JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret technical issues

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 20, 10 2:22 PM
Plays perfectly on my laptop. So it goes on the maybe list. In another post, someone said replayability is low as objects are exactly the same. That does affect my choice as replayablility is important to me. Otherwise I would definitely buy it.
Funny how some games will play on my laptop and others on the desktop. Both are about the same age both have built in graphic cards but those cards are different makes.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 20, 10 3:32 PM
Playing very well on my windows 7......no problems what so ever.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Feb 20, 10 6:15 PM
I also have the red box. The game started OK, but after a while I got the blue screen of death. I deleted & reinstalled. Blue screen again - 3 times. So it was trashed. Time left was still showing as 60 min. That always means the game is corrupt. I really wanted to demo this.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 20, 10 6:33 PM
culady i am also having the same issues with the game i got the blue screen when trying to reinstall the game. i wish someone would fix this so i can play too.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 20, 10 6:39 PM
I got the red box too, but was still able to demo the game. Don't know if I'll buy.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 20, 10 8:04 PM
lineck wrote:I also have the red box after looking at the forum the red box relates to a beta testing game so as advised I deleted and re installed but still have red box, it is playing okay no problems so far. Not sure what I should do, contunue or contact CS because of the red box?????

Cheers
lineck

I have the red box as well in my games manager.

The only other problem I had was the volume was up full blast and I could barely hear it (the volume is up full blast on my computer as well) so if they could just change that in an update I would REALLY appreciate it!

dawnssis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dawnssis on Feb 20, 10 9:20 PM
I got the red box too. Ran fine but when I exited the game to go buy it, it shut my computer down. when I went back into the manager, it said I had 60 minutes left to play. I was going to delete/reinstall and hit play by mistake and had to control alt delete to quit and it shut my computer down again. I sure hope they fix this game because I was enjoying it.

klinder369
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by klinder369 on Feb 20, 10 9:40 PM
I bought this game and I'm getting the red box. Also, it wouldn't let me exit the game. I had to go into Task Manager and close the game that way.

Someone needs to fix this.

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on Feb 20, 10 10:19 PM
Im having the same problems as JoyWales, game runing slow and mouse cursor lags a lot behind what I'm doing. Have finished the hour demo and am wanting to know if others think this is a game worth buying and putting up with the time lags

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 20, 10 10:26 PM
I am on Vista Home Edition and when the game is done and I finished the game I go to quite it will not let me unless I use the Task Manager. I get the Red Box in the Game Manager but the Icon on the screen.

Edited on 02/20/2010 at 10:28:06 PM PST

c41brenda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c41brenda on Feb 21, 10 12:28 AM
I can't even get it to download at all. running windows 7 on all new computer. All drivers are updated...etc. I tried to fix the "compatibility" but you need the disc to do that if you don't already have it on the computer hard drive. Unfortuneatly I was so excited by the looks of the preview pics that I went ahead and bought before trying. my bad... won't happen again.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 21, 10 2:26 AM
i have the red box so came back to forums to check that it was ok to use, went back clicked to play blank screen, tried again same, took game off and downloaded again and it is working fine, just find it is a little fuzzy but that could be me.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 21, 10 3:01 AM
ssandygirl wrote:
BarbLeigh wrote:Another game that doesn't work and I bought this one too. I get black lines flashing and moving on the screen. This is happening all too often lately.

I agree. Many of the new games are doing this for me. Does anyone have an idea why, or a fix for it? I run Windows 7.

Have you contacted Customer Service. It is the green envelope on the right sife of the screen. i have been playing here for over 3 years and have had very few problems, but when I have, I contacted them and they have been a Great help..

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Feb 21, 10 3:30 AM
I think I've reached the ultimate in glitches - running Windows 7 on a laptop I had no problems at all until just before the end of the game (judging by what was happening at the time). Not only did the game crash, it also deleted all my progress and my profile; I don't think I can face running through the whole thing again - not for some weeks, anyway. The trouble with this sort of glitch is that fixing it isn't much of a consolation...not everything can be 'fixed' with a patch.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Feb 21, 10 3:33 AM
kelvy0303 wrote:Windows XP, runs just fine. Not even any issue with the custom cursor.

ByteSize
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by ByteSize on Feb 21, 10 11:23 AM
I can't run the game in windowed mode(I have Vista) and it's too dark to see anything in full screen(LOTS of games are too dark in full screen). I've tried changing my resolution both higher and lower and still nothing. I have the red box on my game manager instead of the usual game pic. I don't know what to do.

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 11:23:33 AM PST

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Feb 21, 10 11:25 AM
Mac version seems to be running perfectly. Great game!

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 21, 10 12:17 PM
I enjoyed the game. Can't wait until the "Continued" part II? I did have one problem. After I completed the game I couldn't exit the game. I did have to reboot.
I would like to see the Hidden objects to be a little more hidden, more challenging to find. Other than that, the game had no problems I have Vista.

tuezdaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by tuezdaye on Feb 21, 10 2:40 PM
I'm on WinXP Pro and had no issues throughout the game.

The one and only problem was at the very end. Couldn't Exit. None of the buttons in the Menu screen responded. Finally had to end task.

Great game!! by the way. Excellent story, wonderful graphics. I can't wait for the sequel.

[Post New]by mebain on Feb 21, 10 3:30 PM
i too get the red box in the game manager. when i try to play i get NOTHING..... does not even show up in task manager but DOES eat up the time on the demo. i have supposedly been playing for 4 minutes but all i have done is try to start the game and then have to shut down the computer to get out.....running XP and lately have been having issues with more of the games.
can't even get the beta of "dark earl" to run.....

Go to: