emandes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by emandes on Feb 26, 10 10:16 AM
Hi! Karen
I`d like to thank you for this great game, I am in the middle of chapter three and as a pensioner I am rather slow and it has taken me days to get this far and enjoying every minute. The problem is i`m now completely at a stop. I have in my inventory the two pieces of cauldren, the ladder for the scaffolding which I have been up to the cog but the ladder won`t stay in position, the crowbar which wont work on the well and I can`t now find the hazel twig that seems to have gone missing .
Please help I would hate to have to download to start again.

Thanks again.
Margo

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Feb 26, 10 3:37 PM
Welcome to the pond emandes!

I haven't been able to play the game yet, but I was able to find these tips in the Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Walkthrough

Use the long hook on the object in the water. It is another cauldron piece which can now be combined with the one you already have. Now that you have a crowbar, perhaps you should revisit the well on the chapel path to see if you can break open the chain. Use the crowbar on the well chain to open it and climb down the ladder to find the final cauldron piece. Combine this piece with the other cauldron piece and watch as it transforms into the Cauldron of Rebirth. The inscription on the cauldron says 'Give me the blood of Earth, I give thee Life. Maybe 'the blood of life' refers to underground water or a spring? Remember the article about dowsing for water on the pin board in the study. Maybe that hazel twig near the stable door would be useful now. Also note that Malcolm suggested a place for the new well might be near the workshop by one of the paths in that area. Take the hazel twig and right-click it from your inventory. Left click it to make it available for use as a dowsing rod. With the hazel stick in your hands, walk up from the yard between the 2 wooden fences. The hazel twig will twitch as you near the right place where a spring exists. When you get to the fork that leads to the standing stone, click once more forward to notice your hazel rod really twitching and a cog to the left. Right-click the hazel twig to put it back into inventory and place the cauldron on the cog. The cauldron immediately fills with spring water. Try filling the bottles from the cauldron. Nothing happens. Maybe they need labelling first.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

emandes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by emandes on Feb 27, 10 7:04 AM
Hi` Tigris

Thank you for your welcome and your quick response, I have referred to the walkthrough and returned to all the places nothing seems to work, I can`t get the third piece of cauldren because I can`t open the well and there is no hazel twig at the stable doorand the ladder will not stay in position at the scaffolding, Maybe I`ve missed something earlier any suggestion would helpful.

thanks again

Margo

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 27, 10 10:20 AM
Hi Margo

You do seem to be experiencing things that don't work but should. If you've got the crowbar then you should be able to get the well open. If you've got the ladder, then you should be able to place it where the cog is on the scaffolding. So something is amiss. If you read other threads in the forum, you'll see that others have had similar problems and eventually they get sorted out but I think the best thing you can do is log a problem with customer services and see what they advise. The hazel twig is (or should be) on the yard side of the stable. There are 2 doors into the stable so make sure you've checked on the ground outside both doors.

I hope you find a solution.

Karen

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Feb 27, 10 3:37 PM
kazkaz1957 wrote:
uaw1112 wrote:found secret diary...still stuck on computer password...arrrr!

The password is Dreamy Dylan...and be sure to use the caps as indicated

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Feb 27, 10 8:46 PM
Just wanted to say I LOVED this game and I really hope to see more like it in the future. No hidden objects or tricky timed puzzles, just a mystery and lots of logical thinking. I was sad when it ended!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 27, 10 9:18 PM
Played a half hour of the demo, with no problems. But yikes! I'm going to have to play this one in the DAYTIME. Too creepy for being alone in the house at night for sure, LOL!

[Post New]by cocopuff12 on Feb 28, 10 6:57 PM
Please help. I have found 2 pieces of the caldron-one in the pond and one in the well. where is the other piece? thanks any and all help.
saundra

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 1, 10 5:19 AM
cocopuff12 wrote:Please help. I have found 2 pieces of the caldron-one in the pond and one in the well. where is the other piece? thanks any and all help.
saundra

Have you been to the upstairs door to the terminus. You find the key in the down stairs part. There is a gap in the floor. you have to go back down stairs to get a plank. Put it over the gap and walk toward the flour sacks. There is a recess in the wall. The cauldron is there.

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 5:20:12 AM PST

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Mar 2, 10 12:13 PM
Hi
Can anyone clever out there answer my problem!
I want to delete my saved games, and start over, I tried binning, and reinstalling but the blighters where still there, I saved so many times, and would like to start over, so how the heck can I delete the sticky little things.
Cheers everyone!

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Mar 2, 10 3:43 PM
look in second book, its right there'''''''' and may I say read everything''''''''''''''''in and out !!!!takes notes,if you get stuck let me know all try and help,but the fun is finding all the clues,wicked hard but worth it,or it was to me.........

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Mar 2, 10 3:53 PM
maggotuk,,,,just start over.....i did,your saved games will go away when you reach them, and good to have them, just in case you have to refer back... keep notes it helps alot...................................wildvanillagirl

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 2, 10 4:56 PM
maggotUK wrote:Hi
I want to delete my saved games, and start over, I tried binning, and reinstalling but the blighters where still there, I saved so many times, and would like to start over, so how the heck can I delete the sticky little things.
Cheers everyone!

Hi Mags

I've left you a PM about this in more detail. The saves won't go away if you reinstall as the game creates a folder on your c: drive so that if you have to reinstall, you won't lose them. But see my PM for more info.
Karen

[Post New]by boredhousewife1 on Mar 3, 10 3:39 AM
Hi, I have eventually just finished "Rhiannon". I absolutely loved it, along with "Syberia" it's definately my favourite. It took me a good week and I did cave at one point and sneeked a peak at the walkthrough when trying to fathom the Terminus. But otherwise I enjoyed the challenge of trying to work things out, as, for a change, it was for the most part quite logical. Reading everything really does help as there are a lot of clues in letters, books,newspapers etc. The graphics were lovely and unlike some games I liked the point and click way of moving around, as some games make me feel queasy when you're turning. I found only one glitch, and that was when I incorrectly tried to combine the objects with their sounds and all my objects just disappeared completely. Fortunately I had saved the game minutes before when I answered 'my phone'. So I was able to reload from just before that scene. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did, it was good value for money. Don't be put off by the 1 hour free trial, it doesn't do it justice!

[Post New]by chumpygirl81 on Mar 4, 10 3:19 PM
I am in the beginning of Chapter 5 and I can't get the side door to the Mill open. Any advice???

[Post New]by Signing2Worship on Mar 4, 10 4:39 PM
Great game, but is there a patch for the error when you start day 2 and can't keep the crayons and paper in your inventory?

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Mar 4, 10 5:45 PM
maggotUK wrote:Hi
Cheers everyone!

I sent u a pm..

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 5, 10 4:39 PM
chumpygirl81 wrote:I am in the beginning of Chapter 5 and I can't get the side door to the Mill open. Any advice???

Hi

The door only opens from the inside of the mill. You'll need to travel there by boat from the terminus. Go up a floor from the boat and you'll see the door. It just needs you to click on the piece of wood that is holding it shut.

Hope that helps
karen

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 5, 10 4:41 PM
Signing2Worship wrote:Great game, but is there a patch for the error when you start day 2 and can't keep the crayons and paper in your inventory?

Hi

Not a patch exactly because the problem was in the saves from the trial. If you installed the full game but are using a save from the trial then it will cause this glitch. However, if you start again from a new game and ignore all your previous saves, it should run fine.

Hope that helps
Karen

[Post New]by saltonuph01 on Mar 6, 10 7:46 AM
cant find branch #4 its supposed to be on yhe right inside the blue gate but not there can anyone help with this?

Go to: