Re:New version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 7, 10 1:20 PM
hollyd39 wrote:I was having trouble with the spider glitch. I uninstalled and re-installed the game as directed, but now my electrical room is completely blacked out.

you actually need to turn on the lights in that room. there is a flashing switch that needs to be activated.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Feb 7, 10 1:30 PM
hollyd39 wrote:I was having trouble with the spider glitch. I uninstalled and re-installed the game as directed, but now my electrical room is completely blacked out.

same thing here. I am running on vista.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Feb 7, 10 2:06 PM
I reinstalled game after spider web glitch and electrical room is now completely black.

Someone mentioned a flashing switch to activate the lights, but I cannot see that anywhere. Can someone help please?

shariann
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shariann on Feb 7, 10 2:27 PM
I CAN't find axe

[Post New]by hollyd39 on Feb 7, 10 2:38 PM
casualcraze wrote:

you actually need to turn on the lights in that room. there is a flashing switch that needs to be activated.

No flashing switch that I can see - is it in that room or outside that room somewhere?

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Feb 7, 10 2:46 PM
I think, may be wrong, the flashing switch came before the spider web problem.
The electrical room for me, after the fix update, is completely black.

churly72
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by churly72 on Feb 7, 10 3:03 PM
i have no problems at all with this game, i liked it very much, great game!

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Feb 7, 10 3:28 PM
tried the fix using the game manager and still the same problem (mine would not let me grab the backpack in the tree hole) so i uninstalled and reinstalled. so far so good. It also fixed the save problem so far for me. Sometimes things like this happen and BIG FISH still rocks.

bobbyjus2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyjus2 on Feb 7, 10 4:52 PM
Does it have problems moving objects to where you need them?

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Feb 7, 10 5:35 PM
hollyd39 wrote:
casualcraze wrote:

No flashing switch that I can see - is it in that room or outside that room somewhere?

Can anyone tell me where this flashing switch is? I cannot find it!

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Feb 7, 10 6:45 PM
r3t1r3d wrote:I think, may be wrong, the flashing switch came before the spider web problem.

I'm not sure what's going on. After my first directon to get candles in the electrical room, I was able to see the sparkling electric box and then had a certain amount of time (I surmised) to look for the candles before the lights went out again. Then, I had to exit the game and came back and have the same situation as above (quoted) where the electrical room is completely black and I am unable to access the sparkles. Am I doing something wrong?

Blessings

[Post New]by acbjrb44 on Feb 7, 10 6:57 PM
not only did i have to un install then instal but I had to start the game over again with a diffrent profile. so far a okay.

[Post New]by abbycat621 on Feb 7, 10 8:18 PM
My game won't start at all. It says I need the newest version of flash which I downloaded, but it still won't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help either. I don't know what else to do.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Feb 7, 10 8:35 PM
I installed the new version and played the trial and liked it but with everyone having problems I think I will wait to buy it so they can get all the glitches out. Thank goodness for the forum!!

[Post New]by bibs78 on Feb 7, 10 8:59 PM
Great game! I played a lot longer than most games. It makes you think!

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Feb 7, 10 10:16 PM
As always very few people post "the game works".
The forums are great for letting BFG know if the game has issues for some people and we do listen.
You should NOT assume thegame will have problems for you. With this game the estimated error rate is ~1.2%. That is just over 1 person per hundred isexperiencing an issue. If you count the posts here and then realize we ave had more than 150,000 people try this game and more than 10,000 purchasers, you realize that very few people have an issue.
So if you do have an issue, posting about it is appropriate to let us know so we can investigate and release fixes (actually contacting CS is better as then we can mail you you directly when there is a fix), however do not assume that if some people have an issue, you will as well.

If you are the lucky 99%, the game will works just fine.

Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Picman

Edited on 02/11/2010 at 4:50:54 PM PST

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Feb 7, 10 10:43 PM
100thMonkey wrote:
r3t1r3d wrote:I think, may be wrong, the flashing switch came before the spider web problem.

Well, for those that might be in a fix still with a totally black electrical room. I did reinstall the game a couple times to no avail. Then, I followed the BF instructions to update my video drivers and Direct X. I then rebooted my computer. Same problem. Nothing in the electrical room.

So, I began the game again with a new player name. I also tried to follow as closely as I could where the journal asked me to investigate. By the time I got to the electrical room, I was able to get the candle box and move on.

Whew.

I'm enjoying the game, but it seems a little buggy now and again. I'm not a big fan of replaying a game I've already started. Like, it even drove me crazy when MCF Ravenhearst sequel (was it?) asked that you replay to get the bonus material if you hadn't gotten everything right the first time.

Ah well, still a fan, but I almost asked for my credit back!

Blessings,

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 7, 10 11:04 PM
I dont care which vrsion is issued..1st off no one can contact these idiots..and I call them idiots because they think we wo buy these games don't actually have a brain..well we do..and 1st off ..I take offense that YOU think tha I need YOU to tell or guide me thru YOUR stupid game..and it became STUPID..when U decided that I....could not understand YOU and YOUR..DUMB GAME>>>> GET OFF THE PODIUM>>AND WE MIGHT ACTUALLY PLAY YOUR GAMES..STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be one of the stupid ones then b/c I'm not even getting the gist of this rant? So how would the devs? (whom I deduced were the aforementioned idiots but that was about it)

If one has even half a brain it is very EZ to contact directly to the creators if one has an issue. Games have credits. Credits can be Googled. Common sense. But as Picman says, it's better to contact CS here (the distributor) b/c then they can contact to the devs on your behalf & let them know there is a problem. But I don't think anyone is going to listen when they can't even decipher what your problem might be, other than stamping your foot a lot.

Nicest manners seem to go a lot farther than rude all caps yelling & 11dy6 exclamation pts. You may want to experiment w/ that. O & sentence structure, spelling, coherency, etc. B/c I don't know what has your knickers in a twist so it's doubtful you'd get any other sort of response than HUH?

jencollett
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jencollett on Feb 8, 10 12:35 AM
I had hoped that the new fix would solve the problem of objects being the same when you returned to a room. Any chance of that. I know that there are loads more objects coded up in the game, as my bug meant I had to find extra ones in the electrical room. It's such a waste of all the hard work the developers have put in and somwewhat spoils a very good game.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 8, 10 8:15 AM
I downloaded this game this morning and have spent a very pleasant hour playing and had no problems in that time, some of the items for me being an oldie were a bit difficult to find, but the hint system is great, i might just wait a couple of days before buying just to ensure that the updates have worked. Thankyou

Go to: