Mrs2lots1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Mrs2lots1 on Jul 23, 16 12:15 PM
LKlimo wrote:"Same problem here. I managed to finish the HO scene by playing the pair alternative."

Thanks, Cris! I'll try it!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mell0126 on Jul 23, 16 12:16 PM
LKlimo wrote:In the first HO scene, game locks up, an access violation appears and I have to use the task manager to close the game. And, of course, I purchased it because I played the demo for a short time and liked it. This needs to be fixed! Running Windows 8 and haven't had any problems before this one.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jul 23, 16 1:02 PM
MissMoraduke wrote:Well I have had a different problem, in the HOP scene where you open the toolbox with the three dials it froze up and I lost my cursor, and I was really enjoying the game and now was getting set to buy it, I have Windows 10 on an Alienware game computer, I had to shut down to get out of the game, I want to play it, I wonder if there will be fixes for these bugs.

Having exactly the same problem here. Screen froze and had to use Task Master to get out. Have Windows 7 Home Premium. I never normally have tech issues. I've already bought this game, so am going to try one more time and give up and delete it.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 23, 16 2:45 PM
charlene_lane wrote:
MissMoraduke wrote:Well I have had a different problem, in the HOP scene where you open the toolbox with the three dials it froze up and I lost my cursor, and I was really enjoying the game and now was getting set to buy it, I have Windows 10 on an Alienware game computer, I had to shut down to get out of the game, I want to play it, I wonder if there will be fixes for these bugs.

Having exactly the same problem here. Screen froze and had to use Task Master to get out. Have Windows 7 Home Premium. I never normally have tech issues. I've already bought this game, so am going to try one more time and give up and delete it.

Same thing happened to me. Went back into the game and was able to play through the Hidden Object Scene a second time with no problems.
Windows 10

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jul 23, 16 2:45 PM
JennyPerry wrote:
Game won't open. keep getting "access error" message. I am, running Windows 10.

Same as Ilkie ..

I uninstalled & re installed with no success . And I paid upfront too ..

I am having the same problem

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Jul 23, 16 4:41 PM
Playing on windows 10 and get an error access every time i try to play !!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 23, 16 8:39 PM
SERIOUS error issues and crashing. Won't be buying it.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 23, 16 9:14 PM
judging by the number of people reporting errors, glitches, crashing, etc. using windows 10 - not only on this game but many others - that is one of the reasons I will not upgrade to windows 10. Besides, I tried it, did not like win 10. I will stick with my windows 8.1 on a P.C. - very rarely have I had any problems with any games I d/l from BFG. Both my laptop & all-in-one have win 8.1 and I am quite happy with this version of windows. THANKS, BFG !

I am about half-way through this game - no issues whatsoever.

I know this is probably not the place to say this, but I live in a smaller city in Canada and have an excellent resource for computer issues from our local computer store - the 3 guys I deal with know my computers inside/out and they even make house calls if I have any problems !! I count my lucky stars.

Hope all of you who have had problems can get them resolved soon.

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Jul 23, 16 10:30 PM
I got all the way to the portal (yeah I bought the game) and no problems until then, now nothing is happening. The hint button won't work, I go to the portal, etc, nothing

NEVER MIND, FIGURED IT OUT!!.

Edited on 07/24/2016 at 7:54:29 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jul 24, 16 1:05 AM
I use Windows 8.1.
The game keeps freezing up on me, Windows tells me the program has stopped working, and then closes the program, and then I get a window come up saying there's an error code has anyone else had this problem?

What I tried was instead of doing looking for the objects, I did the pairs games instead, then it didn't stop working, I completed with out a problem, and I've been doing the pair side of the HOS with the rest of them.
I hope this helps others
[u]

Edited on 07/25/2016 at 1:43:33 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jul 24, 16 1:54 AM
Playing the demo on windows 10 and having same problem with the nail file, which has disappeared. The hint button has also stopped working. Will not be buying this game until the bugs have been fixed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 24, 16 4:00 AM
judy76073 wrote:judging by the number of people reporting errors, glitches, crashing, etc. using windows 10 - not only on this game but many others - that is one of the reasons I will not upgrade to windows 10. Besides, I tried it, did not like win 10. I will stick with my windows 8.1 on a P.C. - very rarely have I had any problems with any games I d/l from BFG. Both my laptop & all-in-one have win 8.1 and I am quite happy with this version of windows. THANKS, BFG !

I am about half-way through this game - no issues whatsoever.

I know this is probably not the place to say this, but I live in a smaller city in Canada and have an excellent resource for computer issues from our local computer store - the 3 guys I deal with know my computers inside/out and they even make house calls if I have any problems !! I count my lucky stars.

Hope all of you who have had problems can get them resolved soon.

Absolutely agree; I also declined the upgrade to Win10 because a) some of my programmes weren't compatible with it and b) I just didn't like it! Just got a re-furbished PC and still running Win7; I also have someone who knows my PC inside out and makes house calls if necessary. I'm lucky too!

I had no tech issues at all with this game. I've never been able to work out how I rarely have tech issues with any game, yet boat-loads of posts appear on a regular basis about various problems with so many games. What makes these games run perfectly on my PC and not on others; is it Housekeeping? PC Specs? Luck? Just incompatibility with Win10??

Very curious

[Post New]by 4leblanc on Jul 24, 16 8:17 AM
LKlimo wrote:In the first HO scene, game locks up, an access violation appears and I have to use the task manager to close the game. And, of course, I purchased it because I played the demo for a short time and liked it. This needs to be fixed! Running Windows 7 and haven't had any problems before this one.

Same exact thing for me, with the exception of I'm playing on Windows 10 instead of 7. I'm going to try the pair alternative and hope that works

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jul 24, 16 11:42 AM
Files disappeared now I cant open chest. Looked everywhere for them no luck. Time for a patch but I guess we will have to wait til after the sale!

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jul 24, 16 1:30 PM
I can not get it to download, said download error. Windows 10

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jul 24, 16 1:31 PM
I cannot get it to download, download error. Windows 10

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Jul 24, 16 1:41 PM
Same issue as several others. Keep getting "access error..." Cannot open game. Running Windows 10. Have had similar issues with about 3 other recent games. Never had these problems until I upgraded to Win 10 so I'm not inclined to place the blame on the game devs.

kiminwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kiminwa on Jul 24, 16 2:35 PM
Ditto, ditto, ditto. First HOP after the crash -- everything locks up, have to wait forever for windows to tell me the game is not responding or use CONT/ALT/DEL to get to task manager and force a shutdown.

Get the access message too.

Want to buy this game during the sale but that's not going to happen as the fix won't be out by midnight tonight... will just have to wait for the fix and try to finish the demo then wait for another sale. Not many new games lately that I want to purchase so this is a real bummer.

:-(

Using Windows 10 (upgrade) but that doesn't seem to matter at all as this failure is across all operating systems based on the thread.

Sigh...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 24, 16 4:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and report that you're finding a technical issue with this game. I wanted to swim by and talk about some of the reported issues being reported here such as an Access violation error being noticed as well as a freeze that happens fairly early in the game. When technical issues arise in a game, the Forum Moderation team will generally recommend our Help Page, as that is the fastest way to resolve common technical issues.

If you are running into an Access Violation message when trying to play this game, the following article could be helpful to try out:

Access Violation

If you are using Windows 10 and are having crashing or freezing issues, then I recommend checking out the following helpful link:

Windows 10

And if the above doesn't seem to work out or if you're not using Windows 10 or experiencing the access violation error, it might help to run the game as an Administrator to resolve the issues being seen. We have some steps on how to do that in the following article here:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you'd like to just get some personalized assistance, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, and they're always happy to help out with customized support.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and I hope this helps out.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 07/24/2016 at 4:52:37 PM PST

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Jul 24, 16 5:19 PM
Two issues: First, with the HO game in the plane. It gives an access error violation. I had to back out and go back in for it to work.
The biggest issue is with the lighter when it runs out of fuel. According to the guide, you were supposed to use alcohol at the village to fill it. I did not, and upon getting to the area below the monastery, I can't continue the game. You need to use the lighter, but the map will not let you retrace your steps back to the village to get the alcohol. So I am faced with having to start the whole thing over. Bummer!!!!!!! I am using windows 10.

Go to: