Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Jul 29, 16 12:51 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
And 10 diamonds & a Blood Lotus for every 100 extra they did!

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by majageorg on Jul 29, 16 12:51 PM
Totally agree!! Did my best with finishing more than 200 zoom zones... this is just too frustrating!!

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jul 29, 16 12:52 PM
Unless something drastically changes for more realistic and attainable goals, this player will be sitting future MiniEvents out. The cost in lost inventory just isn't worth the reward...or lack of award. Not getting HOS items to complete the ZZs just [Removed by Moderator] Now a much reduced inventory, time for me to take a break friends......

See you again when we get an actual update....

Much Thanks,
Jaximoto

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 8:31:20 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 1:10 PM
jaximoto wrote:Unless something drastically changes for more realistic and attainable goals, this player will be sitting future MiniEvents out. The cost in lost inventory just isn't worth the reward...or lack of award. Not getting HOS items to complete the ZZs just [Removed by Moderator] Now a much reduced inventory…

That pretty much says it for me, too. While I was pushing to do more ZZs, the HOS were refusing to give me the items I needed to do more. If I went to a HOS that contains a single-item-ZZ inventory item, the HOS world give me a shard or maybe coins. If it went to a HOS that contained a 2-item-ZZ inventory item, I would get it IF I already had more of that one. The other HOS that contains the "ZZ mate" to that item I got would absolutely give me a shard. A 3-item-ZZ, I would get the one I had most of, the other 2, you guessed it - shard or coins.
The game was bound & determined NOT to let me add anything of usefulness to my inventory.
So now I'm much lighter on inventory (oh, but I have tons of Nephrite Fans & Grave Blades! Woohoo!), & I'm drowning in a sea of shards I don't want. Oh, yes, & I have 25 more medallions I don't need on top of the 1000 I already had that I don't need.

I have absolutely no motivation to ever do this again. Not when the vast majority of my fellow players couldn't be bothered to do more than 5.

Edited on 08/02/2016 at 8:47:23 AM PST

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Jul 29, 16 1:16 PM
The mini event is new and they are still tweaking it. The first two were relatively easy and would have been over in a few hours if we had been allowed to keep contributing after we reached our goal. It was nerve wrecking to watch the numbers for a couple of days without being able to contribute. The last two were way too hard despite tremendous effort from some players!
I love the concept of mini events and understand that it takes a little time to tweak it so that it works. However we run the risk of failing because people stop participating. We don't have to win all but 50-60% of the goal is abysmal! It's really disappointing.

Most disappointing of all is seeing that 29202 participated on IOS. Sounds really good but an hour before the deadline we were at close to 600000. That is 20 zz per participant on average. This means a vast majority of participants did the bare minimum!

I'd suggest all zz, airships, flowers, HOS, whatever count towards the global goal. Keep personal goals but you have to get at least the second one to be in the pot.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Jul 29, 16 1:19 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
jaximoto wrote:Unless something drastically changes for more realistic and attainable goals, this player will be sitting future MiniEvents out. The cost in lost inventory just isn't worth the reward...or lack of award. Not getting HOS items to complete the ZZs just %#*?! Now a much reduced inventory…

That pretty much says it for me, too. While I was pushing to do more ZZs, the HOS were refusing to give me the items I needed to do more. If I went to a HOS that contains a single-item-ZZ inventory item, the HOS world give me a shard or maybe coins. If it went to a HOS that contained a 2-item-ZZ inventory item, I would get it IF I already had more of that one. The other HOS that contains the "ZZ mate" to that item I got would absolutely give me a shard. A 3-item-ZZ, I would get the one I had most of, the other 2, you guessed it - shard or coins.
The game was bound & determined NOT to let me add anything of usefulness to my inventory.
So now I'm much lighter on inventory (oh, but I have tons of Nephrite Fans & Grave Blades! Woohoo!), & I'm drowning in a sea of shards I don't want. Oh, yes, & I have 25 more medallions I don't need on top of the 1000 I already had that I don't need.

I have absolutely no motivation to ever do this again. Not when the vast majority of my fellow players couldn't be bothered to do more than 5.

At least you'll have earned enough coins and medallions to craft 5 simple pet food.....

Watrewoman
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Watrewoman on Jul 29, 16 1:23 PM
I agree! Two unrealistic events in a row is certainly not good for castle morale. Besides the unrealistic global goal, having these two day events during week days when the majority of people have very little time to play, is even worse. After reading some of the forum posts, I think there were a lot of players who just gave up after the last event loss. I for one did 75 over the goal, and this cost me 200+ gems because I was low on inventory. I so wanted everybody to win this one. I hope you will come up to a solution that will make everyone who tried so hard happy.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Jul 29, 16 1:24 PM
I think they should give those who went above and beyond, an extra reward,

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jul 29, 16 1:33 PM
I have been playing about a week and figured that judging by the results of the prior mini-game, this time around would be about the same. Yet I tried to do my share and more, without going broke buying diamonds or staying up all night.
There's a huge disconnect between the rewards structure, number of players and the insane total number needed to achieve a global win! If this game was tweaked to make it more challenging, then it was wound too far on the opposite direction! No one will participate if this keeps up which is a shame. Two days is not long enough. Four days with everyone being able to complete more zones and get more rewards might make it within grasp. The calculations seem to be based on having a larger number of active players which is also unfair.

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dlsed on Jul 29, 16 2:50 PM
No Fish Today; while i'm sure there were others, i was one of the first (i posted this at the 8 hour mark of this mini-event) to state we would hit around 300,000. I read some great posts that offered different views of play and numbers, but in the end; i was pretty much right there.

An interesting point someone else made today was that we did indeed have sufficient players (this is strictly a PC take) to make this work. For whatever reason, all fine really, (work, errands, summer things, just game time!).... players weren't able to get to 75.

So the question for me at this point is now twice in a row a mini-event has been opened up with an unrealistic global goal. I wonder if the dev's are watching this, and can tweak back the global expectations. Because there's a reality disconnect somewhere !

Great post originally,

happy hunting,

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Jul 29, 16 3:02 PM
I tired my best ,I gutted my inventory of all one and 2 zz items and did 4 full rounds during event , my biggest problem was way too many shards and gold drops I only got too 86 zz , the only way I can think we would have done it was use diamonds to complete many more , I won't do that

Fred(Lortoc)

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 3:11 PM
Solgud wrote:
At least you'll have earned enough coins and medallions to craft 5 simple pet food.....

Oh, Sol, my dear, optimistic friend! You always try to cheer me up!
Yes, now I can splurge & feed a Spring Bunny! Yay! And all it took was 2 days work & 6-8 months worth of inventory!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 3:21 PM
dlsed, your post was the one that made the most sense to me, and have been basing my thoughts on. For those of you who are noticing how much I am posting, just thought I'd throw in that writing is something that helps me when I am upset. And I am upset. Not sure who to be upset with though, as I have no idea whatsoever how these mini-events are designed, or how we could possibly not have made it given the Herculean effort of some!

Also, I have noticed from recent posts that the coin and shard drops really did prevent some people from participating as much as they would have liked to and I believe that wholeheartedly. Just another argument for restoring our HOS drops back to 100%. Those who had to search for items and now have no inventory are not alone. Many veteran players decimated their inventory to do this event. Without reasonable HOS drops, we don't have a prayer of even having a handful of anything in inventory for a mini-event or anything else. Do I have a Polestar, Murderer's Eye, Shard of Soul, Rune Stone, so on and so on. No, I don't. Not a one.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 29, 16 3:38 PM
Desertdruid made a very valid point in another thread......

To be a part of the GLOBAL REWARD, one should meet the FULL personal goal level....

The current method of giving all players who contribute the FULL global reward actually ENCOURAGES players to offer up the minimal effort.

The reward system should be as follows:

Meet your first personal goal --- get reward X
Meet your second personal goal --- get reward Y
Meet your third personal goal --- get reward Z .....AND get the Global Reward of "lovely reward" in addition to your personal rewards IF the global goal is met.

Of course, in addition.....the individual rewards need to be something worth trying for.....frankly, 25 pet medallions was not worth doing an additional 50 ZZ.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 3:51 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
…, I have noticed from recent posts that the coin and shard drops really did prevent some people from participating as much as they would have liked to and I believe that wholeheartedly. Just another argument for restoring our HOS drops back to 100%. Those who had to search for items and now have no inventory are not alone. Many veteran players decimated their inventory to do this event. Without reasonable HOS drops, we don't have a prayer of even having a handful of anything in inventory for a mini-event or anything else. Do I have a Polestar, Murderer's Eye, Shard of Soul, Rune Stone, so on and so on. No, I don't. Not a one.

Absolutely agree! If they are going to give us inventory-devouring mini-events on top of inventory-devouring Castle Challenges on top of inventory-devouring Daily Quests & inventory-demanding Character Quests, THEY REALLY NEED TO GIVE US BACK OUR INVENTORY DROPS! 100%!

Sorry for shouting, friends. I write when I'm upset, too, & I am also very upset with how this whole mini-fiasco has gone. Besides, I can't get into the game at all. Unable to connect to server, no connection, etc, etc, etc, all afternoon!

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by majageorg on Jul 29, 16 3:53 PM
I really hated this 'earning shards or coins instead' from the beginning. I am also a "veteran player", waiting for an update as so many others. I am not interested in earning shards or coins. If I need coins or shards - let me transform them. I WANT TO HAVE MY 'ONLY-HOS-ITEMS-TIME' BACK!!!

XzyvaGreenfern
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by XzyvaGreenfern on Jul 29, 16 4:06 PM
When I found out extra effort actually counted this time, I stayed up all night and worked hard, bought gems and with 10 games, 6 of them closed, I was able to contribute a total of 1,287 zz's.

Most of my games have no more zz items at all or pet foods since I used those to get items to open the zz's. In my main Xzyva game I have 5 left in some and fewer or none in others. I said after the airship challenge fiasco that I would not do another or buy gems to do it. Well, I tried one more time and it was still a failure. I really needed those 100 pet foods.

I thought the medallions was ok, but it would have been better to get one per zz in each game--i.e. 75. I may not even be able to play now since I've used all my stock. I was doing lots of rounds in my lower level games to try and get some pet foods and items before we got the challenge, but I found that after doing all that, I still had mostly empty zz slots. Then I discovered the pet chests with needed items, but then I ran out of pet food. What next? Do they really want us to play?

This used to be such a nice relaxing game with lovely art--now it is like some kind of nightmare. Some of the stuff the devs gave is good. The in-game messaging can be very useful if they ever get that fixed. The pet chests with needed items is great. But the drop rate on pet food is almost as low as the item drop rate. The devs give one thing and take away 2 or 3 other things. I quit most of the F2P games I've tried because it became impossible to play without gold, energy, gems, special banishing items and other things needed to play. This was one game I really liked no energy needed, no curses--until recently with night-mode et al. I use the past tense "liked".

I am taking a break until I decide whether I will actually quit. I've been playing almost since the beginning of the game. Just saying. Thanks for the good stuff devs, but these global challenges seem deliberately set too high. After all, you guys know how many players there are, we don't. And I can't blame anyone who didn't want to waste inventory trying such an impossible goal. I tried for the team. But no more. Maybe we should just let them work on a new global challenge and then all of us refuse to do it! Just totally ignore it!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 29, 16 4:26 PM
" Maybe we should just let them work on a new global challenge and then all of us refuse to do it! Just totally ignore it!"

I think that will tend to be the natural result of these last 2 belly-flops into the pond. I'm not up for another one like the last 2.

Like I said before, it will have to be dramatically different - reasonable goals with proportionate rewards, & effort-based, not inventory-gobbling - for me to consider participating.

dianatron
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by dianatron on Jul 29, 16 4:27 PM
Hi Linet, Dido/Trouble here, saw your note on your avatar, thought I'd take a look, thought it might be something to do with the mini event!!!! Iv'e read all the posts, and in general agree with all, but I did what I could in the time given! Even staying up into the early hours just to get my both up to personal goal! I too found the only way to get the right 'drops', was to do the character tasks, just going into the z zones gave me, as well as many others, shards and more shards! I am not that fast with these HOS as younger folk r, but I did my best! I agree that those who went far and away over what would reasonably be expected, should be rewarded, and I also dont think that all participants should be rewarded with the global goal, that is just encouraging folk to not bother, and let the 'others' get on with it! For myself, it was a refreshing change from the humdrum rounds of blue key tasks, and I enjoyed 'the chase', but as most have alluded to, the time frame was wrong, the rewards pathetic,and certain unfairness in the way rewards r distributed. I'll certainly have another go(if there is one!) but I can only do so much, and I think the Devs have to factor in the capabilities of all, and I certainly think those that dont 'make the grade', should not share the global spoils! That means everybody goes all out to the end, Amen! Di out BTW its 12.45am here, not 4.27pm. pity, might have had more time!!??@@

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 4:35:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Dustcoll124 on Jul 29, 16 4:33 PM
How about having a half way win mark and a full way win. In other words if the global goal is met halfway you would win half the total for a full global win. That way those that Put in efforts above the personal goals and those that made their personal goal would reap some reward for their efforts above their personal goals.
If their was a half way win mark on this last mini event then those that made the effort would have won 50 sacks of food. If the event had made the full global total needed than you would have gotten the remaining 50 sacks of food. We might then feel like it was not a lost effort to have fully participated.
I like the mini events and as everyone realizes now it's hard to get everyone to make the total effort needed for a complete win.
I also think the mini events are a work in progress, people asked for things to make the game not so repetitive. I thank the developers for coming up with other challenges for the players.

Go to: