Re:Welcome to Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal forum

[Post New]by glohop48657 on Feb 19, 10 5:45 PM
I cant get started either, I have no hint light and can only go to two screens, thought I would like this game I am an avid big fish fan but wish someone could tell me what is going on with this game, should I delete and redownload?? *eeeeeeeeeee hate this mess. makes me want to quit also.

[Post New]by glohop48657 on Feb 19, 10 5:57 PM
just tryed to play again no luck can only go to two screens one with find the flowers and one with find the jewels no flowers and no jewels in either sceen so guess I dont buy this one, downloaded the try for an hour and used 40 mins doing nothing and getting nowhere. no hints no sceens no nothing glad I didnt buy this game or there would have been a big storm at the customer service place. no go on this game.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Feb 19, 10 7:05 PM
One of the most confusing and least helpful games I've played in a long time. Was stuck on the "torches" puzzle so long I finally quit and deleted the program. Would never purchase without some sort of walkthrough/help.

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Feb 19, 10 10:45 PM
I actually played for 52 minutes before I gave up and could go no longer. I say we don't buy this game and the people who made it learn a lesson from us. Bad, bad game.

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Feb 19, 10 10:48 PM
And Oh thank God I did not buy it.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Feb 19, 10 11:41 PM
I got to the same time spot exactly as cathmaree before I stopped. I ran into the torch puzzle and since there was no way I could get past it I just quit. I feel, though, that I should have stopped after the first five minutes! I guess I am either a glutton for punishment or I like to try to give a game a fair shot so I played on.

The writing was gorgeous and I think the storyline is good, but that is about all I have to say that is positive. The scenes were pretty, but the hidden objects were so obscure they were almost impossible to see in the beginning. Later into the game they were so obvious I didn't even need to see the list. Although, I have to say after the frustration in the beginnning it was a nice change. The play is confusing and I couldn't figure out what to do once I got the gems, flowers, and key until I looked here on the forum for help.

The hints were too slow in refilling and it was frustrating for the cursor to go out after only three clicks. I didn't have any problems with the minigames until the torch game, but it is frustrating not to be able to move in the game unless you can get through a minigame. Everyone isn't good at the same minigames so it is kind of a punishment to expect everyone to be able to get through them all. If it weren't for the poor hint system, yucky hidden object scenes in the beginning, and the lack of a skip button for the minigames, this might have been an enjoyable game. As it is though, there is no way I would purchase it.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Feb 20, 10 12:00 AM
I was really looking forward to this game but am very disappointed with only the first 30mins. I won't be buying it unless there is a walkthrough. I have used up 60mins trial just by trying to get around. The help is not helpful, spend too much time looking for the arrow to get to another location and then I keep ending up in the same location. What a shame, they have messed this up. I agree with the other comments.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Feb 20, 10 12:41 AM
Well, I must say that I like the game a lot ! I just played the "one free hour" so I don't know if it's worth buying it, because I don't like very short games.. There is no walkthrough for the moment, I can't see the length of it that way !
The puzzles are not too difficult and some of them are innovative.. Don't give up..In real adventure games you can't skip either

PS Is there someone who played the game and knows how long it is ? I would like to know before buying it !

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 12:41:39 AM PST

Feb272007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Feb272007 on Feb 20, 10 3:41 AM
This game is frustrating and needs a blog walkthrough. This would help so many of us who get stuck. The game does not let you know when you need to find another piece of each puzzle. It is difficult, but I keep working at it.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 20, 10 5:26 AM
glohop48657 wrote:just tryed to play again no luck can only go to two screens one with find the flowers and one with find the jewels no flowers and no jewels in either sceen so guess I dont buy this one, downloaded the try for an hour and used 40 mins doing nothing and getting nowhere. no hints no sceens no nothing glad I didnt buy this game or there would have been a big storm at the customer service place. no go on this game.

Not sure if this is the place you mean or not, but sounds like it's the same spot where I was stuck. Until I discovered that the cursor arrow would point down when moved toward the bottom of the screen. That's the place to go. Click on down cursor, and in next location, you can click to left or right to enter two different locations. In one (to the right, I think) you'll find the flowers for the bouquet, and all the jewels needed for the jewel puzzle EXCEPT one. The last jewel will appear after you've completed the lion fountain puzzle.

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 5:27:26 AM PST

lazdaze
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lazdaze on Feb 20, 10 7:24 AM
Why doesn't BFG tell us when games are short? You tell us when they are long. I have wasted money on several games just to have them end shortly after the trial period. Come on; give us a break. Stop wasting our money.

rana1901
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rana1901 on Feb 20, 10 8:55 AM
this game is impossible. I am going to uninstall it until there is a walkthrough

[Post New]by MICHAELJOHN on Feb 20, 10 9:35 AM
I am in the butterfly garden with a white butterfly and a green one and don't know where they go. Can someone help please.

[Post New]by JDfromBC on Feb 20, 10 10:06 AM
I love this game. But now I too am stuck. I only found 2 butterflies for the pond and can't find the rest. Anybody??

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 20, 10 11:09 AM
Finally a game with a challenge! It's nice to play a game where you actually have to 'struggle' to move forward. Finding my way through the game is frustrating in a good way. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I 'stumble' on another area of game play. I don't know how long this game is and don't really care. The pleasure that it has given me in the first hour of game play is worth the purchase price! I personally enjoy the sound of a strumming guitar when you click on an item that is correct. Not so partial to the sound when clicking on a wrong item but I just try not to click on anything unless I'm relatively sure it's the right one. The music is repetitive and annoying so I turned it almost off. Would that I could do the same in Indian restaurants - love the food, but not so much the music.

The graphics are clean, some items very difficult to find and have had to use the hint button twice so far. I love jigsaw puzzles, so the unique puzzle play is great.

All in all, this game is a keeper for me and am off to buy it now. I'm sorry there are a lot of negative comments about it. Personally I love a challenge.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 20, 10 11:12 AM
JDfromBC wrote:I love this game. But now I too am stuck. I only found 2 butterflies for the pond and can't find the rest. Anybody??

JD.. Have you found the garden where you have to collect the large white butterfly and large other color (sorry I forget) plus 10 or 20 other butterflies?

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 20, 10 12:03 PM
Picturing a sound tech head-banging as he amp'd up the bass on the Indian music....WOW what a misfit that was LOL Graphix meh nothing spectacular, merely adequate, could've done w/ some crispness esp w/ the subject matter w/ which it dealt. It's really not doing the Taj Mahal justice. If you're going to pick a world-reknowned spot famous for its beauty, you'd best make sure your art team is up to the task. Considering that, I found graphix to be an epic fail. I could pop into PSP & draw better flowers than those blurs. Really think this was one spot where replication was a bad idea & actual photos would've been better used. This was a disappointing aspect & set a sad tenor for the game.

The map was not a navigational thing as it has been in other IHOGs, so why bother w/ it? And there was so much effort put into drawing it PMSL it was just sad. Game was big on bossing you around for totally controlling your HOs searches, yet not so hot on where to go or what to do next. Definitely a walkthru or a streak of masochism needed to proceed as the HOs are super-tiny & direction nonexistent. The hint was a slow reloader, but if you sat there a minute one of the HOs would twinkle at you. This type of hand-holding is better suited to a child's game & rather ludicrous when compared to its total lack of any other instructions. The font was cool in isolation, like for the title or typing in your name, but a whole paragraph or more was just too hard on the eyes w/ its busyness. I think this game is one major design flaw after the other all rolled into one mess. You'd think w/ such a visual medium devs would GET that already. Seems as if they were more impressed w/ themselves than w/ actual sales. Didn't see any way to skip puzzles, either, another thing that won't sell. Nothing more irritating than constantly consulting a walkthru for that. Challenging is one thing; not being able to play w/o a smooth flow another entirely. This may be a HOG LFA ppl enjoy more than HOGgers.

[Post New]by JDfromBC on Feb 20, 10 1:54 PM
meisie99 wrote:
JDfromBC wrote:I love this game. But now I too am stuck. I only found 2 butterflies for the pond and can't find the rest. Anybody??

JD.. Have you found the garden where you have to collect the large white butterfly and large other color (sorry I forget) plus 10 or 20 other butterflies?

Yes I did, it said I got them all at the time...

whatnext
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by whatnext on Feb 20, 10 3:33 PM
PLEASE.....we need a walk thru. Why do you even put them out without one? Come on.....will there be a walk through or have I wasted my money?

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 3:34:17 PM PST

blossom14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by blossom14 on Feb 20, 10 5:35 PM
Hi, I am enjoying this game so far but have found myself stuck.

After some problems I have placed all the jewels and now have the dove. The message says to let the symbol of their love free which I am assuming is the deove however despite trying all scenes open to me I am unable to find where or how to release the dove to move on.

Any suggestions would be helpful and I too would like to know how long the game is to decide on whether to purchase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Go to: