 PM
bfgCelebes wrote:Hi folks!

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread to make it easy to find. Thanks to all of you for your great reviews!

Remember, if you're posting solutions or posting anything that might reveal part of the storyline for somebody who hasn't played yet, be sure to post a big ol' spoiler tag at the top as a warning.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~
Cheers to you.!!!

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Feb 4, 10 3:35 PM
DH and I are really enjoying playing this game together. I play games alot, him not so much. We are finding it to be light and joyful entertainment at a great price. Thanks Big Fish !

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Feb 4, 10 3:58 PM
Hey BF can we have some decent games please? Like the second Sherlock Holmes? You're putting out kids games.......thinking of cancelling........

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 4, 10 5:43 PM
Greetings Fishies, is it me or are the games getting to be way too easy and very tedious. Sara Maribu is so so, not much of a challenge. Graphics are good but I found the music very irrritating after a time and the puzzles were way too simple. Maybe we are getting too good at this. I miss games that kept me on my toes and caused me many sleepless nights. Perhaps if they had put a timer mode on this game, it would have been better. I started with simple HOG two years ago and now I find Adventure games much more satisfying. I miss the old games like Treasure Masters, Treasure of Mystery Island, Magic Encyclopedia, all the Hidden Expeditions. Even the first Sprill had some very difficult mini games. I realise that MCFs are limited, but what about the games like Nightshift codes, Alabama Smiths, Dream CHronicles and many more from previous years. '009 was a good year for Games but to be honest, 2010 did not start off with a bang. I'm finding it harder to spend $6.99 on games lately. Hoping things will improve soon.

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Feb 4, 10 6:10 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I like this game! The gameplay is simple: You need to find the clues via pictures, very nice idea. The game is also very colourfull and from the same people as "Steve the Sheriff" ( I really like this game!). And it has 25 chapter, so maybe 4-5 hours gameplay for me. I will use my free gamecoupon for it!

We love this game, and thanks for mentioning that it's by the Steve the Sheriff people. We really like the Steve games,,,and now this one too. People are complaining right and left about the games coming out. Bah humbug.. Try creating one of these games yourself and see how far you get. BF is a good club. I've bought some real bummers, but so what? out of our 120 + games, we like most of them. and by the way,,,, it's only the price of a bottle of beer or a pack of smokes.... of which WE'VE quit some time back..

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Feb 4, 10 6:43 PM
LOVE THIS GAME! Thank you BigFish.

Love the graphics, music, it's nice and bright, lots of stuff to look for and not all of it is easy, love the bees/flies going in and out and I love the dinosaurs!
Will be a lengthy game which is also great.
Did I miss anything??..Fun and relaxing. Don't always like to jump through hoops.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Feb 4, 10 7:03 PM
hi fishys, i agree to a easer game now and then, we are not all fast gamers, it can take me days, on and off. to do the games, loved dire grove and the echoes of stone castle, ect but good to go off now and then, still trying this game on its hour, . reminds me a bit of samatha swift,
love all the games, and you can barly buy a coffee these days for the price,
keep it up big fish, you make my day when i check in every night at 6.30 pm to see whats on offer,
thats cause im in a land down under.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 4, 10 7:09 PM
I happen to like this one! I love the colors, the graphics are awesome. I love taking time just to look at the scenes. As for the puzzles, I happen to like them a little less challenging from time to time, so this suits. Love all the animation. Not at all concerned about the story line, that doesn't always "make the game" as far as I am concerned. If it's fun, relaxing and enjoyable, that is what counts in my book. I don't think this is strictly a childs game to be honest. When my credit comes around in a few days, I will be buying this one. I think it will be great fun.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 4, 10 8:19 PM
As soon as I started playing this, I knew I'd come in here after to the gnashing of teeth & the crying of carp from some folks! DOES offer kids' games & this would be a great one from about gr 3 on up. It's esp good for 3rd gr b/c that (in US curriculum) is when they begin learning social studies & one of the 1st things they start w/ is the Amazon rainforest, which this def has a feel for. It's also great for that age grp b/c there's hardly any reading req save for a few cut scenes & some IHOG instructtions; all the HOs are pictures so they don't need to inquire what's that unless they want to. Lots of clear direction for a younger age grp as well. Hints reloaded very fast & there was no drumming fingernails waiting for cursor to unfreeze for random clicking; it just looped for a few secs. Hubby disappearing was not done in any sort of upsetting way & Wifey keeps smiling like she's having a blast looking for him LOL It's your basic no storyline really needed "quest" game (looking for Michael). Colors & music are bright & bouncy, full of lots of interesting animals etc. Devs did a great job on graphix so kudos to the effort of producing a quality game.

This would also be a fun introduction to an older gamer who's never done a HOG or IHOG b4 b/c of the very explicit directions & the relative ease of finding HOs. I thought it was cute & very well done. It is, however, pretty simple for experienced HOGgers (hence the above complaints). I'm sure some adults will buy just to have a game they can easily whup LOL

Edited on 02/04/2010 at 8:21:09 PM PST

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Feb 4, 10 10:27 PM
I really haven't made up my mind yet. In some ways its to easy but kinda like it for a change..some of the others are too hard...wish there was one in between. Maybe they are trying to get the games out to fast and not enough quality. I might buy it...definitely would at 2.99.

[Post New]by Morefish on Feb 5, 10 12:59 PM
nice & positive

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 5, 10 6:15 PM
I enjoyed the trial of this one. Yes, it's on the easy side, even for me, but I like the pictures of the items to look for, which you don't see too often, and the graphics are very good. I also like the interactive parts of the game. It appears to have a decent length to it, as well. I'm putting it on my "to buy" list.

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Feb 5, 10 9:14 PM
I am experienced HOGer and thought this game was fun. It is a little on the short side, but not much frustration. The graphics were great even though some objects were smaller still findable. Some of the other more in depth games should take lessons from this. I think sometimes they make objects so small to slow down game play lol and make you feel like you are getting moneys worth and make up for games other short comings.

I like the dinos and it is a great all ages game. Love the interactive stuff, did remind me of Samantha Smith in lots of ways.The puzzles made sense to the game too.

One thing that was a good change was that even though there were pictures of objects, the orientation of the objects was usually different for a small challenge.

My 70 year old mother had a ball playing it today as did I.

Poco

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 5, 10 11:14 PM

VERY surprised to see so many negative comments about this delightful game. I loved it, personally. Yep, 'tis true the mini-games were pretty darn easy, but at least they varied. The inventory puzzles made you think, tho, and I was stumped at one point. LOVED LOVED LOVED the graphics and all the animation, like the T-Rex getting closed each time he moved by. Another BIG plus for me was NO SCENE WAS REPEATED! This is rare for HOGS and to a lesser extent IHOGs. I'm quite sure I got over 3 hours of play out of it, rarely using hints, granted, but I am by no means a child nor a beginner.

Mild complaints - the music was a bit inane and repetitive. I would have opted for something more tribal or mysterious than tropical steel band feeling. ...and yes, I am a story lover and there's very little here. Seemed like there was going to be but it never manifested. We never heard about her grandfather (was it?) or why there were dinosaurs or anything of the like, just basically took a tour of the island in search of the boy friend.

But at the end of the day I thought this was a very pleasing game well worth my time and money (although this was my punch card freebie ) Poodlebear Approved!

Millie121
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Millie121 on Feb 6, 10 5:07 PM
QElll,
I agree with you. I didn't like to see the dinasour tied up either. I felt sorry for him. I know it wasn't real but like you said, for the love of animals, didn't like it...

Go to: