minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by minxs on Feb 27, 10 3:32 AM
Were there pop-ups in the second game? I must have been enjoying it so much, I didn't notice them. Because I H'ATED them in the first game. I couldn't even finish it, in fact.

I will prolly buy the regular edition. I hope the pop-ups will be as inofffensive as they were in the second game. (Or unnoteworthy, or some such word...)

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by kamenye on Feb 27, 10 8:57 AM
Enjoyed the game but it's a little short for the $$ if you ask me. Seemed shorter than the rest of the series but I can't remember how many chapters the others had without checking. Yeah it was a fun game but wish i'd waited lol.

[Post New]by Zoolifer on Feb 27, 10 8:46 PM
I like the "Treasure Seekers" evolution through the first two games so was expecting something awesome for 3rd installment especially as a CE. What a let down. I played the whole thing through on advanced settings and with the extra level unlocked in probably less than 6 hours game play max. The puzzles I thought too easy for a CE and compared to Ravenhearst CE a laugh. This in my opinion should not be a CE. And well the Ravenhearst games and CE set the bar very high anyways.
I liked the 3rd installment was good. and I like the idea of the villain landing modern day, like to see where that story will go.... But should have been only offered as a regular 6.99. Not worth 19.99 in game play value.
thanks, :-)

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Feb 27, 10 11:21 PM
Just played the demo and loved it, great graphics and scenes, i bought the first 2 also, so was expecting a simular experience, but has just gotten better! looking forward to playing the whole game, but wont be buying at this stage, will wait till regular version released..hopefully soon!!

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Feb 28, 10 9:30 AM
I liked it but in all honesty, it was not worth $20. When you compare it to others such as Dire Grove, it was about 1/4 the length and no really cool visuals. Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I just was disappointed in what I got for the price. My advise is wait for the regular version. It's way too short for the price.

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Feb 28, 10 3:19 PM
I bought the two previous Seekers, and really ejoyed them. I've enjoyed this demo, too, but denifitely will not buy the CE version. Not worth enough for so much money.

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 3:20:56 PM PST

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Feb 28, 10 7:39 PM
pocojazz wrote:I bought collector's edition and wish I would've waited for regular. This is a good game and I love the integrated strategy guide concept. I played the demo first and really liked it. It has hog elements, a little different than the other two, but still popups of things to find as well as hog scenes.

No technical issues for me, no slow game play, jerky cursors etc. I have had these problems with a few games in the past.

The reason I wish I would've waited? This is a pretty short game imho. I played the first chapter in demo and had gotten into 2nd chapter. There are only 5 chapters if anybody is interested. This is a pretty easy game but its fun and the storyline is good as in all treasure seekers.

It seems to me the 1st TS game was the longest by far. I thought the 2nd TS game was pretty short. This one may be a smidge longer than the 2nd one but not enough for the $20 price tag. Good news is it pushed me past my 2nd or 3rd punch card so all things considered I am not too disappointed.

Poco

Ditto here for me. Next time I may wait for the cheaper price..............

HOGger
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by HOGger on Feb 28, 10 8:30 PM
What's with the idea of having a CE version anyway? It's a lot more expensive and nothing really much different, except you get it a few weeks earlier. If we're buying day after day, week after week, year after year(!!), $7 is more than fair. Just MHO.

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Feb 28, 10 9:16 PM
finished the game in about 3 hours with the extra included. Excellent game but not worth spending extra money on. Just got my tax return so thought I would buy CE as don't usally spend 20 bucks on a game. The extra puzzle area was fun and is basically cliff hanger for next in series. Definitely would wait for reg edition. Game is only about 10 minutes longer with the extra scene. At 6.99 I would give the game a 8 on a scale of 10. Fun but short

[Post New]by everyonesmomtwo on Feb 28, 10 10:28 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to use our free game credits to purchase the CE or is that out?
I too will wait for the cheaper one as I can purchase 3 games for about the same price and still get 3 punches. (I can play those other 2 games while I'm waiting for this to come out). I don't get to play very often so they will keep me busy.

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Mar 1, 10 12:01 PM
I've bought one CE and was very disappointed. I will buy the regular edition of this game. I love hide and seek puzzles!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Mar 1, 10 7:58 PM
I really, really liked this game after playing the Demo, and would like to buy it right away, but the price is high, and then again if I'm waiting for the cheaper one to come out, I'm afraid that something is missing there and get dissapointed, so now I just don't know what to do, I'm just know that I'm getting one of them.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 2, 10 3:18 AM
Personally, I can't fault this one. I can't really think of anything I would change. I love it! This is third in the series and I think it is as good if not better than the first. I love how the characters are getting older....and I seriously love the strategy guide being so accesible. I have bought the CE price because I enjoyed the demo so much, but I understand that lots of people will wait for the regular price.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 2, 10 5:40 PM
I love this game as I do the other Treasure Seeker games. This CE to me was well worth the money I paid. The story was good, the strategy guide was excellent and being able to play the villain in the bonus was really and added attraction. Bring on more like this and I will be a very happy camper.

jojobear9
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jojobear9 on Mar 3, 10 5:13 AM
Though I am basically a cheapskate I bought the collectors edition of this game because I love the series. I got to play the beta of this game a month or so ago and loved it and couldn't wait for it to be available in the full version. The graphics are great the puzzles are just the right level of difficulty for me (hard enough to be challenging but not too hard as to be frustrating). I love having the strategy guide right at my finger tips if i decided to use it and the extra bonus "prequel" scene was great.

Now for the cons. I did feel the game was a little on the short side compared to the other 2 in the series. I remember playing for what seemed like weeks on the first one and Enchanted Canvases had me going for days whereas Follow the Ghosts only kept me occupied for a few hours.

All and all I definitely can recommend this game to any HOG/Adventure fan but unless you are a devout fan of the series wait until the regular edition comes out.

Edited on 03/03/2010 at 5:13:51 AM PST

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Mar 3, 10 2:22 PM
thanks for all the reviews. I was on the fence about buying the CE, but I don't think I will now. It's far too expensive for what's it worth. It's kind of an easy game and I've already spent $ on the Dire Grove game (worth it).

honeybun3403
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by honeybun3403 on Mar 6, 10 4:39 AM
I enjoyed playing this game but in no way was it worth thee money for a collectors edition. A game like Dire Grove is a good example. I think this game was just a good regular game with no delusions of grandeur. I am worried that we are going to be bamboozled by the catch phrase collectors edition but in reality, just a regular game. How are we to know?
Honey

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Mar 7, 10 8:28 PM
Loved the demo and I'll definitely get the regular version when it comes out. Paying almost 3 times as much for a game, with 1 extra level and a strategy guide that doesn't do much of anything that a good (free!) walkthrough would do, is highway robbery. This one's a definite buy, just not for the CE version!

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Mar 7, 10 8:32 PM
Hey Sugarbella, I bought and loved Dire Grove, but it was just the regular version. How in your opinion was buying the CE worth it? I'm not ragging on you, I just want to know what in your opinion about that CE makes it worth the extra money. How much extra did the CE have?

fingretart
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fingretart on Mar 10, 10 2:48 AM
I dont get why there is no hour trial on collectors additions. I would be more likely to buy these games if I could try them first.

Go to: