Re:Welcome from the creators of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 8:47 AM
Hi Emily

Lovely to hear from you. You must try and come to Wales sometime. It is a beautiful country. At the moment, the daffodils are just coming out - Wales's national emblem (along with the leek).

I hope Rhiannon inspires you to see where your Great grandparents lived.

Karen

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 21, 10 8:47 AM
Are you checking the top of your screen, that's where inventory items go. I am buying this game so I can move through the house because the demo won't let me.

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Feb 21, 10 9:35 AM
And, Karen, The Ash Grove is one of my favorite songs, as well as All Through the Night. I've only played about 10 minutes, but given the connection to my heritage (that I know very little about except that it's Welsh) I can't resist.

My grandfather's name...Richard Watkin Watkins. How's that for Welsh?
Emily

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 21, 10 9:38 AM
Game locked up after 10 minutes. I am in the room with the red cabinet and get a timer that won't go away. I have closed out and restarted the game. No help.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 21, 10 10:20 AM
A1psyko wrote:Game locked up after 10 minutes. I am in the room with the red cabinet and get a timer that won't go away. I have closed out and restarted the game. No help.
That doesn't sound like the typical in-game problem.
I'd suggest you read the forum thread "Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches technical issues" at the top of the forum and proceed from there. Good luck!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 10:25 AM
Hi A1

That definitely sounds like a download glitch as it's the first post of this glitch. I'm so sorry you have this problem and I'm not sure whether you can re-download a trial to get rid of the glitch. Probably a question for the customers services team. I hope you get a chance to play Rhiannon properly.
Karen
Arberth Studios

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Welcome from the creators of Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 21, 10 10:34 AM
BTW, the Credits are nicely made, they put a smile on my face, esp. the later texts and pictures. One can see the commitment that went into the game - obviously a family project, eh?

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Feb 21, 10 10:52 AM
I've just finished playing the demo and enjoyed it.

A spooky good game.

A big thumbs up....

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 10:59 AM
Hi All

To all of you who have downloaded the trial version of Rhiannon but are getting stuck when you try to use a save from the trial version to continue your quest - we are working on a better solution but for now, we are pretty certain that the problem is in the saves from the trial. If you start again with a new game, you shouldn't have the same problems with items not going into your inventory.

Please accept my apologies for this. Being a gamer myself, I know how frustrating it is to have to do part of a game over again, but this is the best solution until we can update Big Fish with a new version of the trial.

Karen

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Feb 21, 10 11:16 AM
I love games over 150 MBs. The bigger the better! I'm gonna give the demo a try and see if I like this game.

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Feb 21, 10 12:01 PM
I'm downloading the demo now, so while i'm waiting i would like to extend a very warm welcome to all the new fishies in this thread:

ppppppppWELCOME TO THE POND

pppppppppppppppp KazKaz1957
pppppppppppppppp zoonmiss
pppppppppppppppp tv2spil
pppppppppppppppp littlelambxx
pppppppppppppppp penworth
pppppppppppppppp tabsy
pppppppppppppppp PuppyDogMom1
pppppppppppppppp runewarden

Here's some info that will help you all find your way around the pond a little easier, so please check it out as it'll help you alot...Thank you all for choosing BFG for your game site i'm sure you'll love it as much as i do...

IF YOU WANT INFO ON HOW THINGS WORK HERE YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE THIS URL INTO YOUR BROWSER AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE INFO THREAD FOR NEWBIES:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/73064.page

OR you can click on your fishie icon name (squid, jellyfish, clownfish, lobster, etc...) located on the right side of this page under your BF name and you'll also find alot of usefull info there... You'll also find the fish ratings list so you'll always know what you'll be next...Great features check it out sometime...

We also have a great ZOO and fantastic ART GALLERY here in the pond you may enjoy visiting sometime...

Just type POND CITY ZOO into the Search All Forums space and it'll take you to the ZOO or you can visit the POND CITY ART GALLERY by typing the name into the Search All Forums space also...We have some wonderful icon pictures of zoo animals and in the Art Gallery you will find some great icon pictures done by some of our very own talented fishies here in the pond...

insane GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY GAMING...

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Feb 21, 10 12:02 PM
Karen,
Thank you so much for you time and help. I have followed your advise and started a new game and the paper and crayons have now gone in to my inventory without any problems. Thank you so much I can carry on enjoying this fantastic game again x

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 12:04:39 PM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Feb 21, 10 1:08 PM
Karen,
I LOVE this game! It may in part be that I live in a home that also has other "residents" . I was disappointed to have to restart it (and for some reason I can't remember where the MP3 player is ), but it works fine now. In any case, fabulous game!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 1:21 PM
Hi Littlelamb and Dogmama

I'm so pleased to hear that things are working out now. It has been a stressful couple of hours trying to find a solution

Dogmama - the Mp3 player is in the downstairs office by the printer. Don't forget to put it on the charger as you'll need it soon (also in the office). Fascinating to hear that you have 'visitors' in your house. I can certainly relate to that!

Wishing you both the very best and I hope you continue to enjoy your journey in Rhiannon's world.

Karen

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Feb 21, 10 3:21 PM
I just put my comments of the trial in the reviews post, didn't realize you were here. I am going to to download the full version. Very lovely, spooky game so far! Are the study and the office the same room? I found the key, went in, read books etc. but the "find the study key" did not come off the list. ??

Thanks for the great game!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 3:43 PM
Hi Obrien

thanks for your kind comments. Yes the study and the office are the same room - sorry for the confusion.

Before you start the full version, I must tell you that we are having problems whereby saved games from the trial are causing a bug to appear when you use them in the full version. At the moment, the best thing to do when you download the full version is to start again from the beginning. After that, any saves you create will work fine but don't go back to any saves that you created while you were playing the trial.

I'm hoping we will come up with a better solution soon but for now, starting again works fine although I apologise for the frustration this may cause.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

Karen

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 21, 10 3:59 PM
Nos da Karen!

I have just played the demo and love the game (although playing it in bed with the lights out at almost midnight is spooking me out a bit)! I will definitely be getting the full version tomorrow I haven't got far after 40 mins, no study key and no fire lit... but then I am rubbish at click and point adventure games anyway! I am really looking forward to playing again - so lovely to have English/Welsh voices in a game rather than only American ( or American pretending to be English) - no offence to my US Fishie friends, it just makes a change

I have just spent a lovely weekend in Wales at my parents' house - Cardiff way though so not properly "Welsh" - myself. There were no spooks there though, unless you count my kids...

Anyway, great game, got me hooked, was like watching a scary movie. I so didn't want to go back up the stairs after my first encounter with the charming Llywd but knew I had to!

Edited on 02/21/2010 at 4:01:30 PM PST

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Feb 21, 10 4:16 PM
Hi Rachieroos

So glad you are enjoying Rhiannon although you are very brave to play with the lights out

If you do download the full version, please don't use a saved game from the trial. If you have read other posts here, you will know that we are having a problem with saves from the trial and the only solution for now is to start a new game. After that, your new saves will work ok.

We are a long way west of Cardiff - very much in Welsh Wales, although Cardiff is a lovely city. Great for shopping!

All the best
Karen

[Post New]by WhyteWitch3 on Feb 21, 10 6:15 PM
I just down loaded the trial version, and will probably purchase the full version. It's nice to hear from one of the creators and Wales is a great setting. I already had the evil spirit pop out from the stairway--nicely spooky. I look forward to playing.

[Post New]by luckydiamond57 on Feb 21, 10 9:28 PM
thank you Karen so much for coming in here and caring what we think. I am in the middle of the demo and I love the graphics, it is obvious you put your heart and soul into this game. Thank you and good luck on your next game.

Go to: