amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Welcome EOTD, Developer for Silverback Games!!

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 19, 10 8:13 PM
woo hoo, doing the happy dance. think i will go to bed now since it is 11:12 pm here on the east coast, so i can get up at 3:00 am to play.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 19, 10 8:14 PM
Welcome Willie, may your game be a 'huge success' and we should see tomorrow ... one thing is certain, us fishies are not shy when it comes to write a review, some of us (not me) have quite a sharp eye and logic in analyzing a game... but if you have been reading us a bit than you have a good 'headstart'

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 19, 10 8:17 PM
i just googled the game and the screen shots look great and here is what the game says

* Over 140 breathtaking scenes
* Immersive and unique object and relic hunting
* Beautiful, elaborate puzzles in the enchanted underwater kingdom

looks like a very good game, and may be lengthy too if there are 140 scenes

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Feb 19, 10 8:22 PM
Wecome to the pond EOTD, as a developer for games please remember that a lot of us have old computers .Looking forward to your games .

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 19, 10 8:22 PM
The game will have it's own topic in the All Games Forum area, and you can bet you'll be getting a LOT of feedback there - good and bad and everything in between. The game sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to try it!

Welcome to the forum! So nice to see a developer here and paying attention to what the public wants

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Feb 19, 10 8:23 PM
And old eyes!!

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Feb 19, 10 8:24 PM
I don't think I can stay awake until 2AM, but I will certainly grab it first thing in the morning.

Nice website for Silverback. I see you are located in Nova Scotia. That means the English texts should be good. I know a lot of fish are turned off by the poor translations coming from some of the European developers. Any projected release dates for Ben and Kranky or Project White Calf? They both look interesting.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Feb 19, 10 8:53 PM
Welcome Willie! (And MMadien -- I was groaning outloud as I read the wet willie thingie) -- just popped over to your sight and I must say the artwork alone has me sold!! It has a Benoit Sokal feel to it! Very impressive! The Ark sounds kinda interesting and the two shots on the site are also impressive. Are you the artist for both games? They look similar -- Just curious!!

Anyways -- on artwork alone I'll have to try it out! The story sounds fairly intriguing and since we seem to be having a week of sleeping heroines I'm banking that yours is going to be the best!!

Jule

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Feb 19, 10 8:58 PM
Welcome EOTD! It sounds like a fun game - looking forward to checking it out. Thank you again for checking in for feedback!

kitten61758
Stingray
Stingray
5,603 Posts

[Post New]by kitten61758 on Feb 19, 10 9:07 PM
Welcome to the pond EOTD

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Feb 19, 10 9:07 PM
juliamadeane wrote:Welcome Willie! (And MMadien -- I was groaning outloud as I read the wet willie thingie) -- just popped over to your sight and I must say the artwork alone has me sold!! It has a Benoit Sokal feel to it! Very impressive! The Ark sounds kinda interesting and the two shots on the site are also impressive. Are you the artist for both games? They look similar -- Just curious!!

Anyways -- on artwork alone I'll have to try it out! The story sounds fairly intriguing and since we seem to be having a week of sleeping heroines I'm banking that yours is going to be the best!!

Jule

Actually "the Ark" was the working title of "Empress of The Deep".

I am just one of five artists. Glad to hear that you like the art,

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 19, 10 9:14 PM
Hi Willie
it sounds like a great game just a tiny weeny question DOES IT HAVE A SKIP ON PUZZLES THAT WE EITHER DO NOT LIKE OR JUST CANNOT SOLVE. If so I will be a buyer as you have made the time to see us, I will definate buy.

Cheers

lineck

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Feb 19, 10 9:21 PM
lineck wrote:Hi Willie
it sounds like a great game just a tiny weeny question DOES IT HAVE A SKIP ON PUZZLES THAT WE EITHER DO NOT LIKE OR JUST CANNOT SOLVE. If so I will be a buyer as you have made the time to see us, I will definate buy.

Cheers

lineck

Don't worry

Press hint 1 x = get a hint.

Press hint 2 x = skip.

(As a player I like the option to skip puzzles so we included it.. but we worked hard on a unique hint system so hopefully you'll give the hints a chance)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 19, 10 9:43 PM
Welcome EOTD Willie.

Skip and hints sound good, I'll be first to jump on the Demo at midnight my PST west coast. Visited your site, like cartoon graphics too on others.

My main holdback is usually underwater scenes, blue on blues, these old eyes struggle with them and usually uninstall, eyestrain. But yours looks worth giving a try. Good luck on new endeaver and reviews. It must be a real challenge trying to please different player abilities and so many OP systems, so take heart re the honesty.

Hope to see your other games on BF soon too.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Feb 19, 10 9:55 PM
Oh goody!

Sounds like I've got another game to add to my Try It Out list.

deztoy
Flounder
Flounder
2,466 Posts

[Post New]by deztoy on Feb 19, 10 10:14 PM
Thank you EOTD and welcome to the pond.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Feb 19, 10 10:28 PM
I am Soooo excited I'm wiggling like a happy puppy this sounds so good!Welcome to the pond Willie and thanks for coming in to answer questions,that always makes me likely to buy a game,but it seldom happens that I am aware of.

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Feb 19, 10 11:07 PM
Welcome to the Pond Willie

So glad you could stop by for a chat before your game comes out tomorrow...Was very thoughtfull and a nice surprize...Since i'm on the west coast i only have to stay up till midnight to have a chance to demo your new game and if it's as good as it sounds i have a game credit ready and waiting to be used, so we'll soon see...And i'll be sure to add my comments about the game after demo is done...So i'll see you at 1:05...

Willie reminds me of the show about the orca whale that the kids set free...So i think Free Willie is much better then Wet Willie...

insane

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 19, 10 11:15 PM
Looking forward to it!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 20, 10 12:19 AM
Waves to Wet Willie I am off to try the game, the screen shots look gorgeous - I love good looking graphics in a game. Also happy it's an IHOG - my favourite type of game. Will report back later.

Go to: