Is this a keeper?

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Is this a keeper?

[Post New]by dfranklin on Mar 18, 10 9:35 PM
I can see a lot of potential in this one, so I totally understand why some folks liked it...I played the whole demo trying to give it a fair shot and was on the fence about it throughout the demo. What I liked about it was the variety of puzzles and actions, and fairly nice graphics.

But, I just can't get over how the game just "led me by my nose" through everything and how the story was so contrived. I mean really, you're on a sinking ship and you start looking for things to pack in your bag, have to fix an electronic lock (to get out of your room) and then have to patch the lifeboat? Then you stop to put out fires before you escape...with catapults...on a cruise ship??? Yeah right. I've been known to buy a game or two just for the story...this one had the opposite effect.

It also bugs me when you have this many "cut scenes" without any voice overs or animation (if you're going to do it...do it right). And, as Cromaxgal said, I found myself clicking on everything in a few scenes trying to find the items. The last scene I was clicking on leaves trying to find the "right" leaf...I mean really, ALL of the leaves looked the same but I wasn't clicking on the "RIGHT" ones? Please. That was the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back. Sorry, I have to say this one isn't a keeper for me at least.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 15, 11 4:04 PM
I played the Demo and i like this kind of game the graphics are clear and music was awesome i loved everything about this game, I saw where it is 20 chapters so i am going to use a credit on this one.. there is lots to do in this game thx BF and DEV's..

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 15, 12 2:07 PM
I enjoyed this game. A bit of a change from the norm. No problems finding the next opening because you just click on the circle at the bottom of the screen. I did get sick of the cut scenes and had to skip eventually.

Go to: