Re:Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island technical issues

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Mar 26, 10 3:26 PM
I've got a brand new computer, less than a week old. Has Windows 7 running..I've turned off the aero among a list of other things because I'm finding that several of the games I've already bought and the newer ones I'm downloading are having mouse lag and freeze issues.
I supposedly have a computer that made for "online game playing".....but you wouldn't know it from the games here.

I'm in the process of re-installing this game to see if I can get the cursor option to change because as it is all I'm getting is a frozen game.

And yes I've talked to BF's tech support and while they are very nice they don't have anything else to suggest that I haven't already done. Seems to me there is something else wrong besides a "too old computer or video card" if a brand new one has the same troubles.

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on Apr 9, 10 9:26 AM
I am having the same issue as phatkhat on my XP machine - get the title screen, but nothing else - well, except for the plane that flies across the screen repeatedly. even waited up to 20 minutes in case it was just being slow to load - nothing!

Not happy!!!! Thinking about asking fro a credit on this one!

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 9:27:36 AM PST

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Sep 6, 10 2:46 AM
Using a Mac running OS X.4 Tiger.
Requirements say this is OK.
But when I go to download it, I get a message stating Mac OS X.5. Leopard is needed.
Has happened with other games too recently.
Plus if I proceed the game will not even open.

Also finding a lot that say I can play but they will not even open.
About 50% of recent games.

I am hoping to upgrade my OS soon, but it is annoying to start to find that you are needing a higher operating system for about half the new games coming out at the moment.
I know that for PC user's there are so many OS's out there too.

I am disabled and housebound mostly so play a lot of games.

I know from the Mac forum that some do not have Intel yet and they can only play a very few games.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 24, 11 3:15 PM
I am having a totally different problem. I purchased the game in November and just now downloaded to play. I cannot get it to play in windowed mode. It says it will start that way when the game is restarted but it does not. I demoed this in February, 2010 and gave it an "A" grade. I would have given it an "F" if it had not played in windowed mode at that time so I am at a loss what is going on. Seems to me if I have to restart to get it to play in windowed mode that this is a programming bug. Has anyone else been able to play it in windowed mode?

I am wondering if it is because I am trying to play on a non-admin account. When I demoed it, I would have been playing on an admin account. I may try it on that account and see if it works there. If it does, this is definitely a programming bug.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 24, 11 3:36 PM
This is definitely a programming bug. I tried the game on my admin account and it came up as windowed from when I demoed the game. I copied the folder from my admin account to my limited account and am able to play in windowed mode in the limited account. Looks like it's saving progress okay also.

Wulie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Wulie on Jun 16, 11 2:18 PM
Sorry to pose here, but I'm getting so frustrated & hoping someone may be able to help me.
I'm stuck at the Stone King Puzzle : I have completed the puzzle but it's not recognising that I it's correct. I have checked to ensure that it is correct, & it is, but absolutely nothing's happening.
I am playing the game on my iPhone 3GS - is this a bug or something?
Is there anything I can do to progress?
Many thanks

DrDonnaD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DrDonnaD on Jun 25, 11 7:47 AM
Played it on my iPad and all worked well except the puzzles. Many of them were frozen, not at all responsive to tapping the screen. I was able to skip the puzzle and go on, so not a big problem. The game was great fun on iPad.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 27, 11 10:31 AM
MickyTeddy wrote:Using a Mac running OS X.4 Tiger.
Requirements say this is OK.
But when I go to download it, I get a message stating Mac OS X.5. Leopard is needed.
Has happened with other games too recently.
Plus if I proceed the game will not even open.

Also finding a lot that say I can play but they will not even open.
About 50% of recent games.

I am hoping to upgrade my OS soon, but it is annoying to start to find that you are needing a higher operating system for about half the new games coming out at the moment.
I know that for PC user's there are so many OS's out there too.

I am disabled and housebound mostly so play a lot of games.

I know from the Mac forum that some do not have Intel yet and they can only play a very few games.

I am running OS 10.6.7 and having a lot of display issues. It may be that this ONLY runs in 10.5, which is a pretty poor show really....

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Jun 27, 11 2:58 PM
Instead of "sparkles" (or whatever they are) that tell you where possible activities are, I get all these weird white and yellow squares floating all over the screen. Have trashed and reloaded, also changed profile names, to no avail. I remember doing a demo of this some time ago, but don't remember the technical issues; this was on a different computer. Don't remember why I didn't purchase then. This white square thing just started today, wasn't happening yesterday. They are so numerous that I can hardly see what's going on in the scene. Running Mac OS 10.6.7, all software up to date. I know I only paid the weekly special price for this, but it would be nice if it worked right.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 27, 11 3:24 PM
emery419 wrote:Instead of "sparkles" (or whatever they are) that tell you where possible activities are, I get all these weird white and yellow squares floating all over the screen. Have trashed and reloaded, also changed profile names, to no avail. I remember doing a demo of this some time ago, but don't remember the technical issues; this was on a different computer. Don't remember why I didn't purchase then. This white square thing just started today, wasn't happening yesterday. They are so numerous that I can hardly see what's going on in the scene. Running Mac OS 10.6.7, all software up to date. I know I only paid the weekly special price for this, but it would be nice if it worked right.
That's exactly what was happening to me, also with OS 10.6.7 and with up to date software.

I haven't generally had display problems even with quite old games, and I was wondering if it could be something to do with the new version of Shockwave or Flash (can't remember which it was now - Flash I think) downloaded recently?

ETA if you play in HARD mode - which is actually not all that hard, thanks to cursor changes etc - there are fewer sparkles, so fewer pixelated squares floating around the place, and a bit less of a show-stopper but still irritating *sigh*.

Edited on 06/28/2011 at 3:39:12 AM PST

[Post New]by DenBen21 on Jun 27, 11 7:24 PM
I'm having the same issue and can't decide if I should buy the game because of it. Has anyone solved the problem yet?

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jun 27, 11 10:04 PM
Same problem with annoying squares floating about and pixilated sparkles Using mac os 8 any ideas ???

[Post New]by RedDawn76 on Jun 28, 11 3:01 PM
emery419 wrote:Instead of "sparkles" (or whatever they are) that tell you where possible activities are, I get all these weird white and yellow squares floating all over the screen. Have trashed and reloaded, also changed profile names, to no avail. I remember doing a demo of this some time ago, but don't remember the technical issues; this was on a different computer. Don't remember why I didn't purchase then. This white square thing just started today, wasn't happening yesterday. They are so numerous that I can hardly see what's going on in the scene. Running Mac OS 10.6.7, all software up to date. I know I only paid the weekly special price for this, but it would be nice if it worked right.

Exactly, same here! This just started happening yesterday and it's so bad in one screen that it's impossible to complete this area. I'm running the same OS version that you are. I just downloaded the Dr. Felix thingy and sent that zip file to Big Fish. I won't hold my breath that there will be a resolution. This bites.

Go to: