Re:Too much dialogue, too often

[Post New]by Script4Tears on Feb 28, 10 2:32 AM
Ditto !!!! I do love the idea of this, but the dialogue keeps getting in the way, there is far too much, also you can't 'get out of' a puzzle and go back to it later you either have to DO it or SKIP it ... needs an option to be able to 'come back to' it.

I do like the finding objects connected to the words, but I do HATE all the chat... too irritating.... wont buy it sorry.

ihateny
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ihateny on Feb 28, 10 2:50 AM
DEAD TIME....so accurate! Game play interrupted every 30 seconds. Good grief!

kathymably
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kathymably on Feb 28, 10 7:55 AM
I am in full agreement. I am an avid Gamer of Hidden object/adventure games. I love the ones that have both and a good mix. But this game just did not keep my interest at all. I will not be buying this one.

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Oct 17, 10 11:31 AM
I bought this game last year, with all confidence that it would like it's predecessor. Not so at all. I loved the gameplay concept of grouping things together so that it wasn't just a mindless game. The small portion of it that actually involved gameplay, that is. I do enjoy a good story line, but I certainly think it wouldn't have been that much of a problem to do a bit of story, then allow you time to really get into the game play, then a little more story. As it is, you find (literally) 2, maybe 3 or 4 hidden objects, then cut away for more talky talky and then all that that involves. I think they messed this game up and that is a shame indeed. It started out as a novel approach to give folks a different game play experience.and turned into something entirely unexpected. It only served to drive me to distraction.

I was so glad to hear that other people besides me were not able to make heads or tails of the mini games instruction which simply had to have been written by writers like a bunch of monkeys on a cupcake.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 1:12:09 PM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 20, 10 9:26 PM
Agreed. This isn't even a game, it's an electronic book with a few interactive parts.

I enjoyed the actual gameplay - too bad you are interrupted from it anywhere from every 3rd to 5th or 6th item you find! That was just insane.

I bought this as a DD here. Even for that price, wish I hadn't. The dialogue and video clips totally ruin it. It's all story and very little game.

Go to: