Re:Shutter Island technical issues

[Post New]by trotta1939 on Feb 23, 10 9:02 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Add me to the list of wouldn't play for me. Well... it might have, but after several minutes of watching the world's slowest load bar I threw in the towel. Granted my machine is old but it exceeds the min. requirements by a bit:

2.15 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
2 Gigabytes Memory
RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card w/ 512 memory

...so...

From the sound of the reviews of those who *have* played I don't understand why it was so resource demanding. That usually means lots of video, highly detailed graphics and audible dialog, and complicated interaction, not what sounds to be a pretty run of the mill IHOG. *shrug* More games out there. Still I like spooky and would have liked to at least look at this one.

[Post New]by trotta1939 on Feb 23, 10 9:03 PM
I agree Poodlebear, this game is not work the one hour trial. What a shame. more frustrating to sit and wait for a download, and then to have the game crash--didn't finish the trial and certainly won't buy.

cruet42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cruet42 on Feb 24, 10 10:14 AM
I have an E Machine which I purchased last July for $374. It has 2 GB Memory, had no problem downloading nor playing. The game initially starts with using the sledgehammer next to the door and then goes into the mausoleum, after that the game officially starts. It has like a preview teaser before the game starts. Seems to be a great game. I think it runs better on Windows Vista which I have. Good luck.

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Feb 27, 10 2:05 AM
have problems with the accuracy of the curso. It kind of "floats". Is this intentionally?

[Post New]by DACusson on Feb 27, 10 4:15 PM
cll1950 wrote:I don't think there is any help. I got the sledge hammer ok, right next to the door but when I tried to pick up the glass in the Doctors office , it just wouldn't select it. I'm a bit upset because with the storyline it could be a great game. The graphic gameplay graphics are terrible. I agree with the post above. realy thrown together. Sloppy work developers, sloppy work. Shame on you. I'm gonna' go back and check out the developers name and make sure I never buy from them, it's obvious they don't care anything about us. What a waste of what could have been an exciting and creepy game. Too bad.

Download and install went great but in the doctor's office I couldn't pick up the glass of water. I have also tried running under a new ID and I couldn't pick up the picture in the doctor's office which is before the water glass. Does the game developer ever read these forums and try to fix or at least acknowledge the bug in this game????

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 4:21:39 PM PST

bgb1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by bgb1 on Mar 1, 10 11:49 AM
This game makes me very grateful for trials.

[Post New]by monkey_candy on Mar 2, 10 12:17 AM
I'm having a problem with loading; I found if you press "Ctrl", "Shift", "Esc" all at the same time it seems to make the loading go faster. Do that a couple of times and it will load. I had no problems after that. Was able to play the trial.

Edited on 03/02/2010 at 12:19:51 AM PST

[Post New]by babyvoice on Mar 2, 10 7:17 PM
very frustrated with game and i'm only in the doctors office. Can't seem to pick up the glass of water. Saw someone else had same problem. Looks like it could be a cool game but won't be able to find out if I can't get passed to doctors office.

[Post New]by monkey_candy on Mar 2, 10 11:35 PM
I'm afraid I bought this game, because I was having no problems. Now I can't load it at all.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

cursor issues

[Post New]by emerance on Mar 3, 10 3:09 PM
I downloaded and installed the game with no problems, but my cursor is sluggish and difficult to move in the game. It seems to be behind where the "actual" cursor would be, and so I keep overshooting objects and having to painstakingly hover around and around until the cursor actually lands where I want it to go.

Forget this. Unless there's a patch for this behaviour, I'm not getting this game. I was able to put up with the erratic cursor only as long as getting the door to the mausoleum shut. I gave up after that.

Pity, too, because it has great graphics and I like these types of games.

[Post New]by taxman46 on Mar 4, 10 12:28 PM
I too cannot pick up the glass in the office. It is quite frustrating. MS xp with all service packs installed.

AlexisMH
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AlexisMH on Mar 5, 10 4:33 PM
I can't even close the doors to the mausoleum! There are two disks above, and two below with a metal rod and twine, but all the clicking or dragging in the world won't work. After reading about so many problems people are having, I'm wondering if it's me or the game.

AlexisMH
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AlexisMH on Mar 5, 10 8:20 PM
PS -- My 60-minute trial expired after about 20 minutes.

[Post New]by angelofdesire on Mar 6, 10 9:37 PM
i don't want to sound stupid but i am. i dunno if this means my computer crashes but everytime i click on the sledgehammer my computer freezes up. i uninstalled and reinstalled it again and still freezes on the sledgehammer. help a stupid computer user.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Mar 8, 10 6:23 AM
I have a 3.0 Ghz processor, 2.5 GB RAM, running xp home sp3. I downloaded/installed w/o problems, played the first 20 min. When I went back to finish the trial, all I saw was the loading (VERY SLOWLY) bar. I used up, in 3 tries all the rest of my trial time. Too bad, as it seemed like a pretty good game.

I decided not to contact tech support about this game after reading here in the forums that the game developer "...indicated they were not going to change it for technical reasons." (re picman050967 on 2/13/10). Well, fishies, there are LOTS of other games in the pond that that have game developers that care about our game experience with their games--as far as I am concerned, this one can go belly-up and float away!,

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Mar 8, 10 1:21 PM
the first time I played, the loading took forever so I exited out. A few hours later I clicked on the icon on my desk top and the game loaded and I played it without any technical issues. But it did have the worst ending I've ever seen in a game. It just left you hanging.

[Post New]by lemony78 on Mar 8, 10 2:08 PM
Hi I own an iMac (running Leopard) and yesterday I went to download the 1 hour trial version. Download went fine. Went to play and it froze 5 minutes into the game. Screen flickerd back and forth from black to the game. Then Finally with no luck in forcing quit. I ended up shuting down my computer.

However upon restart I can no longer get onto my computer. A slight grey screen comes up saying "You Need to restart your computer" Kernel panic problem. I can now no longer use my computer. BIG PROBLEM. I even tried to reinstall my OS while holding down the "C" button. But nothing happens. Always the same above message.

I was however able to hold down the "D" button and do a Hardware test. Says nothing is wrong.

One I have not tried and will do tonight is to boot it on "Safe Mode". This is the final thing I can think that may work. Otherwise I have to take it in to get fixed.

This happening has made me want to cancel my subscription to Big Fish for fear of this happening again.
Very Frustrating and I may have possible lost a lot of stuff on my computer.

fatbuttmut
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by fatbuttmut on Mar 16, 10 2:42 PM
Just tried to download the trial version and my virus program went crazy giving me virus warnings and "corrupt file" warnings. Good thing I didn't go any further.

[Post New]by grape07758 on Apr 7, 10 7:10 AM
downloaded the trial
started the game
wouldn't let me pick up the first item

whats up with that?

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Apr 9, 10 8:00 PM
Hi All,
Just to let you know, I have an HP with Windows Vista, and I had absolutely no trouble down loading or playing the full hour trial. My only problem is that is too simple. I like to have to at least search a little, and this one was way to easy. The funny part is that I have been having a little trouble lately with the games not functioning correctly, but this one ran very smoothly. I also liked the idea of the creapy feel to it. But it is just too bad that it is so simple it is pretty boring. I won't be buying this one I'm afraid.

Go to: