Hatteras
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Welcome to Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Hatteras on Feb 23, 10 9:25 PM
Kind of fun but not different enough. $20 is too much. I couldn't use my punch card either. I don't like that they are being selective on some editions. I think it hurts their purchases too. I won't pay that much.

[Post New]by lizkeziah on Feb 25, 10 6:00 AM
i joined big fish games club why can't i access this game? it keeps asking me to join when i already did!

[Post New]by pyschnrse on Feb 27, 10 2:31 PM
Every time I try to download this game, the game loads & then I get an error message. I love Diner Dash games & I can't play this one. Help!

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Mar 1, 10 10:31 AM
Hatteras wrote:Kind of fun but not different enough. $20 is too much. I couldn't use my punch card either. I don't like that they are being selective on some editions. I think it hurts their purchases too. I won't pay that much.

When is the NON collector edition come out. I cannot afford to pay 20 and I was disappointed in the other one that I purchased. Extras werent worth it.

[Post New]by mheato2010 on Mar 5, 10 12:41 PM
i want to buy the collectors edition so that i dont have to wait for the standard to be released. i find that the collectors edition can be purchased now for 19.99 but i cant find where to purchase it??? does anyone know what cite to go to so that i can purchase it?

msroslyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by msroslyn on Mar 9, 10 10:21 AM
I am a member of the Big Fish Game Club. I joined the club so that I could get games at a discounted price. The $6.99 a month for a game credit works with my budget. I am disappointed with process for purchasing CE's. I have six unused game credits, that's $41.96 that's just sitting there waiting to be used and I can't use them on a CE. Since I have these unused credits, I am not interested in the punch card. I have been debating on whether or not to purchase the DD Boom game. Why should I spend $20 when I have 6 unused game credits? Are the extra's really worth it? I am not interested in the retrospective, the artwork, wallpaper or the screensavers. I checked out the screensaver on the demo and all it showed was a color changing background with Flo standing in the middle of the screen periodically moving. Hopefully it does more than that but, since that's all that I can see, I have to base my decision on that. And that is not worth the money. I think I can live without the extra game play levels. That just leaves the game itself and the strategy guide, which I found to be very helpful. If you can do without all the extras, then buy the standard version. There is also a separate Strategy Guide available and I believe that you get the wallpaper and the screensavers with that (if I am wrong about that, sorry, but the strategy guide itself is still pretty good) The cost for the standard version and the Strategy Guide is $13.98 (2 game club credits or $6.00 cheaper than the CE). At least you get the benefits of some of the extras. Since I have unused credits, I am going to go this route and put that $20 cash toward something more practical like food, gas, or a bill.

I hope this was helpful to those of you who have not yet made a decision on which version to purchase.

Edited on 03/09/2010 at 10:30:18 AM PST

Go to: