Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches technical issues

[Post New]by ka5ren on Feb 24, 10 6:10 AM
I just went to the workshop drawer. You were right and this did fix the problem. I am so sorry I jumped to conclusions! This is a great game and I love it! I haven't gotton dressed in 2 days! lol
However in my defense when putting my curser on the bottom drawer, it didn't turn into the "mechanical curser" so I had no idea I had to use an object there. Also the "lubricant" was on the second page of my inventory so I didn't even know I had it.
Thanks for your response. I know what I will be doing today. (all day)! lol

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 24, 10 6:35 AM
Hi Ka5ren

Thanks for letting me know - you had me worried

I had to giggle at the thought of you not having got dressed for two days.

You'll notice that the Mabinogion paper ends abruptly where you'd expect there to be more pages. Just a little hint for future chapters.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by sleepymommy9 on Feb 24, 10 10:13 AM
So I am at the end of chapter 5, I have all the items and all the sounds. The table is all aglow and my item bar and note bar are missing! I can't even save the game, my last save was at the end of chapter 3. Please tell me I don't have to do it all over again!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 24, 10 12:44 PM
Hi sleepymommy

Have you tried moving away from the table? Does that not enable the inventory screen again?

Please send me a PM then we can find a solution.

Thanks
Karen

[Post New]by Kittyg on Feb 24, 10 7:31 PM
I can't even get into Rhiannon's room! I am very unhappy with this game and will never purchase another from Big Fish!

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Feb 25, 10 5:24 AM
This is a lovely game, just stay with it, and think sideways LOL
Try everything, and keep track of your notes.It does all make sense, if a bit strange.
Im only on chapter 3 , and trying to work out the water/labels/cauldron,but that is part of the game.No technical glitches yet,(keeping finfgers crossed)
Enjoy

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Feb 25, 10 5:26 AM
KittyG
to get into Rhiannons room you have to enter a code
its the notes of the song, go downstairs and by the piano you will see the song sheet , use the inital letters

[Post New]by kjak24 on Feb 26, 10 12:13 PM
I have been able to store all items needed except the Native Trees book and Magical Properties of Trees. I clicked on them and they went to the inventory bar, but I can't find them or name the branches I find. Did I do something out of order?? I can't access the cabinet in the living room. How do I fix this??? I went back and played a second time and it still won't keep the books to identify the trees.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 26, 10 2:20 PM
kjak24 wrote:I have been able to store all items needed except the Native Trees book and Magical Properties of Trees. I clicked on them and they went to the inventory bar, but I can't find them or name the branches I find. Did I do something out of order?? I can't access the cabinet in the living room. How do I fix this??? I went back and played a second time and it still won't keep the books to identify the trees.

Hi kjak

No, you've not done anything wrong. If they went into your inventory but now they're missing and you're still in the earth chapter where you need them, then I suspect you've got the same problem as others have experienced.

When you say you went back and played a 2nd time, do you mean you went back to a previous save or you started again from a new game? And if you started again from a new game, did you reinstall the game first? It could be that's what you need to do as there is no reason why the books shouldn't be available. Please ask customer services for advice as they may know what works best.

Karen

Disappearing Cradle ad?

[Post New]by yorkdigger on Feb 28, 10 8:17 AM
Alright, I'm at the standing stone and bonding the sword, claw etc with their corresponding branches, I got to the cradle, added the Ad from the Furniture place, and then added what I though was the correct branch. I got the puff of smoke and laugh telling me I did it wrong. The branch (branch #4) popped back into my inventory, but the Ad is GONE. Not anywhere in my inventory. I even checked back to the entrance way to see if it was back under the newspaper. No dice. Also checked to see if it was still in the pit at the base of the stone but it will let me add two items again as if there is nothing there. HELP!

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Feb 28, 10 9:28 AM
Kittyg wrote:I can't even get into Rhiannon's room! I am very unhappy with this game and will never purchase another from Big Fish!

Maybe I can help, but I need more info. What is blocking you from her room? Are you at the correct room? The one next to her lab? Is it still locked?

SPOILER ALERT:

If you have not yet lit the fire and seen Rhiannon's note to Malcolm you will hear the door rattle but not be allowed in.

After you complete those tasks, leaving the lounge or study will prompt the sound of Rhiannon's door rattling, leading you back upstairs to investigate. As you try the door handle, the words 'Fetch Absent Child' appear on the door.

Do you have those words on the door? If so, you need to press certain letters on that door note. Need more help?

NEXT SPOILER ALERT:

It's the first notes from the song sheet on piano....

CFACAF

[Post New]by Zedda77 on Feb 28, 10 11:13 PM
Could someone please help me.. I just downloaded the Full Version and was trying to get into it to play and it is making me enter a registration name and a key before even getting into the game.. I don't have the information to enter and don't know where to get it from.. Please Help!!

floof
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by floof on Mar 1, 10 10:40 PM
I bought this game without using the trial version first. I have never done that before. I have never had technical problems until I downloaded this game. All systems are go in my computer but something is sure wrong. I went to the help pages and that did not help. When I get to the steps as soon as I enter the house it freezes. I have to manually turn off my computer. Should I reinstall the game? On all my games I am also able to hit the windows button to lower the game and check the walkthrough. Can't do that with this game at all. I want to play it so badly but sadly it won't let me. I paid for it in the full version and now nothing.Thanks for any responses.

[Post New]by willy380 on Mar 2, 10 8:19 AM
I installed the full version & got it downloaded. My problem is I have been all over the map & can not pick things up or put anything in my inventory. I have found branches all over the place in Chpater one but I can pick anything up. What am I doing wrong? Can't tell if I am going to have any problems as I can't get past the first chapter. Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 2, 10 4:47 PM
willy380 wrote:I installed the full version & got it downloaded. My problem is I have been all over the map & can not pick things up or put anything in my inventory. I have found branches all over the place in Chpater one but I can pick anything up. What am I doing wrong? Can't tell if I am going to have any problems as I can't get past the first chapter. Thanks for your help.

Hi

It is a feature of Rhiannon that things you don't need yet will only be able to be examined but won't go into inventory until you find a use for them. So long as you're not picking things up and they appear to go to inventory but then disappear, then the game is running ok.

Most of the action in chapter 1 is in the house so it's your mission in this chapter to find out just what's been happening to Rhiannon so that her parents have had to take her away from the farm. There are a few chores just to get you started but then you'll need to find your way into the door that won't open upstairs. There is stuff to do downstairs first though.

Hope that helps
Karen

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Mar 3, 10 10:04 PM
Oh boy, I wish I only had the problems you guys are talking about. I just bought the game tonight because it sounded so intriguing. I bought another game with it so both games came up on my Game Manager for download and install. Because the game is so big, I walked away for a bit to go to the bathroom and I was coming back when I thought I heard the "chime" that it was installed. However, I was blue screened! My computer shut down Windows saying an important file had been deleted or shut down. It mentioned that it could be software I had just installed.

As you can imagine, I was scared by the blue screen! I contacted customer support even before I tried to open the Game Manager again. When I did, it was fine but the game does not show up in "my games" tab. There's a blank icon on the desk and there is a folder in the program files folder on C drive. I have left both alone as I don't want to risk another blue screen. I'm waiting to hear from customer support.

It's unfortunate, but if it's not a simple fix, I can't risk being blue screened again. I just bought this computer because my motherboard got fried in my old one. I'm a tad gun shy now.

[Post New]by amiodarkness on Mar 5, 10 7:26 AM
I also am having an issue in the full version w/ the inventory items. I just started chapter 2 and cannot really go any further because I don't have the items I need. I understand having read the other replies that you can send me a saved game that starts at chapt. 2 and then I shouldn't have anymore problems?

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Mar 5, 10 6:10 PM
So far the biggest problem I have had is with the 'vanishing' stone/rock by the car in chapter 2. I have deleted and reinstalled the game and started from a previous save, but when I pick up the rock to break the window - I hear 'swoosh' and the rock vanishes. Cannot break the window without it. Have had no problems with inventory items, i don't think, up to this point. What can I do about the missing rock?? HELP Must I start a new profile ??

[Post New]by katzeyevid on Mar 6, 10 1:18 PM
I have had the same problem in Chapter 2 with the rock vanishing next to the car. I also have a problem with the translater -it will only let me go as far as "earth" and then starts over.

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Mar 7, 10 1:15 AM
BUG in the game to be aware of; I experienced this..Not sure if others did or not..~

Normally with most games..that play in FULL Screen mode..If you want to pause the game...;
you can simply hit the Start-Menu button the keyboard, [the button next to ALT, it looks like a Windows icon]... minimizing your game to the desktop---pausing the game~

With this game..as soon as u hit the Start-menu button on Keyboard, it freezes....

What i recommend is this;
SAVE GAME FIRST--
Then try and use the Start-menu button..it will freeze..But then if u hold down- ALT and tap F4-on the keyboard..That will indeed reduce it..[You may have to do this a couple of times]

With trial and error..this worked for me....
After hitting ALT and F4...it minimizes..then when u are ready, u can resume playing...by clicking it on the taskbar...or..;
Use CTRL ALT DEL-[bring up the Task Manager-] chose the game, and --End TASK -You can do this, cause your game is saved already..this is why i recommend saving it first.~

This method is for those..who want to pause playing...and maybe take a peek at the WT.. while having the game minimized it to the taskbar/desktop

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 1:33:37 AM PST

Go to: