patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 18, 10 2:46 AM
puzzledone wrote:On the fence now. I did find that using some parts are sluggish, didn't switch off custom cursor though. Several places I had to click several times to get inventory items to interact with the right things for action. I must have clicked Menu 5 times before I could get back to options or Exit. I'm on vista laptop with 15.5 widescreen and it says wrong res to use windows mode. Maybe a bit grainy or blurry or I just can't see some items even with hints. So that's a minus for me. Other items are right out there.

I want to like this game but don't like using up playtime searching walkthrus either. I'll see if it is clearer on my desktop with XP, colors are usually better on that monitor.

Hope to hear more of your comments, and thanks for getting me out of jail, got my code then opened the door then timed out

Hi Puzzledone

I also am using a 15" laptop with Vista and having no problems. I always turn off game cursers from the get-go if possible. Find it makes games play much more smoothly.

forent
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by forent on Feb 18, 10 2:48 AM
Getting out of jail was easy. Boiled the water and got the numbers for the lock but can't figure out the sequence. The numbers show up on the mirror by the pop bellied stove and they are 2 5 1 7 3 on the mirror but not in that sequence on the lock so I am stuck. Like the game!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 18, 10 3:18 AM
forent wrote:Getting out of jail was easy. Boiled the water and got the numbers for the lock but can't figure out the sequence. The numbers show up on the mirror by the pop bellied stove and they are 2 5 1 7 3 on the mirror but not in that sequence on the lock so I am stuck. Like the game!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 18, 10 3:19 AM
You have the numbers alittle mixed up: try 27531

[Post New]by therobster on Feb 18, 10 3:24 AM
i was also stuck on headmaster's door but just kept trying and it opened eventually

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 18, 10 3:25 AM
This is a great game. The Graphics are really nice, colorful The music isn't too bad. I have been able to find objects so far.

I am going to get this game but not until next month so that I can use it towards a Punch Card punch. I haven't had a problem finding the objects. I think the difference might be having a larger monitor.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 18, 10 3:41 AM
I like it too, but will wait till nearer the end of the month before buying. I want 3 games to fill punchcard , have several credits but there may be a couple of DDs as well.
Will definely get it now or beginning of march.
Found it hard to spot the tarot cards in the office against the wallpaper, had to use 2 hints there.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 18, 10 3:45 AM
pattiepicc wrote: I hit hint and it tells me to put the knocker on the door but it just won't go!!!
Is this a glitch what it the trick to get the knocker on the door!!!!!!!!

I had to try several times, finally clicking about center of the door worked, so yeah, a bit glitchy here.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 18, 10 4:11 AM
pattiepicc wrote:Having a problem in Orphanage lunch room.
All of the rest of the Orphanage is done... the card said I need the door knocker to open the head masters door..... Well I have the door knocker but It won't open the door... I have gone to the map to see if I missed something but every other site is complete. I hit hint and it tells me to put the knocker on the door but it just won't go!!!

Hi pattiepicc

How did you get the gate to the Orphanage open??

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 18, 10 4:20 AM
Did another demo on pc XP. Definately looked better with bright up to 100%, much more colorful, better graphics card I guess. Like if it is a green tarot card I see more green but also found no card to see. I think the magic in the theme means some are invisible but if you random click SURPRISE. I won't spoil saying where the green card was LOL. I was afraid I would run out of hints, they don't say how many you get but obviously no random click penalties, that's a plus.

I may have read it wrong but where there is a crystal ball on either side and a bar I thought it said the ball tells you how many objects on that side. Mine doesn't, just gets a few sparkles in the ball when you move there.

This is definately a game to keep a notepad and pencil handy. Now that I found gears I wandered everywhere not remembering where that puzzle is. I was only missing one so I left and found it. Now where was I? Timed out trying every location and no puzzle. Maybe those sparkles are gone because I've already been inside the gear box. Not a game for short term memory loss. By the time I might buy it I'll lose the long term mem and have to start over.

How's that for a review? I'm reviewing me, instead of the game, sorry.
But hey, if hints are unlimited and click all you want who needs a walkthrough? Music isn't bad, in fact soothing which is needed getting around the glitches. Maybe wait a few weeks when I need a punch (on my card, not my forehead)

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Feb 18, 10 4:33 AM
Is everyone have problems? Is it O.K. to buy?

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 4:49:42 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 18, 10 5:03 AM
Bailey I haven't had any problems with the game. Si far so good. I would try the demo if I was you. Everyone has their own opinions about games . This one is really nice. I intend to buy it next month. The graphics are just beautiful Really well done.

I Hope that helps

Woofie

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 18, 10 5:17 AM
puzzledone wrote:Did another demo on pc XP. Definately looked better with bright up to 100%, much more colorful, better graphics card I guess. Like if it is a green tarot card I see more green but also found no card to see. I think the magic in the theme means some are invisible but if you random click SURPRISE. I won't spoil saying where the green card was LOL. I was afraid I would run out of hints, they don't say how many you get but obviously no random click penalties, that's a plus.

I may have read it wrong but where there is a crystal ball on either side and a bar I thought it said the ball tells you how many objects on that side. Mine doesn't, just gets a few sparkles in the ball when you move there.

This is definately a game to keep a notepad and pencil handy. Now that I found gears I wandered everywhere not remembering where that puzzle is. I was only missing one so I left and found it. Now where was I? Timed out trying every location and no puzzle. Maybe those sparkles are gone because I've already been inside the gear box. Not a game for short term memory loss. By the time I might buy it I'll lose the long term mem and have to start over.

How's that for a review? I'm reviewing me, instead of the game, sorry.
But hey, if hints are unlimited and click all you want who needs a walkthrough? Music isn't bad, in fact soothing which is needed getting around the glitches. Maybe wait a few weeks when I need a punch (on my card, not my forehead)

Hey there Puzzledone!!

When I got this computer, I could not believe the differences in colors compared to my old computer. So bright and colorful!! I was amazed!!]

The crystal balls on mine don't show the numbers either. Might be a glitch in there!!

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Feb 18, 10 5:22 AM
pattiepicc wrote:Having a problem in Orphanage lunch room.
All of the rest of the Orphanage is done... the card said I need the door knocker to open the head masters door..... Well I have the door knocker but It won't open the door... I have gone to the map to see if I missed something but every other site is complete. I hit hint and it tells me to put the knocker on the door but it just won't go!!!

I am also stuck at the same place!

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Feb 18, 10 5:24 AM
puzzledone wrote:I've just 24 min left on demo and I am still stuck in the jail. I have the key but on the padlock it just opens a row of 5 numbers and not a clue for a combination. For a hint it tells me to boil water. Huh?? Guess I'll have to wait for a walkthrough or sit the rest of the hour clicking random numbers in 5's.

Looks like a decent length game from the map and many locations. But I have to break out of jail first and no skip on that puzzle. Any ideas?

Loaded fine on vista laptop, no errors. May try it on my pc with xp and see if the key will work. I love Tarot so looking forward to playing as the graphics so far do look like real Tarot cards, not those fake symbols on that other Tarot mystery dud.

The steam from the boiling kettle makes the code for the padlock appear on the mirror.

[Post New]by curious67826 on Feb 18, 10 5:35 AM
the door knocker goes on the left side of the door

Problem with the forest

[Post New]by Pauluzzz86 on Feb 18, 10 6:36 AM
Hi there,
got this game today and now I'm stuck... I had access to the forest but when I went back to the town center I can't go back to the forest anymore...

please help me!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Problem with the forest

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 18, 10 6:51 AM
Pauluzzz86 wrote:Hi there,
got this game today and now I'm stuck... I had access to the forest but when I went back to the town center I can't go back to the forest anymore...

please help me!

I can't get back there either! I've been going round and round the town centre, and other towns but totally fed up now! The place where the door opens when you have light from the lantern, there is a spot the difference tarot card that, although I spotted all the differences it is still glowing? Anyone help on this please? The hint keeps going to this card, and I just can't figure out why.
I love the game but would just like to know what I'm missing so that I can finish it!

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Feb 18, 10 6:59 AM
Am I dense? I can't get the key in the jail. I've got the broom on the door and the broken bar......but nothing happens......nothing moves. The hint keeps circling the bottom of the broom, but nothing happens when I click there. Can someone help me, please???

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 18, 10 7:06 AM
susielee wrote:Am I dense? I can't get the key in the jail. I've got the broom on the door and the broken bar......but nothing happens......nothing moves. The hint keeps circling the bottom of the broom, but nothing happens when I click there. Can someone help me, please???

Put the chickren leg on the end of broom. Then roll the marble down the stick.

Go to: