Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

Re:Update ideas for the creators of this game!

[Post New]by Solgud on Aug 7, 16 5:27 AM
Well, 54 if I'm to be honest. Out of 460! That's almost 12% of the storage space! We increase by 20 but the amount needed increases by 3 each time so the real increase is 17. 3 slots may not seem like a lot but it really does make a difference when you are always maxed out...

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Aug 7, 16 5:33 AM
Oh, I know. These days I look at as taking 75 out and adding 20, so I often wait a while before doing it again. But now I want to take advantage of all the basalt everywhere, so I'm going to 600 even tho I just got to 580.

I try not to stockpile too many goods in my storage, especially if I can keep them in the ground until I need them, or put them to work making other stuff for balloons or to sell.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Aug 7, 16 9:17 AM
I wish they'd either give you more time or have a second shot at purchasing the "starter pack". When I first started playing I didn't purchase because I wasn't sure I was going to continue playing the game. Now, I'd like another shot at purchasing it because I love the game. They could give everyone who didn't purchase it the chance now and add a second chance buy after two weeks or a month ongoing for people as they join.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Aug 7, 16 10:12 AM
I try not to stockpile either, usually have around 2-3 of each item. I only harvest what I need and sell extra items. Right now it's the basalt and the gray bricks that are filling my inventory... I've started selling the basalt and might be forced to sell the gray bricks if I don't start using them soon...

Edit: oh and those green and blue bottles needed to upgrade the fountains! Every fountain seems to need red, there is never enough red...

Edited on 08/07/2016 at 10:13:59 AM PST

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Aug 7, 16 3:16 PM
Solgud, try to hang onto enough green and blue elements if you can. Lots of my fountains are now worth over 600 magic thanks to upgrades. I was so glad I stockpiled green and blue and everything else. True, red is hard to find but not impossible.

mamarose I totally agree. I would get the starter pack now.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Aug 10, 16 11:35 AM
I did a dive yesterday and had another idea. When I came up from the dive there was so much stuff it filled up my inventory. How about a separate inventory for the items from under the sea? They take a lot of room.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Aug 11, 16 1:13 PM
I keep a bunch of the green and blue but I've noticed those two are quite often on my friends markets so I've figured I have a greater chance of repurchasing those than the other colours I hardly ever see for sale.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 19, 16 12:25 AM
A couple more ideas:
- De-cursing cursed items should produce materials to upgrade storage.

- The help feature should be extended to the importing panda and the underwater mine. The mine could be a bit trickier to implement, but the trumpet could just show on the diving platform, so the helper's screen wouldn't need to go underwater.

Edited on 08/19/2016 at 7:12:40 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 28, 16 7:43 AM
Something that would probably be quite easy to implement and add another dimension to the game would be for players to be able to create their own version of noticeboard requests, but for other players.The payment for the goods would probably need to be debited upon submission.

We could visit islands, look at their notice board and complete requests, as long as we had the stock, and receive payment. The requesting player would then receive the items. I'm not sure how to deal with full storage, it may have to just overflow. Automated players could complete the orders after a while, like they do now with market sales.

This would allow us to be more proactive in getting the items we want, rather than just having to trawl through other players' islands. The number of active orders probably needs to be limited.

Edited on 08/30/2016 at 11:36:30 AM PST

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Aug 29, 16 4:19 AM
There are a couple of things, not yet mentioned, I'd like to see in an update.

1. New things to make at stations. Eg lemon meringue pie, using wheat, sugar, lemons and cream, and pumpkin pie using wheat, pumpkins, cream and sugar. Perhaps 4 ingredients are too many for game to handle? I can't think offhand if anything else uses 4. If so, leave out the cream. It would be nice to have an item that uses pumpkins; also what might use steel bars?

2. For the last boxes in the dive, in the last area, to contain something other than more building bricks. Total waste to even click them. By that point, all houses are rebuilt. Since the bricks can't be carried forward, better to have a treat such as tools, or another Amber or basalt. Even an extra decursing item. Building bricks is just silly. Please fix.

Thank you.

Edited on 08/29/2016 at 4:29:00 AM PST

[Post New]by charlie1982 on Aug 29, 16 6:38 AM
Here's some things I hope they'll consider in the future:

- Another apiary would definitely be nice!

- A second crafting station for stones, alluring amber and coal blocks.

- Another mine, maybe in a place we have yet to uncover. Gold nuggets take ages, even if you have more slots open (I have 5).

- Being able to store stations and fountains the way we do decorations. I hardly use the panda dance thing, and it's just taking up space. I wish I could either sell it, or store it.

- An item that calls all villagers to a certain spot. Maybe a bell? I HATE looking for that one idiot I filled a crate for, or the Aladdin panda. Maybe a station where villagers who have a request go? Like a filling station?

- Magic harvest mode: a button so you can just swipe over magic generating items and harvest in one big swoop. Clicking ALL of those things gets annoying after a big dive.

- A separate storage for elements and upgrade crates, just like we have for stones. You sometimes need 40 crates each, to upgrade your storage on the higher levels, which means it takes up 120 spaces in your storage, which is ridiculous.
If you're trying to get the "upgrade your magic generating items" achievements, you will also eventually need a whole bunch of elements, that take up space.

- I would also REALLY REALLY like to know in advance how many stones I'm going to need before upgrading something. Especially with the palace this is a complete pain in the behind because you keep seeing just one level. How hard is it to just have a little icon of a stone with a number behind it? Same goes for underwater upgrading. Knowing how much time it takes to harvest stones doesn't really help much if you don't know how many you're going to need in the first place.

- I would love to see some animals in this game. We have a milk tree (seriously?) but maybe some chickens, goats and other animals that occasionally drop milk, meat, etc.

- Maybe a clothing hut where villagers can go to change their clothes? A villager could walk up to the station and have a request bubble. You click it and they ask for a shirt/skirt/pants. You make it, give it to them, and they pay you.

- The option to set a price in the market. I still don't really understand why candles are sold for more than jewelry boxes, for example.

- The option to redecorate your fountains. Having the same type of fountain 5 times is just boring. Maybe choosing from 3 different types or something.

Edited on 08/29/2016 at 6:42:00 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 29, 16 7:10 AM
Being able to upgrade machines would be good too. And just to be clear, by "upgrade", I mean reduce the time it takes for production. Not double the output and double the time.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 5, 16 6:38 AM
A very simple change.

Giving each of the underwater areas a name would make it easier for people to ask for help in the forum and for others to know which level they are on.

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Sep 5, 16 1:11 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:Something that would probably be quite easy to implement and add another dimension to the game would be for players to be able to create their own version of noticeboard requests, but for other players.The payment for the goods would probably need to be debited upon submission.

We could visit islands, look at their notice board and complete requests, as long as we had the stock, and receive payment. The requesting player would then receive the items. I'm not sure how to deal with full storage, it may have to just overflow. Automated players could complete the orders after a while, like they do now with market sales.

This would allow us to be more proactive in getting the items we want, rather than just having to trawl through other players' islands. The number of active orders probably needs to be limited.

I really like this idea, TMGamer. I wonder how difficult it would be to implement.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 5, 16 10:57 PM
AllMenAreIslands wrote:I really like this idea, TMGamer. I wonder how difficult it would be to implement.

Thanks

Hmmmm, it's hard to say, But, I tend to think much of the work goes into the graphical interfaces and most of those needed already exist.

- There would need to be some way to start the process of adding requests, so maybe a button added to the noticeboard.
- The interface to choose what items you wanted could be exactly the same as when requesting items from Peter the Panda. This would exclude tools, amber, etc. Limiting it to one type of item per request would probably keep things simpler.
- I'd have thought that the current noticeboard interface could be used as is, when completing orders.

The bell could also ring when entering an island that has a request that you can complete.

So, it strikes me that it would be reasonably easy.

Go to: