Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by Hagar98 on Jul 21, 16 5:21 PM
Running Windows 10. I cannot get the camera to work when the fog appears at the gates near the mansion. I frame it and click and nothing happens.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by pindar on Jul 22, 16 2:37 AM
Again no windowed mode. No buy.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 22, 16 7:44 AM
I am running Windows 10. I purchased the game. There are issues I ran into while playing. Collecting fruit in baskets. I could only play and select fruit in the middle or top if the screen. The bottom 3 rows and columns to the right and left were frozen. Lighting the candle in the beginning, could light it but could not move it through the requested motions. Candle would not move but a small bit and it would drop from my "hand" if I moved it to the place where needed. These are glitches within the game. Please fix and send a patch. I really like this game, hate that it is having problems.

[Post New]by clovis77 on Jul 22, 16 10:50 AM
Yet again, another access error!! Not the first time this has happened since upgrading to windows 10!! Cannot play any ERS games & I have bought them all! However I won't bother sending any DrFelix results in as all you get is a 'sorry' message, a code for a free game (with an unbelievably short usage date) and NO UPDATES or PATCHES to fix the problem!!

It is apparent to me that the ERS devs do not care enough to sort out these problems so I for one will not bother with them anymore. Wonder how many customers will also refuse to buy any more games from them?!

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jul 22, 16 1:09 PM
A1psyko wrote:I am running Windows 10. I purchased the game. There are issues I ran into while playing. Collecting fruit in baskets. I could only play and select fruit in the middle or top if the screen. The bottom 3 rows and columns to the right and left were frozen. Lighting the candle in the beginning, could light it but could not move it through the requested motions. Candle would not move but a small bit and it would drop from my "hand" if I moved it to the place where needed. These are glitches within the game. Please fix and send a patch. I really like this game, hate that it is having problems.

+1 This ^^

[Post New]by wilhelmine61 on Jul 22, 16 10:28 PM
my screen went blank a couple of times but I turned off pc then opend pc and it was fine. now I just need to find the were the bonus game is located .any help would be great.thank you

[Post New]by patjames904 on Jul 23, 16 7:08 PM
I cannot get the game to accept the three horseshoes no matter where I place them on the screen. I am using Vista.

Edited on 07/23/2016 at 7:09:16 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 23, 16 8:50 PM
A1psyko wrote:I am running Windows 10. I purchased the game. There are issues I ran into while playing. Collecting fruit in baskets. I could only play and select fruit in the middle or top if the screen. The bottom 3 rows and columns to the right and left were frozen. Lighting the candle in the beginning, could light it but could not move it through the requested motions. Candle would not move but a small bit and it would drop from my "hand" if I moved it to the place where needed. These are glitches within the game. Please fix and send a patch. I really like this game, hate that it is having problems.

I am having exactly the same problems playing on Windows XP

I was able to do the fruit game because I got enough in the upper rows, but the candle I had to skip, I could not get it into the track.

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Jul 23, 16 11:12 PM
Also experiencing the "take photo" crash on mac. Going to try an uninstall/install and see if it fixes the issue.

Edit: An uninstall/install did fix the issue, it seems. I did crash one more time after that, but was still able to continue after reopening the game.

Edited on 07/25/2016 at 12:05:57 AM PST

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Jul 24, 16 10:29 PM
I am playing on a MAC. It's been going pretty smoothly until I try to make the potion for rust remover...I can't arrange the herbs correctly. I have done everything else, I checked the guide, but I cannot switch the herbs around into the correct of three containers... please fix or advise. Thank you!

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Jul 25, 16 4:31 AM
Kayen59 wrote:Game crashes to desktop right after taking the photo. Using Mac OS 10.11.15.

herbh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by herbh on Jul 25, 16 8:29 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

using mac os10.11.5. -can't access extra game after finishing main game

Edited on 07/25/2016 at 8:30:11 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 25, 16 12:23 PM
Screen turns black, freezes sometimes, cursor works SOMETIMES. Need I continue? It seems to me the developers have added so much extra or maybe even 1 feature that makes no difference in quality, but it makes it impossible to play. Too bad, again, because I enjoyed their earlier games. Beautiful graphics, great story and good vo's
Again, a no buy. Windows xp

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by fivhan on Jul 29, 16 1:54 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

This game will not open keeps giving me an error message

[Post New]by fivhan on Jul 29, 16 1:55 AM
window 10

[Post New]by fivhan on Jul 30, 16 12:10 AM
I am getting error message: access violation AT 0X02E10050 (TRIED TO READ 0XFFFFFFFF) PROGRAM TERMINATED

[Post New]by fivhan on Jul 30, 16 12:18 AM
i HAVE BEEN PLAYING YOUR GAMES FOR A FEW YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE

[Post New]by frisky53 on Jul 30, 16 5:57 PM
soon as I lit the candle at the gate the error 809 comes and tells me there is a run time error

[Post New]by frenchysandi on Jul 31, 16 1:09 PM
windows 10, TRIED TO OPEN GAME GOT THIS ERROR MESSAGE.
Error; Access Violation at 0x030E0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF),PROGRAM TERMINATED give me a way to fix this or I want money back!

[Post New]by Parrotfish on Aug 1, 16 8:04 AM
There is a problem with the bucket. I've collected all the parts and put the bucket together but it is not shown in the inventory. The only thing in the inventory is the bucket bottom. Clicking on the bucket bottom brings up the completed bucket but you can't retrieve it. Clicking on Hint shows the bucket bottom and we go round again. What happened to the completed bucket?

Go to: