madmardi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by madmardi on Jul 9, 16 4:24 AM
add me to the tent issue. I also had difficulties downloading the game, still not showing in Game Manager, only shows under purchase history

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jul 9, 16 7:07 AM
trentcook wrote:Same issue with the tent disappearing. Can't proceed and REALLY do not want to start over.....

Same here!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jul 9, 16 8:21 AM
Hey everyone,

I was just swimming past on my way to download the trial for the game (I absolutely love the Dark Parables series) when I noticed that some of you were mentioning some trouble with a disappearing tent.

I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to try and play through a game only to be stopped because something's missing. Since we want to be sure we can get your game working as fast as possible, it would be great if you could get in touch with our Customer Support team and let them know what's gong on.

When you email in, if you could include a Dr. Felix report and a Screenshot of where the tent should be, this would really help a lot. Just in case it's needed, here are some helpful links to get those of thos items:

Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report
Taking a Screenshot

As 808Special_K mentioned, starting a new game profile can help to correct the issue for some players. While it can be a pain to play through everything again, if you'd like to try doing this, you certainly can.

bfgLianorm

[Post New]by Merela on Jul 9, 16 10:07 AM
Same problem for me - the tent disappeared and I cannot go back and pick up the glue.
And I really do not want to start over again! Is there an other solution?

Playing with Window 10

[Post New]by Illyriaasl on Jul 9, 16 11:29 AM
Tent issue as well, I love the Dark Parable series and was so excited to see a new installment. I am sad that I am totally stuck right now. I can play from a new player if I have to, but a fix would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Jul 9, 16 11:38 AM
Tent issue, too. Got the glue, but when I went back to fix the broken swan, the tent was gone.

Sooooo aggravating - this is in chapter 5 - I don't want to start all over again

Playing on a Mac, with Yosemite

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on Jul 9, 16 3:25 PM
Chalk me up on the tent issue as well. I was unlucky and didn't get the glue before the tent disappeared.
I also lost my save data the first time I reopened the game (I had to quit for a while and then, when I waited for my profile to load, the game said my data was corrupted). I had to delete my profile and make a new one because, even though the game seemed to run okay (though I had to start over from the beginning, which stinks), the game said I had 0 signs (the collectible things hidden in each area) and they weren't in the spots they were supposed to be at all.
Now I've played through the whole 1st chapter twice now only to get all the way to chapter 5 and lose the tent and thus never be able to finish?! What the heck! With how long this thing was in beta for, you'd think they'd have done better on the game-breaking bugs. I mean, yeah, a few small bugs slipping through I can understand, like image issues or sound problems (since those are sometimes the result of how the game was installed or how the computer is set up, rather than the game itself) but a bug that is clearly rather prevalent with players that makes the game impossible to continue?! Come on Eipix!
Just for the sake of completion, I am playing on a Mac. I may be in the wrong forum...

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Jul 9, 16 3:41 PM
I got the glue and the broken swan but the tent disappeared and I cannot fix the swan. As far as I know the only thing to do is start a new profile. I now have a list of 7 games that I was not able to play to the end even with a new profile PLEASE don't let this be added to that list. I HATE replaying and starting over but I hate it worse when I do so and have the same problem again!

TMK16
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by TMK16 on Jul 9, 16 4:06 PM
Same tent issue in Chapter 4/5. Fixed the broken swan, went down to the archives, and when I returned, the tent--and the glue along with it--was gone. Playing on a Mac. Not too excited about starting all over again!

[Post New]by CALYAD on Jul 9, 16 11:17 PM
Hi all
I had a CODE 2 ERROR and the game would not load. After searching I found the only fix was for Windows Vista users. As I have Windows 10 now, I thought I would get on and let others know what I did.

I went into control panel and uninstalled the Big Fish app. Then rebooted the PC and went back and clicked on the Swan Princess and the Dire Tree download and it immediately began to re-install the Big Fish app. Now the game is loading with no code errors, so crossing my fingers I can play the game when it finishes.

[Post New]by North40 on Jul 10, 16 9:04 AM
Add me to the list of the tent/glue issue (Windows 8.1). I'll venture to say that the tent culprit is that nasty Swan Princess because she's no longer in the Throne Room (she apparently broke free of the barrier?). Oh wait...maybe it was the tailor who just wanted his tent back? Well, whoever it was that took the tents, hopefully they're returned quickly so we can all move forward and save the kingdom with our glue!

[Post New]by MrsRLT on Jul 10, 16 11:21 AM
I have the same issue with the missing tent.

[Post New]by bookwormfaith on Jul 10, 16 11:54 AM
Tent vanished but I got the glue. However the traingular puzzle in chapter 6 refuses to complete and let me pick up the inscription tablet

[Post New]by ihateglitches on Jul 10, 16 12:51 PM
Tent issue. No glue and tent disappeared. Can't finish the game and feeling very peeved.

[Post New]by Fodos2 on Jul 10, 16 3:42 PM
Same thing. Got the glue and went to go back to the tent to glue the swan figurine....GONE.....nowhere to be found. This really infuriates me...not a small bug, but a big, huge, game stopping can't play any further bug. I'm playing on a Mac as well, but platform doesn't seem to be the issue.

je40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by je40 on Jul 10, 16 8:01 PM
I got the glue, but didn't have the broken swan. Same issue, the tent is gone. Like many here I HATE starting over. Guess I'll shelve this for a year or two and then come back to it.

[Post New]by dindywoo on Jul 10, 16 9:00 PM
Hi

in the barracks after putting the triangle on the portrait in the black swans room, i am unable to open the desk to place the draw pull, I cannot get the shutter mechanism handle - very frustrated as cannot proceed with the game

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 11, 16 10:41 AM
Running Windows 7 Pro. I've gotten as far as being into the prisoner's cell. I've melted the ice and taken everything out of the cache in the wall. I literally have no places lighting up on the map to go, just an exclamation point on the prisoner's cell. I have both of the scepters, the swan lever, a clock hand, a butterfly, an orchid (can't think of anything else). I've read through the SG step-by-step from the beginning and have done everything suggested up to this point.

The problem is every time I put the cursor over the pedestal console in front of the prisoner, I get a darkened magnifying glass. I try placing the scepters but nothing happens. And there is nothing else I can do with the game.

Will try uninstalling and reinstalling but, I have my doubts.

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked and I got past that. Paid attention to everyone else saying the forgot to pick up the glue so got past that glitch as well.

Edited on 07/13/2016 at 9:46:57 AM PST

[Post New]by kemcgraw on Jul 11, 16 3:12 PM
Count me in on the Tent Issue. This is not fun.

I use a mac

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Jul 11, 16 6:12 PM
I made it past the tent issue OK, but have had difficulties with a couple things following and I'm unable to go any further...monster vs. prince puzzle won't let me play after resetting it and I can't retrieve the gauntlet to enter the barracks. Guess I'll wait for the update to finish this game. I've never had a problem with Dark Parables games in the past, but this one still has a few bugs.
Windows 7 Home

Go to: