3 Cards to Dead Time

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:3 Cards to Dead Time

[Post New]by kithain on Feb 27, 10 10:40 AM
bamlink wrote:

There appears to be 7 or 8 chapters. I was able to get into the second chapter during the demo, so the length of the game seems to be about average.

Huh! The endless cut scenes drove me crazy so I skipped them. And I found that the game still drove me crazy, so I skipped the puzzles as well. I was just killing an hour, basically. AND, if you skip all the boring and aggravating dialogue and the all of the puzzles, you can complete the game in less than an hour. There is so little actual hidden object game play in this game that it shouldn't even be called a game.

kit

jiferin
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jiferin on Feb 27, 10 7:34 PM
I have to say that I loved the 1st one and am well on the way to loving this one. For all of those who say there is too much dialogue I am here to tell you that the point of the dialogue in the game is like dialogue in a movie: it gives you clues to what's coming and how to solve other things later. I does not make for a fast paced game, but that suits me fine.

As for the photo and object puzzle: It's a logic puzzle folks! if you read the instruction carefully you will find the logic rules in there.

This game is definitely not for everyone. The series is based on the subtle rather that the obvious and is definitely very dark.

jjoh553028
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jjoh553028 on Feb 28, 10 3:38 PM
I can see why some people will not like this game. It does have alot of dialogue. I personally like the game. the story adds to the game for me and makes it last longer. I have only done the demo and will certainly purchase tomorrow!!
My only complaint would be how long it takes between games, dialogue, and etc.... I just purchased new lap top and am running on windows 7. Other games are fine but this one really drags. Also the cursor is very slow.. Wish it had the remove custom cursor option.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 19, 10 12:20 PM
Those that don't like this game simply don't understand it and obviously never played 3 Cards to Midnight--otherwise their criticism would be more well-informed. So my advice is to ignore those who have not played 3 Cards to Midnight and pay attention to those that have.

This game is absolutely true as a sequel and offers the completed story where 3 Cards to Midnight left off. The gameplay is true to the prequel and offers the exact same game play. If you did not play 3 Cards to Midnight, you may not understand all that is going on in this game. This game offers a twist on the regular Hidden Object genre in as much as it is reconstructing dreams and visions. The goal is to find objects based on key word remembered from those dreams and visions. The puzzles are different and interesting and the gamplay is quite mesmerizing. The ending is enthralling.

dyjane
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dyjane on Jan 25, 11 6:19 PM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 1:52:08 AM PST

Go to: