Magic Maze

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Magic Maze

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Feb 11, 10 8:25 AM
gpherder wrote:Hate it hate it hate it.

I seriously, seriously hate any of these sorts of games which do not allow you to use the arrows on the keyboard as well as the mouse.

Maneuvering with a mouse is painful for me, as I have nerve damage in my right hand and wrist. When keyboard arrows are allowed, I use these exclusively, since I can do these with my left hand.

I don't know if it would help you, but you might want to try using a trackball. There's a lot less hand motion involved since you don't move the mouse but instead use either your fingers or thumb to move the cursor. I've been using the Logitech Marble series for close to ten years now and I absolutely detest using a mouse anymore.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Feb 11, 10 12:44 PM
Now tried on third computer..
First was on Windows 7, 2nd was my laptop on Vista, then my wife's on Vista---always the same thing... a flash, then game manager telling me I have 60 minutes left to play.

[Post New]by shawy50 on Feb 12, 10 3:25 AM
HOW DO YOU SHOOT THE BOXES NEED HELP PLEASE

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Feb 12, 10 9:13 AM
morbiousx wrote:Doesn't work at least not on Vista.. Just crashes before it starts.. Any ideas??

I am running Vista and it ran perfectly for part of the demo. Love this game. So, decided to complete the demo time and purchase this game. Now, it won't even load, and I get this error .... "MagicMazeEn.exe has stopped working". Disappointing!

[Post New]by patti24 on Feb 13, 10 6:56 AM
I used a credit to buy this. I also run on Vista and the game freezes everytime I have to go out to another screen. Also can't change the name of the player bc it freezes and will not reload. Have to shut it down and start again. Fun game but a waste of a credit unless there is an easy fix.

furrondie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by furrondie on Feb 13, 10 7:29 PM
I have Vista and have had no problems running this game. I finished it tonight and I LOVE this game. I wish it was longer though. That would be my only negative.
I bought it for my stepson when he comes to visit, I know he will really enjoy it.

Is there any other one like this on out there?

Thanks BF! I really enjoy the games lately but this was different and a nice way to relax play something else.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 13, 10 11:39 PM
I ran the demo okay. On the fence about buying. I like it, but only got 4 levels done in the hour, and it was getting dicey. Wonder how hard it will get...

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 14, 10 12:10 AM
mimmiyh5 wrote:I run vista on a little laptop. I've had no problems downloading anything. I like this game but can't get a handle on the power ups in right hand corner. Help please

They're automatic, it just shows what you have but when you encounter a monster they activate by themselves.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 14, 10 12:12 AM
shawy50 wrote:HOW DO YOU SHOOT THE BOXES NEED HELP PLEASE

Point at the box (left click the box so your character is looking or walking towards it) and right click.

But if you mean the chests you have to left click it twice - first time will show you it can open second time will actually open it - a clock will appear with open chest. The wooden ones and iron ones work like that the gold one you have to find a key but the keys are everywhere - just left click it twice and it unlocks automatically once you have a key.

[Post New]by patti24 on Feb 14, 10 5:20 AM
I purchased this game and ran into the same freeze problems as others with Vista. I ran the "Fixes" that Fish suggested but no luck. I got to the end of the game once but can't put in a new player to start over again. Fun game but what's the use if you can only play it once.

[Post New]by MonkofMagnesia on Feb 26, 10 6:30 AM
I have Vista. I tired the game and bought it after playing it for less than a minute! As I finished the second level, the game froze. I had to hit Control+Alt+Delete in order to get out of it. Every time I tired to play it again, I would get a "Memory Allocation" error message. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and have not had any problems since.

I wish the game came with a guide book. When you get a power up, what do the numbers displayed under the icon mean? How do you activate the power up?

elkric
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by elkric on Feb 26, 10 2:26 PM
MonkofMagnesia wrote:
I wish the game came with a guide book. When you get a power up, what do the numbers displayed under the icon mean? How do you activate the power up?

The number appears to be the number of uses.

As Janette5 said above the powerups are automatic.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Mar 1, 10 6:50 PM
I'm also running Vista and didn't have any problems until I left the game open and came here to look at the forum. When I returned I had to Ctrl + Alt + Del because it was locked up. I did finish though and went back to try and enter a new name. After typing it and pressing Enter I was able to select it. I like the game except for not being able to select a new name. I don't like the automatic powerups or not knowing how to get a new life. I did buy it though.

Edited on 03/02/2010 at 6:55:30 PM PST

Go to: