Re:Welcome to Aveyond: The Lost Orb forum

[Post New]by nemetona on Feb 18, 10 6:19 PM
I beat the game Aveyond The Lost Orb, how do I continue to the Darkthrop Prophecy?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 18, 10 9:57 PM
You wait until it's released in a couple of months and then buy it from BFG!

Have you played the other Aveyond games yet?

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 9:57:41 PM PST

Oleg1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Oleg1 on Feb 19, 10 11:26 AM
Hi Everybody! This new Aveyond is just awesome! Anyway, I have troubles with some issues and i'd appreciate some help!
-How to find someone to take over the Stormbend Tavern?
-How to put Leopold's Bistro out of business?
-Where to find Rat trap for capturing five Rats in Peliad?
Thanx in advance!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 19, 10 1:23 PM
Fortunately, all those three quests are related! You need to learn trapping at the intelligence agency in Peliad. The agency is in the northwest of the city (the house with the tree sign). When you've learned trapping, you will get a trap. You can then go and trap 5 rats. (note: ONLY use the trap outside for now and not inside houses. There is a bug that makes you lose the trap when you use it inside). Release the rats inside the bistro and the health inspector will have it shut down. The former chef of the Bistro will then be looking for a new job...

[Post New]by nomoretoast23 on Feb 20, 10 9:40 AM
I need a diamond to complete the acid recipe. Can someone refresh my memory on which monsters drop them? Of course I sold all mine before I got the recipe! Figures!

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 20, 10 10:01 AM
glowbugs in fauna cave. or is it mana cave? one of the caves near acropolis.

[Post New]by nomoretoast23 on Feb 20, 10 11:07 AM
Thanks! The glow worms are in the fauna cave and did give me the diamond I needed.
Next question: how do you get Mel to help Rat escape from the jail? I solved the baby theft side quest...

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 20, 10 1:11 PM
You only have one chance to get Rat out of jail, unfortunately, and that's while you are solving the baby thief quest. Have tea with Gwenalle, decide to bring her to justice, go to the inspector, turn her in... then instantly talk to the inspector again WITHOUT any evidence and he'll get annoyed with you and throw you in jail. When you're in jail, talk to Rat and decide to help him with what he's asking for.

If you followed different steps and completed the baby thief quest that way, you've lost your chance to release rat. (and, unfortunately, also to solve the golden frog quest)

Oleg1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Oleg1 on Feb 21, 10 3:16 AM
Thank you Severine, but still one thing bothers me. When i visit Agency ,they tellin' me i've already learned everything they can teach me. But i got no rat traps?

[Post New]by Snugglepie on Feb 21, 10 5:07 AM
Can anyone help please with Granite Mountains: Ive searched the beanstalks both sides of bridge (several times) but can't find the seed.

[Post New]by nomoretoast23 on Feb 21, 10 8:10 AM
Snugglepie: I had a hard time too. Have you looked at the roots rather than the tops of the beanstalks? That was my difficulty. Good luck!

[Post New]by nemetona on Feb 21, 10 11:50 AM
Hi Severene, yes I have all of the other Aveyond games. I even played Ahriman's Quest when it came out years ago, that's how I became interested in Amaranthia's games. Thanks for your response, I should have figured that.

nelshy
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by nelshy on Feb 21, 10 12:18 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:You only have one chance to get Rat out of jail, unfortunately, and that's while you are solving the baby thief quest. Have tea with Gwenalle, decide to bring her to justice, go to the inspector, turn her in... then instantly talk to the inspector again WITHOUT any evidence and he'll get annoyed with you and throw you in jail. When you're in jail, talk to Rat and decide to help him with what he's asking for.

If you followed different steps and completed the baby thief quest that way, you've lost your chance to release rat. (and, unfortunately, also to solve the golden frog quest)

So I too have lost the chance to get the frog.
That is the only quest left for me to do . Does this mean I've come to the end of the game? How disappointing ,I was just beginning to enjoy the game.

akarle2002
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akarle2002 on Feb 21, 10 1:22 PM
Nuts about the frog! I will have to start again.
I have a couple of questions: That I don't think anyone has asked yet.

1. I have created the love potion I was wondering if there is anyone I am supposed to use it on?
2. I was also wondering if the was any use for the long-nosed hercules statue or if I should smash it?
3. I have already played the game twice. The first time I found Ashera's Sandals and this time I can't find them. Does anyone remember where they are?

akarle2002
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akarle2002 on Feb 21, 10 1:47 PM
One more question. Does anyone know what the difference is if I write mean responses or nice responses to Te'jal's letters? Will something happen if I write all Nice or all Mean?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 21, 10 4:06 PM
Oleg1: there is a bug that means if you use the rat trap inside a house, it will disappear. However, I've been told there is a patch for that you can download from the amaranth website. If you haven't used the trap yet but have been to the agency - it should be in your items inventory!

akarle2002:
1. You can have Edward or Spook give it to Mel. I don't think it has an effect on the ending of the game.
2. If you still have the real Hercules bust too, you can go back to the man you stole the bust from and sell him the fake bust.
3. Ha, I know this now: the sandals are a reward for killing the giant crab in Ashera's Tomb. But sometimes the crab drops something else - it's random.

[Post New]by threeboysnva on Feb 22, 10 12:19 PM
what color are the tiles expose tobe ont the darkthrop riddle in stonetooth cave

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 22, 10 12:40 PM
Look at the riddlethat Ulf wrote down. There is something about a sun (yellow), water (blue), grass (green) and darkness (black) - enter those colors in the order they appear in the riddle.

akarle2002
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akarle2002 on Feb 22, 10 5:27 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
akarle2002:
1. You can have Edward or Spook give it to Mel. I don't think it has an effect on the ending of the game.
2. If you still have the real Hercules bust too, you can go back to the man you stole the bust from and sell him the fake bust.
3. Ha, I know this now: the sandals are a reward for killing the giant crab in Ashera's Tomb. But sometimes the crab drops something else - it's random.

SeverineSnap Thanks for all your help!

[Post New]by quas1998 on Feb 23, 10 9:08 AM
How do I find or make the pie to the empress so I can have access to the granite mountains?

Go to: