OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Welcome to Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 25, 10 11:04 AM
Played most of the demo .. It's to early in the day to panic ..At this point of my desperation ..I would have to say ..nope , But i said this about Penny" CE.. & by that evening I caved & bought it , But I'm not to sure about this one ,,I don't own any of the other Treasure Seekers games ..not sure why ..but there is something that bugs me about ( ).. I call them lightbulb Games...Not sure what it is ..but right now I will pass , ...

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Feb 25, 10 11:15 AM
Still playing the free hour and so far so good..I like it. There's a small problem with the curser, if you click on to your reg ..small white arrow you'll miss some things. Play with the games curser which is large you'll hit the object every time. Have no Idea how long the game is ,but I'm hoping it's long enough for me to get the game going with out hints or walkthrough.lol I'm old... it takes me awhile.

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Feb 25, 10 12:04 PM
I have always loved the Treasure Seeker Games have the others so naturally when I tryed this one had to have it, not sure if it was worth the CE price yet I will have to let you know on that one. I took my time on the trial and took me the demo to get to Chapter 2 so it does sound like for me it might be a reasonably long game the jury is still out on that one though.

They have a widescreen option (using a widescreen) but it plays much better for me not to use that option makes everything too small have seen this problem in several games wondering what is up with that INQUIRING Jeannie's WANT TO KNOW?

This version does seem to run smoother and not as slow as the previous versions so very happy with that. Sound good ..Graphics great per the comment above on settings anyone having graphics issue's I would try both settings. I lLOVE the game in that it is basic reasoning on what items to find that match the period and using the hints given by the characters. Pretty simple but the way they set these up are great sucks me right in. Does that make me easy? hmmm maybe LOL

SWIMMING Off to play Happy Gaming All from a little fish in the great big Pond!

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Feb 25, 10 3:18 PM
Hi fishes. Took awhile for me to get this game working. I'm really happy I stuck with it. Have just started chapter 3 and it took about3 hours for me to get there. I try not to use hints and strategy guide so maybe I took longer than others Anyway! I love it. Oh! one thing use the custom curser. Hate e'm most of the time but got into a real mess using my little white arrow. Hope you try it. Have fun.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Feb 25, 10 6:27 PM
I demoed it at least a couple months ago and I absolutely can't wait for it to come out. I played the full hour. I chose Casual Mode; I wanted to test all aspects of the game. The tutorial was not intrusive, rather useful. I had to skip the geological puzzle; I can't figure out how to work the decipher plates except for the first one. I understood the numbers and their place on the book but for whatever reason I've not been able to position the second one. I enjoyed to hear the familiar sound of the clock again. There is still so much humor in this sequel, which I love. The mix of **** and interaction makes the game greatly attractive, interesting, and challenging. It was a pleasure to meet Nelly and Tom again. I completed the Ghost chapter but I had only time to fix the portal in Germany. I took my time and read all there was to be read. I didn't want to miss a thing. It is a great game, like the 2 previous ones. The graphics are stunning and the story is very absorbing. Great work! Thank you . It's definitely 5 for me.

Now, as far as the CE goes, I'm not sure about this one. That could be a draw back for me. Like I've read, if it were $9.99 I would not put too much thought in it but $20 is a lot. Is it worth it?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 25, 10 6:35 PM
I'd like to know that, too. It's awfully tempting to plunk down the twenty bucks for the ability to play an additional character with those extra scenes, but $20 tempting? I don't knooooow.

*genki es torn* Could ask for it for my birthday, but that's not for a couple of months. Hmmmm.....

OK, finish the demo first, then decide!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 26, 10 5:13 AM
Hello partners in crime, guess I 'm joining the club too and trying to wait for March 1st. However I need to ask something. If you fill out two punch cards, that is buy a total of 12 games (I have two CE and if I get this I will have completed two punch cards worth of games), does that count for 2 game credits in one month? OK OK I went a bit crazy this month, I swore only 6 games a month but my imsomnia got a hold of me and you know the rest. Already in the dog house with hubby but seriously, my palm is just itching for this game. I see that everyone is still on the fence as to its price of 20 dollars. I think I am going through withdrawel and I keep comming back to this forum to see if I can just talk myself into buying this game. Have a super week-end everyone.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 26, 10 6:26 AM
Yes, you can now get multiple punch cards in one month. I did buy the game yesterday and have only finished through the third chapter - Germany. I have used the strategy guide several times as I couldn't see where I was supposed to go next. I guess I must be rather slow compared to some of the other posters.

[Post New]by iowahillgal on Feb 27, 10 12:22 PM
Bug??? I'm in the crypt and when I try to place items on the key object next to the arch that goes back to the cemetery, I am only able to place the top one. When I hover the other two items over their slots, the game lights up the arch, which is behind the key object and I get an error message instead of the item getting placed. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get around it? Thanks.

msolo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by msolo on Feb 27, 10 12:39 PM
HELP
I downloaded this game today started to play it and it crashed my computer
I am running Windows 7 32 bit nvidia geforce 9600 gs card which is upto date, have tried other treasure seeker games and they all do the same

I downloaded another game and that works fine

can anyone offer any words of wisdom as to why I crash with just these games
many thanks

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Feb 28, 10 3:09 PM
Just finished playing this game.To be blunt,it was an easy game(to me) and not hard at all.Never used any hints and didn't have to use the Strategy Guide at all.So to me it's not worth buying the collector's edtion,that is if you can wait for the regular edition at regular price of $6.99,other than that,overall a good game. If BF wants to make collector's editions then they should make it worth our while.This is the 4th CE that I have purchased and didn't use the Strategy Guide.

jprdwnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jprdwnr on Feb 28, 10 9:25 PM
I played this game through to the end and now I can't access the bonus game. What gives? I played through blowing up the lab, then saw the villain arrive in the future, game ends. When I went to play the bonus game, it wasn't available. Can anyone help me out?

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Mar 1, 10 4:35 PM
I found it very simple compared to the last 2.

[Post New]by FiddlersDaughter on Mar 2, 10 8:52 AM
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS GAME "TWICE" AND WHEN I START IT UP, IT LOCKS UP ON THE OPENING SCREEN AND JUST SITS THERE.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

[Post New]by pondcarp on Mar 3, 10 6:01 PM
Very slow starting and locks up in certain areas, basement. Had to shut down to get out of it. I even turned off the firewall so it could work faster but that did not help either. Not happy with a $20.00 piece of ****.

[Post New]by PinonPixie on Mar 3, 10 6:48 PM
The game is 248,000 mb so, yes, it is much longer than the other Treasure Seekers games..

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Mar 4, 10 10:42 AM
Just finished this game and I loved it. It was better than the other two. Graphics were awesome, and the strategy guide was available in every screen, which is a much improved way to access it. I am glad I bought the CE because of the strategy guide. It took me days to play it and I devoted a major part of the day to it. And I only skipped 1 puzzle!!

I give BFG

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Mar 5, 10 2:40 PM
Is there an update yet on when the regular edition will be out? Someone said March 1st, but as today is the 5th, it kind of looks like that date is out. I hope it is out soon. Thanks for any info fishies.

[Post New]by littlemissy32 on Mar 5, 10 2:42 PM
It is cool game to play.

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Mar 8, 10 3:09 PM
Loved this game. So much to do! On to the bonus game. I made it as far as finding the magnifying glass. The strategy guide says to run the glass across the front of the house to find the wires for the alarm system. When I click on the alarm box with the mag. nothing happens. It does not enhanse the box. Any suggestions?

Go to: