Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Feb 19, 10 3:41 AM
While the graphics and information are nice, I also find rocks that are not among rocks a bit aggravating. There was one rock in the top of the arbor, the same color as the arbor. I would never have found it save for the help.

As for puzzles, that is a lot of what this game is about. It's hidden objects and puzzles.

Also agree that the pointer to go from place to place is sometimes iffy. You have to get it in just the right place.

After placing all the gems in the correct places, nothing happened. When I left, they all went back into my inventory. Not sure yet what to do about that.

Aside from all that, it just doesn't seem to pique my interest.

drgnflyluvr4, it is okay that you think the game sucks, but why not tell us why you think it sucks? No explanation does not help anyone with deciding if they will buy the game. Please expound.

daisimai
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by daisimai on Feb 19, 10 3:52 AM
Love the graphics, hidden objects and puzzles are ok, but with no skip and only 3 chances to complete the puzzles before starting over, this is a no buy for me. Maybe when it hits the DD I'll buy, but there are a lot more games on my list that I can play without getting frustrated due to the slowness of the puzzles and having to start them all over again.

No glitches here, game ran rather smoothly, but did find that if you didn't have your cursor in the right spot, you couldn't exit a scene, even with the map.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

Re:Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal How to start?

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 19, 10 4:32 AM
I have spent 5 minutes moving around the wall can see sparkle says collect gems, i just do no know what to do next (yes i am a bit thick) any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by katieoconnor on Feb 19, 10 4:38 AM
I don't like the way the puzzle on the wall once you get inside only gives you 3 chances to find the matches before having to retry...its really fustrating! anyone help?

[Post New]by Snakey_poo on Feb 19, 10 4:58 AM
Although I enjoyed this game I found it to be way too short. I completed it in about 2½ hours.

Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Louky on Feb 19, 10 5:34 AM
Why are games starting to show you where hidden objects are with sparkles?
I don't understand that.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Feb 19, 10 5:49 AM
vicalana wrote:How DO you solve the lion puzzle? I turned them all away thinking then there would be no more water, but it didn't work. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thought the rock and jewel scene were dire. Not a good game. Certainly won't be buying. Agree with most of you here - no skip button and a ridiculous penalty for wrong clicking - especially as the graphics are so awful.
wful.

You have to turn them all until they are all squirting water AWAY from the fountain. Sometimes you click on one lion and it affects another so it takes a bit of patience to get them all in the right sequence.

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Feb 19, 10 5:56 AM
I'm about 20 minutes into the trial and already hit a bug. On the gem puzzle, you have to right-click to rotate the gems and it doesn't work!

I also hate that there's no skip button!!! The scenery is pretty and all, but there's no way I'd buy this game .

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 19, 10 5:58 AM
Guess I am with all you other fishies .... love the graphics ... but very little direction. After getting the butterflies what in the world do I do with them. Never do like game cursers, circling cursers, etc. especially after 3 wrong clicks. Had no problems with the puzzles so far, but with no skips .. do not want to come upon a puzzle I can not do after putting out money ...

So at this time, this is a Seattle thumbs down for me..

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Feb 19, 10 6:09 AM
More drivel. Give me a break!

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Feb 19, 10 6:22 AM
i cant even find where to place flowers

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 19, 10 6:23 AM
Yeah, I got through every stage (including the lion statues) and have 4 butterflies and a scroll and am staring at a pool before the Taj Mahal with 5 colored pillars in it & have no clue what to do next. And the games' navigation is less than desirable.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 19, 10 6:31 AM
Coronagold wrote:Yeah, I got through every stage (including the lion statues) and have 4 butterflies and a scroll and am staring at a pool before the Taj Mahal with 5 colored pillars in it & have no clue what to do next. And the games' navigation is less than desirable.

That is where I quit and deleted the demo. Bummer as I loved the graphics,

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Feb 19, 10 6:33 AM
Coronagold wrote:Yeah, I got through every stage (including the lion statues) and have 4 butterflies and a scroll and am staring at a pool before the Taj Mahal with 5 colored pillars in it & have no clue what to do next. And the games' navigation is less than desirable.

I'm in exactly the same place. With absolutely no idea of what to do. No sparkles anywhere to indicate what to do with the butterflies and/or the scroll. Tried all the areas on the map... I've rather enjoyed it so far, but doubt I'll buy until there's a walkthrough to help with situations like ours.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Feb 19, 10 7:13 AM
The Taj is so beautiful I wanted to play this game, but when I got to the matching bricks that wouldn't turn over I just gave up. Just not well designed and tested -- too frustrating!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Feb 19, 10 7:39 AM
No skip, no buy for me. I don't think I'm even going to demo because of the no skip button. That simon mini game will get me everytime.

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Feb 19, 10 7:45 AM
Having just seen a documentary on the Taj Mahal, I was very excited to play the game. However, I am deleting it after fewer than 20 minutes of playing. Find the rocks? What @#*%^ rocks? I've clicked on every one of the rocks around the flowers, and absolutely nothing happens! There's no hint button on this puzzle. I give up!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Feb 19, 10 7:47 AM
i also have given up at repeating the sequence at the pool and its such a shame because i had started to like the game

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Feb 19, 10 8:02 AM
Played the game for almost the full free hour. HOG games are not always supposed to be easy and even though (from what I have played) it seems easy in some spots it is also hard in other spots.

I turn up the brightness and contrast the whole way up on any game that I am trying out or have purchased.

This game's puzzles are fairly easy to get through and perhaps that is why there is no "skip" button there. Played at least 4 of them and all it takes is an eye to start to figure them out.

I know a lot of people are complaining about there not being a skip button but really now! The puzzles are easy.

I, personally, like the game and will probably purchase it. I like a challenge once in a while and if it is too easy or there is always a skip button, what is the sense in looking for HOG games?

Sorry people but seems to me that a lot of you just want easy ones. Easy, skip puzzle games are for those that apparently do not care for the challenge of the game itself. And perhaps it is that I have grown up solving mysteries that this game comes easy for me.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Feb 19, 10 8:22 AM
I like a game to challange me and I get disappointed if I buy a game that ends up to easy so it's not that I want an easy game. The reason why I personally want a skip option is because I have 6 games that I have already bought that are only half way through because I had to quit due to no skip option. Sometimes they have mini games that require the gamer to be fast with the mouse or some puzzle that just can not be fiqured out ( even by a kid, lol ). I rarely use hints or skips because I want to experiance the game. But I really don't get into buying a game and not being able to complete it because of one puzzle that eludes me.

Go to: