CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Diner Dash 5 Boom CE Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by CEdem on Feb 18, 10 1:20 PM
govegril wrote:

Hi CEdem
They are going to bring back the extra restaurants (as they should), they just have not said when but stay tuned or check the Playfirst forum for more information on that.

Hi govegril,

Thank you!!! I was afraid I missed them. I'll keep my eye out .... you made my day!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 18, 10 1:59 PM
I am addicted to tm-games, but I wouldn`t pay 20 $ for only one game, I prefer to buy three different games for almost the same price. I am not sure, if I want this game even for 7 $. I have already all Diner Dash games and all are almost the same.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 2:06 PM
AnnBy wrote:What all does the Flo through time or whatever it was have. Just pictures of the dash games or something along with?

Hi Annby

Yes it is pictures of the dash games, shows you the different Flo games and other dash games- like an advertisement really.
The concept art is basic- here is a picture of a chair - here is a picture of a salad bar - here is Flo pulling different funny faces
The strategy guide is good for new people to the game, explains the different customer types and about colour matching, chaining but those familiar know all that. The seating arrangements might be helpful if you are struggling but it is too much information to just look at, you really need to be able to print it out and have it on hand whilst the game is playing.
You could write it all out but a lot of work and someone on the PF forum will probably post all the information there anyway - or GZ.

Of course above all just my personal opinon.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 2:07:32 PM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 18, 10 3:09 PM
Thanks Govegril. I think I'll hold off on this for 2 weeks then. Really wish they'd add some more meat to these CE's.

As many games as I like to buy, it would be best to use that money for 2 other games.

salem01
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by salem01 on Feb 18, 10 5:35 PM
i bought the game and loved it I've also finished it i wished it was alot longer because i had so much fun playing it

mizzmm
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
435 Posts

[Post New]by mizzmm on Feb 18, 10 5:52 PM
this is a great game. i have already picked
my wallpaper and screensaver. big fan of
all the flo games. i give it a big

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Feb 18, 10 11:31 PM
Typical Diner Dash game with Flo, but I enjoy the fact that each DIner Dash game has a different twist so one doesn't get burnt out on the games. The rain, wind, etc. in this version adds a nice diversion and I like how you can build the new diner the way you would like it. I'm not exactly sure that the added cost for the CE version is worth it for us, though and no, we don't "do" Facebook so that is sort of a turn off for us. Still, my daughter loves the Flo games and since the regular version comes out on her birthday, I'll be getting that version for her then.

[Post New]by CREAMYYUMMY911 on Feb 19, 10 6:11 AM
i love all first play games but this collector crap( what its being called) really sux!!! i have all the other games but 20bux really chapped my behind. i didntclose the game while i was doing chores an ust thought it would be as great as all the other flo games....but this one isnt worth it !!! ne and va. never again

lmuehl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lmuehl on Feb 19, 10 8:30 AM
I liked the game as I do all of Diner dash games. Not enough to buy the collectors addition though.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 8:30:28 AM PST

[Post New]by mattslamom on Feb 19, 10 2:05 PM
Really disappointed in this one. I found the game to run choppy and slow, maybe just my computer,but I just couldn't stand the adding "townies" aspect. I have bought every dash game ever made, just not feeling this one.

Reesmom
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Reesmom on Feb 19, 10 4:34 PM
I am disappointed, for what I paid, this game wasn't worth it. I finished in one day, it's not challenging at all. The other games are ones that I have already beaten or am have on my computer already and just haven't played in a while. The "extras" were a disappointment as well, I don't want screensavers and to see "Flo through time".

I'm not interested in facebook either.

Wait until it's old and don't pay $20 for this game.

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Feb 20, 10 6:09 PM
sorry, am not impressed. I will definitely wait until this game is $6.99 before I purchase it. I have almost all of the dash games, but I think I'll have to pass on this one. will stick to the regular dash games for now.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Feb 20, 10 9:05 PM
I played the demo and I loved it. I like the way you can decide what upgrades you want to buy. You have so many to choose from. Much like Hotel Dash and Cooking Dash, which were my two favorite dash games. I like the added walk-in customers since it makes you have to rethink how you may decide where to seat your next customers. made it through the first restaurant with no problem and was doing really well along in my second one when time ran out on my demo. I am not one to buy collectors edition and since I have credits I will just wait until the regular edtiion comes out before I get it.
I read some comments on the Facebook aspect......the way it pops up and ask you if you want to "send" a friend some shoes, but since all you have to do is close the window it's not that big a deal. I don't do Facebook and it would have been nicer if there was a little box to click that says don't show me this again.....but it really did not take anything away from the game for me. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the regular version to come out.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Feb 21, 10 10:02 AM
The facebook thing didn't faze me a lot. I don't even have a facebook account and simply closed the windows.

The game was a bit easier than all the other DD games I played. (Still haven't finished the "Seasonal Snack Pack", because of the one frustrating level I even can't get the goal.) But for me, who is mainly playing HOGs, the difficulty level was enough. I still have to replay some levels to make the expert goal and haven't played all the bonus levels.

[Post New]by strawbos on Feb 21, 10 12:46 PM
I feel ripped off. Yes, there are lots of bells and whistles but it was so very EASY. I finished expert on every single level in a matter of a few hours, just as fast as I could go through them. It is silly to highlight the table where the colors go and make everything so obvious. Half the fun of Diner Dash was the challenge of this. DD5 is great mouse clicking practice but for the hefty price tag I'm really disappointed and feel like sucker for paying it Wish I could get a refund.

[Post New]by pcowan on Feb 21, 10 1:44 PM
strawbos wrote:I feel ripped off. Yes, there are lots of bells and whistles but it was so very EASY. I finished expert on every single level in a matter of a few hours, just as fast as I could go through them. It is silly to highlight the table where the colors go and make everything so obvious. Half the fun of Diner Dash was the challenge of this. DD5 is great mouse clicking practice but for the hefty price tag I'm really disappointed and feel like sucker for paying it Wish I could get a refund.

With you all the way... absolute rip off.. $20 for two hrs entertainment? not what I am used too...

[Post New]by strawbos on Feb 21, 10 2:29 PM

pcowan wrote: With you all the way... absolute rip off.. $20 for two hrs entertainment? not what I am used too...

Yeah, "we been had". lol

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 2:31:31 PM PST

Saturnmiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Saturnmiss on Feb 21, 10 2:44 PM
I really must say I loved this game. I have tried all the DD at one time or another and some were so hard I couldn't handle the 1hr trial. This was nice. Not to frustrating. Had to do some of the later levels a couple of time to make expert but was very enjoyable doing so. I really liked that the upgrades weren't so expense that it took forever to buy them.
The addition of the other "helper" friends was really nice and helped add cash as they keep things moving very quickly.
The added disasters keep things interesting so the seat and eat didn't get boring.
But I must agree the Facebook shoe thing was a little annoying. Especially as you couldn't just skip it so that it didn't keep coming up.
I would highly recommend this one!

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Feb 21, 10 8:03 PM
I love the Diner Dash series. i found some of the earlier versions very difficult toward the end. However, this is the easiest Diner Dash game ever. I loved the extras that you had to complete while serving tables, and I also liked hiring friends to help. But I found it way to easy and not challenging enough to make me want to keep trying. I bought the game (the collector's edition). There are some bonus levels, so I don't know if these are the extra "games" you get when you purchase the collector's edition. Unless by getting expert in all games and bonus games you unlock another set of 10 games (which I seriously doubt, based on the story line), the collector's edition probably isn't worth it.

I have a FB account, but didn't use it for the game. I thought it was useless and annoying.

nardia
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nardia on Feb 22, 10 1:39 AM
Unfortunately, I found this DD game to be quite disappointing, especially for a "collectors edition". I wish I had something more positive to say about it, but I was bored within the first ten minutes. Sorry

Go to: