The Final Result on PC

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:The Final Result on PC

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Jul 29, 16 10:25 PM
I play on iPad, and we also didn't make our goal. I just want to offer a different perspective regarding those who didn't contribute their fair share. I am one of them. As I was watching the progress it seemed pretty obvious from the very beginning that we were probably only going to get about 60% of the way to the goal. You can tell that by how quickly the bar is advancing in time. So I was skeptical that everyone would speed up toward the end. Those items that are required by ZZs are really hard to get and take a lot of time to acquire, so for me the personal goal of 25 pet medallions for 75 ZZs was no incentive at all, and even if I was confident of getting 100 simple foods I wouldn't have done 75. The economics and time just don't make sense. I did 25 because that seemed reasonable enough for the 5 rare and 10 special foods, and I had a few plentiful inventory that I could use for that. To my way of thinking the reward was way, way out of line with the cost.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 10:58 PM
Paula2408 wrote:I play on iPad, and we also didn't make our goal. I just want to offer a different perspective regarding those who didn't contribute their fair share. I am one of them. As I was watching the progress it seemed pretty obvious from the very beginning that we were probably only going to get about 60% of the way to the goal. You can tell that by how quickly the bar is advancing in time. So I was skeptical that everyone would speed up toward the end. Those items that are required by ZZs are really hard to get and take a lot of time to acquire, so for me the personal goal of 25 pet medallions for 75 ZZs was no incentive at all, and even if I was confident of getting 100 simple foods I wouldn't have done 75. The economics and time just don't make sense. I did 25 because that seemed reasonable enough for the 5 rare and 10 special foods, and I had a few plentiful inventory that I could use for that. To my way of thinking the reward was way, way out of line with the cost.

For me, I think what happened is that after the airship challenge, which IMO was clearly impossible (so I didn't participate), there was this part of me that simply would not accept that we would be given two unattainable challenges in a row, so I didn't recognize that fact. As I said somewhere else, I should have paid attention to one of the very first posts that asked is it doable? The question itself should have gotten me thinking, because if doable, why would anyone ask for opinions? In hindsight, no, it was not doable, or we would have done it. BUT, I did enjoy it. It gave me an opportunity to explore, and to discover some ZZ items I had never seen before. Plus, I REALLY wanted that food, knowing how hard it is to get 100 simple foods. So, I'm not sorry I did it, but will consider the next one very carefully.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 11:22 PM
Shadow3814 wrote:The reason for this post is, having read everything posted here.... I feel ashamed....

I am one of those players that went Above and Beyond my personal goal. Maybe not in the 100's like some players, because I set myself a limit, so I wouldn't deplete my inventory. But.... having read all the post?

I feel ashamed of some of what I have read here. Belittling those players that didn't try for the 25 or 75 in their personal goal. Perhaps there is a reason for this? Family, visitors, work, on vacation, emergencies... no inventory? Jeeze... walking the dog, even? I will not name names... you know who you are. But, just stop and think? If you were a new player and had just found this forum.... how would you feel?

This is a game and these are challenges. Let's not belittle those that, for some reason, whether it was personal or not, for not going Above and Beyond. It was their prerogative on how to play their game.

In closing.... I would like to apologize to any one who feels like they didn't do their fair share, so to speak. As far as I am concerned, you did what you felt like you could do, without depleting your inventory. Like I said.... this is a game, so play it the way you want to... not by someone else's standards.

Shadow3814, there is no reason whatsoever to feel ashamed. My thoughts here were to lift up and thank those who did so much (and I didn't do all that much, probably about the same as you did), not to make others feel down. On one of the first two challenges, I think the second, I somehow became a "cheerleader" and was told by a number of people that it helped. That was what I was trying to do for this challenge as well as I mistakenly thought it could happen. I only sent 3 airships in my main game, because that was the best I could do with what I had, and I've said that more than once. So, I'd be the last to point a finger at anyone for choosing not to, or not being able to participate.

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Jul 29, 16 11:34 PM
I completed the personal goal. I went over 80+. It did take a lot of inventory and took a while to get there but I had fun doing it. Also I worked on the achievement and completed a few others in the process. I have no complaints or regrets. I would have liked to have the extra pet food but it didn't happen and that is that. I don't blame anyone else for us not getting them. There are so many circumstances that don't always allow a person to play a lot. I was lucky that I got to play as much as i did. Smile and enjoy your playing time. Life is too short and full of troubles to worry about how a game goes.

dreamfantasy
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

The Final Result on PC

[Post New]by dreamfantasy on Jul 30, 16 4:14 AM
NoFishToday wrote:After seeing the final numbers, this mini-event was indeed doable. PC had 10,524 participants (assuming that BF is actually "counting bodies"). To reach our global goal of 500,000, each of those 10,524 players would need to contribute 48 zoom zones. I realize that "48" was not a personal goal, but that is not my point here. If each of these players had at least met their personal goal of 75, the event would have been easily won, coming in with a total of 789,300. Yet, our total of 315,325 was less than half of that.

I agree with you, this 10.524 participants had can reach the global goal, if all had done 75 zz.
But in an other thread I could read, that only full personal goals (5, 25, 75) would count the progress - so all, what many player had done between 26 an 74 was not for global goal, this must be 75! - can´t be in next time, that all done zz can fill the counter for global goal? Step between second and third goal is very hight, not all player have the items or time for this big step and stop between the last 2 goals . Only all zz, what player had done more then 75 filled the counter.

If only 5000 of the participants had played more then 25, but not reached maximum 75, I think, we could have lost so near 200000 zz...

For next mini events or challenges I wish goals, we better can count - where we not must give our last things - in the end for nothing...

Some interesting prices would be very great - maybe, player could joice by a very good participation on event with high individale scores for helping all from a pool of items and find something, he very want, but never reached, p.e. yellow tiger cat, because tournament too is a problem for a lot of player, what have problems with the eyes - to reach top 100 you must play like a profi, have to find all very fastly and find all buttons for wheel - so this would be a chance to bring more interests to mini events and tournaments.

Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Jul 30, 16 4:54 AM
NoFishToday wrote:

Shadow3814, there is no reason whatsoever to feel ashamed. My thoughts here were to lift up and thank those who did so much (and I didn't do all that much, probably about the same as you did), not to make others feel down. On one of the first two challenges, I think the second, I somehow became a "cheerleader" and was told by a number of people that it helped. That was what I was trying to do for this challenge as well as I mistakenly thought it could happen. I only sent 3 airships in my main game, because that was the best I could do with what I had, and I've said that more than once. So, I'd be the last to point a finger at anyone for choosing not to, or not being able to participate.

Linet.... I know for a fact that you, personally, would never put anyone down. Whether you try to cheer people on or get into a slight disagreement with someone, you have a way of saying things without "stepping on anyone's toes", so to speak. What I was ashamed about were there were some, who posted about "Those players not doing their fair share or going Above and Beyond". Those were the ones that I felt were belittling and petty. There may have been a reason why some players weren't able to do "Their fair share." I really wouldn't know... I don't play their game. If they felt they couldn't afford to go overboard, then I say "Hooray, at least you tried!" And I'd like to congratulate each and everyone who did try! At least you gave it a shot!
As for my games.... In my Main Game, I set myself a limit of doing only 100 extra ZZ's over the final goal, so I went for Destiny Keys. If some feel like I should have done more? Sorry, I wasn't going to deplete my inventory. My game, I'll play it as I see fit. That's my excuse. My second game was only at level 39, but I'm trying to level up, so I was doing ZZ's anyway and managed to go an extra 27 ZZ's over the final goal. Not much, I know.... but when you find yourself going cross-eyed and falling asleep at your computer, you quit and call it a night!
So... No, Linet... I know you. You do not have to explain.... you always try to cheer the players on. It was those few posts, that I felt ashamed of. I will say this in closing to those I am posting about... "Shame on you for belittling any player, whether they be Newbies or Old Timers. We played the challenge our way and we lost. We played our games the way we felt we could. The Global Goal was set too high.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jul 30, 16 5:49 AM
I sure could have used that 100 plain food! At least I did my part (plus 1!) though it was difficult. I was on level 32, and have very little inventory, so I had to do it the hard way, slogging through multiple hos for each zz.

I think the extra challenges are fun, though, and appreciate BF's efforts to make the game more interesting while we wait for the magic update.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jul 30, 16 7:47 AM
I am a Level 60 with no inventory. I played as much as I could, but when you have to wait an hour to get another forged key, torch, or other item to open a ZZ it was very hard for me to get to 75. I only got to 47 before time ran out.

Go to: