First thoughts

Imansaray
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:First thoughts

[Post New]by Imansaray on Feb 9, 10 8:46 PM
I played the demo and this is the worst game I have ever played. I am so glad I did not buy this one. Meeting goals were hard, especially if it was large sums of money, because buldings kept either braking down or catching on fire. I was so glad when the trial ended. I don't know who they tested this game with, but they should have scarped it or tried something else.

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Feb 9, 10 10:27 PM
I was waiting for the trial to end. Wishing that something would happen while I was waiting other then repairing attractions and waiting to make enough money for attractions I cannot afford. Maybe if we do not listen to all of the suggestions you can accumulate more money for things you do want. The biggest money maker is that gas station and the truck stop. What a thrill. And when the dinosaurs got out we should at least been able to catch them. No I just sat around and waited for it to fix itself. What fun. Gee I missed the fires. My town never had one. That must of felt like the copperhead gang from Westward 2 burning down a town without the excitement. lol I say vote the city council all out of office, except the gas station man.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Feb 10, 10 4:19 AM
Thanks for the warnings guys, will avoid this one

[Post New]by Melissa10212006 on Feb 10, 10 6:47 AM
Well I must be a dummy because I can't finish it I am having probs getting my buildings to connect to the road. So I can't finish the game.

[Post New]by Floridagal1951 on Feb 10, 10 8:09 AM
Very unhappy !
I bought it...finished in about 2.5 hours.........this game has so much potential and great graphics, but it leaves you hanging....
Guess I learned a hard lesson, read the boards FIRST !!
Thanks for everyone who posts, I will read this more often !

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Feb 10, 10 2:37 PM
I gave it 20 minutes before deleting the trial version. I agree with everyone else; not much fun in constantly fixing buildings, and it takes forever to make money. Also, there is no option (that I could find) that listed goals or objectives. I prefer goal directed city building games myself.

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Feb 10, 10 4:53 PM
I agree it has a lot of potential as a build it game, but what bugged me the most was how expenses on some buildings were higher than the profits. I built some only to demolish once I found out there was no profit on them unless you advertised on a billboard to attract people. But never got enough money to buy more than one billboard. I used my hour trial but will not use a credit to buy it.

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Feb 12, 10 6:42 PM
Game Review -> I played the trial and thought it seemed ok. However after completing it in only a few hours I noticed that the game lacked entertainment value. It was slow paced and not very hard to complete.
In regards to graphics and sounds had no problems, nor did I encounter any other problems or errors

Jencinta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jencinta on Feb 14, 10 1:05 PM
I have to agree with everyone. I downloaded the demo and thought...."Yeah a new building TM game !" It looked like it was a good game, the colors, the idea of it all................................then I started playing . I waited...........yawned ..............clicked an idea......................waited.................yawned ...........build something..........repair/put out fires for what seemed to be forever ...............................repeat.

To bad, seemed to have a good idea going............then it just died. Wish there were other levels to go to, more to do, something............anything else.

[Post New]by fuzbee1 on Feb 16, 10 5:00 PM
I can't believe I bought this game. I agree with the rest of the forum.... it was a waste of cash! I wish I read the reviews first. I can't believe that the game just ends after your million dollar quest and it doesn't even tell you so you can keep on playing forever thinking a new quest will come up. Big Fish could have thought this game through more.

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Feb 19, 10 9:49 PM
I used my monthly game credit for this and it was okay, definitely has potential if they do another one. WAY too many repairs and fires, at least one or other, sometimes multiples, every cycle, especially as you get more things built. Needs more things to build also as I had tons of room left over after I had built everything.

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Mar 3, 10 1:32 PM
I hope the game creators pay attention to this thread, I agree with many of the others.

Pros:
-Cute theme and graphics, the whole idea of it has a lot of potential: building zany attractions to draw different types of tourists.
-I liked that different council members gave you ideas for buildings.

Cons:
-I spent a lot of time just sitting and waiting to have enough money. By the time I was having a decent enough income that I only had to wait a short while to have enough to buy a new building, the trial was up.
-Advertising seemed to be a waste, I only got one extra visitor to the place I advertised.
-The layout/maneuvering felt a little weird to me. I was annoyed that there was only one place you could connect a road to the highway. The ability to build another off-ramp would be nice! I was lucky that I managed to find a way to squeeze my road in after I had buildings up. If I had to demolish a bunch to get the road in, then sit and wait even LONGER to make money, I wouldn't have even bothered finishing the trial.

And lastly/most importantly, to me:
-There's a reason most games have levels. No one wants to get stuck after an hour or more of playing the game and have to go back to the very beginning.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on May 24, 10 6:35 PM
i played the trial thought it had some cheesy comic potential and bought it finally. i started to realize about 2 hours in this game was gonna end quick. boy was i disappointed i like a game i can come back to and get involved in. that'll teach me not to read the forums first. another credit down the drain oh well maybe the kid will get something out of it. don't buy this game unless u want something that ends quick and anti climatic

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 19, 11 2:02 AM
I enjoyed killing an hour with this game demo, but just sat and waited for money to accumulate most of the time. This forum confirms I didn't miss anything by missing the daily deal on it.

MYsQisHy
Clownfish
Clownfish
935 Posts

[Post New]by MYsQisHy on Sep 24, 11 11:17 PM
I didnt like this game must be me i seem to have to wait like 10 min b4 building enything and then nothing really happens though i didnt get far dissaponting cos it could off been a good game good idea but having to wait pointlessly to earn enough money is a waste of time really should b able to somthing else during that time

Go to: