Comments and Reviews

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Feb 13, 10 12:44 PM
I found this game fairly easy but enchanting. It drew me in quickly and every scene had something to catch my attention.

It felt like I had been playing for only a minute when in fact it had been over 40 mins. So that's a good sign.

A definite buy for me!

Dizbizbangle - "discount day" is actually a Presidents Day sale BFG is having this weekend. 30% off all their games!!! Excellent deal, especially for games that were on your "maybe" list. Just type in PREZSALE in the Coupon Code section when you buy the game. That will bring up the discounted price. The sale runs until Feb 15th.

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Feb 13, 10 1:16 PM
SublimeOne, since you answered Dizbizbangle's question about the discount, do you know if you can use it more than once.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 13, 10 1:23 PM
I'm about to use the discount on this one - easy but fun and love the graphics. I have other games waiting in the wings to buy - will soon find out if it's on all games or one.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 13, 10 1:26 PM
reclusive, answered you by PM to keep this thread for game comments.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Feb 13, 10 1:26 PM
Thank you for the code to use....and I did get the email....but BF and I are in the middle of tech support and have been checking those so far. Thank you very much though for your response

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 13, 10 1:52 PM
It's all the games you want to buy at the discount - just bought 3 at $4.89 each.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 13, 10 2:58 PM
I didn't buy Princess Isabella b/c of the annoying fairy. At least this one doesn't talk! I hate fairies! Why do they all look like Tinkerbell? Is green the only color they're allowed? The goblin was much more fun LOL I only played 20 min of demo & while the graphix are pretty, the waltz crescendo music was getting irksome. I really really hate wasting half a demo on puzzle skip hints loading! I hate it even more that when you close out of the puzzle to go back & look at the pattern it re-starts from scratch, too. Don't want to play Ballerina Simon! Tho I did b/c it was faster. Did anyone manage to assemble the fairy statue? Some of the pieces didn't even look as if they belonged. Skipped that. And who cares if the "penalty" for skips is lost time? Who am I racing? And why can't wandering games have a map already? TYVM Fairy for pointing out I don't have all the pieces to open this door yet, as I would never have been able to count to 6 sans your assistance....give me a break & tell me something useful!

I'm thinking if it's just 10 chapters & I've managed to do 3 in 20 min, I'd be almost done by the end of the demo. That's way too short & doesn't bode well for replay value when so far there's been just one HOs scene & the rest are all puzzles. It's not a balanced mix. I'm rather disappointed just 20 min into it. Dressing bears? Are you kidding me? I'm thinking this is targeted at kids, not adults. You'd have to be 5 not to be able to solve the puzzles & there are far too many of them already. There's no challenge to this game yet. Where are the HOs scenes at? Another mislabeled game here? It's certainly not really a HOG so far. I did like the Goblinjong but I don't think buying the game just to unlock unlimited super-EZ mahjong is worth it. I think this game is suffering from an identity crisis & doesn't quite know what it's supposed to be.

Looked at walkthru, no sale. It's ONE HOs scene per level & everything else is puzzles & wandering. No TY.

Edited on 02/13/2010 at 3:01:41 PM PST

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Feb 13, 10 3:26 PM
I am going to agree with Scarlet on this game.

Although the graphics are beautiful and the game is engaging, I QQk for re-playability and length.

Right now on the fence but it will probably be a NO GO even with the 30% discount.

Charm

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Feb 13, 10 5:29 PM
What an enchanting game
I played it all the way through, can't stop. I took my time (4 hours). It was very relaxing. Gorgeous graphics, nice story, enjoyed the interaction with the goblins, numerous puzzles and rooms to explore. Not many HOs. More interactive. It's a fairly easy game but so well done.
Thank you
and out of 5.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Feb 13, 10 8:29 PM
Well....it appears most really liked this game. While the game type was right down my alley, I did not feel the graphics were all that everyone else did. Thought they could have been done a lot better. Game was really easy for the time I played and I'm not one of those people that could finish RTR in a few hours. I think I'll pass on this one unless it comes out as DD.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 13, 10 9:53 PM
I am now on the fence i enjoyed the hour and found it easy but enjoyable and yes it is like dream chronicles but i do not like to buy a game if it is short but i suppose with the discount coupon it might be worth it.

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Feb 14, 10 3:58 AM
Hi everyone: I really liked this game, but 4 hours seemed short, though I got it with the Prezsale : , Thanks . I didn't need the walkthrough but used the hint fairy to let me know what rooms I was finished with and what I still needed to look for. I' had no technical glitches at all. Graphics were crisp and clear. Looking forward to sequel. Cheers

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 14, 10 5:29 AM
Dizbizbangle-Where did you find that? Gamezebo announced that if you put in code PREZSALE, games are discounted until Monday night on BF site. I tried it and got game for $4.89. I can't find it on BF site. Thanks

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 14, 10 5:31 AM
I got it. Haden't checked my e-mail.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 14, 10 5:59 AM
I think I'm kinda with scarlet on this one. I tried the demo and was annoyed within about 10-15 mins. It was way too easy and I guess the subject isn't appealing to me right now. I'm enjoying Nightfall Curse of the Opera and the darker-themed games are more enjoyable, to me.
A definite no-buy.

[Post New]by retire2007 on Feb 14, 10 8:58 AM
Great game as far as graphics and all go, however if I had known that it is just full of
Simon Says
games I wouldn't have purchased it.

[Post New]by gizmospooky on Feb 15, 10 10:58 AM
I've been trying a number of games, trying to get the most out of the sale and have to say what one person likes another may not. I've tried some games that people said were a must buy and found them too dark for me to find things, or on one, the cursor seemed to move very slowly even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This one is a nice change of pace, relaxed, easy to look at. I'll think about it for a while but may end up buying since I'm a sucker for a sale.

Though, I do have to say I wish BFG would open a comments thread as the 2nd message when they start a forum; that would make it much easier to try to find other players opinions. I know that a lot of the older games don't appear to have a comment thread, but it would be helpful to going forward as new games are offered.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 15, 10 11:20 AM
gizmospooky wrote:Though, I do have to say I wish BFG would open a comments thread as the 2nd message when they start a forum; that would make it much easier to try to find other players opinions. I know that a lot of the older games don't appear to have a comment thread, but it would be helpful to going forward as new games are offered.
Often (here, too) you find many reviews in the Welcome to the forum-thread - unfortunately, often also spoilers, when questions are answered.
This being said: I had asked a Mod in January about the "Comment and Review" threads, b/c I also found them helpful. My impression was that the newer games didn't have them anymore suddenly. The answer was, that there won't be any more official C&R-threads, as the reviews aren't hosted by anymore. But that the Mods will check for user-made C&R-threads and sticky them.
Dunno why this didn't happen here; I guess they can't be everywhere. So, maybe if if you PM a Mod with your wish, who knows?

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Feb 15, 10 12:19 PM
Great game - I hope there are more like this to come. Beautiful graphics and moderately easy puzzles.......loved it!

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Feb 16, 10 9:08 AM
I really loved this game. It reminded me a lot of the first Dream Chronicles game, although shorter (I finished it in 2.5 hours). I hope there will be a sequel.

The graphics were beautiful, the storyline interesting. The puzzles were not overly difficult, so people who like a real challenge may find them too easy. But I just enjoyed playing fun puzzles that didn't take me forever to figure out. Although I enjoy challenging puzzles, this felt like a nice break.

Overall a lovely and inspiring game. I'm playing through it for a second time already.

Go to: