Re:Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by mara_59 on Feb 28, 10 5:30 AM
I was really excited when this game came out because I enjoyed 3 cards to midnight so much...........but what a disappointment! I felt like I was spending more time pressing the skip button then actually playing the game. A BIG 2 thumbs down!!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 28, 10 6:08 AM
Now I remember why I didn't get 3 Cards to Midnight & the graphix are even worse in this one! Bad enough they're Poser-istic & stiff, but when there'e "eerie" lighting or a "zoom", I'm sorry, we should NOT see the pixels! I did like the innovative "categories" concept of finding the HOs, but I seem to recall in the 1st that it didn't stop you at just 2 or 3 & you could click as many things as you could find that suited for extra hints? W/ so much storyline & so few HOs, I'm thinking the replay value on this is zero. The "instructions" for some of the minigames were like HUH? That one w/ the color wheels I had NO clue what they wanted & I read the instructions over & over. Don't think it's worth it to see how the story turns out here just as I didn't on the 1st.

Now, if the devs had half a brain, they'd hire someone to script it as a movie or TV series.....but it doesn't work well as a game.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 28, 10 7:21 AM
This game was way too dark for me, i could hardly see, and options where were they, too much talking and i could not grasp some of the clues for the objects, i can see everyone saying there was a skip button the only time i saw that was at the introduction, gave up after 15 minutes.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Feb 28, 10 7:43 AM
Just started it and like it already. I find it refreshingly different from games that make you just look for hidden objects. :

[Post New]by SilentRaven22 on Feb 28, 10 7:50 AM
Didn't really get into this game, too much dialogue interfering with the game which is really annoying . Iwon't be buying this game.

[Post New]by Whitch_ on Feb 28, 10 9:30 AM
Absolutely LOVED this game. Refreshingly different than the everyday ****. The dialogue was excellent - I felt it was much better than the first ( Jess' lisp in the first game was really annoying. In this game, I found it barely noticeable.) IMO, the story made the game. I would have liked the **** part to be a bit more difficult, but it was still pleasingly different. I found the mini games challenging, without being impossible. All in all - I really hope there is another to follow.

[Post New]by fulldesk on Feb 28, 10 10:29 AM
WOW, SOOOOO boring yakkity yak and blah blah somebody really likes to hear themselves talk!!! Find 3 things and than talk some more blah blah deleted after 10 minutes definately not a keeper.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Feb 28, 10 11:28 AM
Ditto. I totally agree. You find 3 object and she babbles on and plays videos......dull. Get on with it. We play games for the challenge and game play time, not the ongoing babbling. Worst part is you can't even skip the dialogue. Not worth the hard disk space, sorry...

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 11:30:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Pitbull_Chick on Feb 28, 10 11:49 AM
I agree with Qween, too much talking and not enough game! Didn't even finish the demo, thumbs down here.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Feb 28, 10 12:16 PM
I finished the demo because some games start out with a lot of story and not much game to get you grounded. This one continued with more story than game through the whole hour.

You CAN adjust the sound level - but you have wait until you are actually in the game. Very odd. Music and effect blaring in my house until 5 minutes in. Weird.

If the story were all together at the start of each card section AND you could click through after reading the dialogue (without listening to it all), it would probably be OK because the story is pretty good. But I am guessing I was in story mode at least 70% of the time - should be more like 20% story and 80% game.

I too liked the connections approach. Too bad it wasn't in a game with better design.

Edited on 02/28/2010 at 12:17:15 PM PST

sedbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sedbee on Feb 28, 10 1:44 PM
nice spooky atmosphere,but...way too much talk and not enough game!
Sed

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Feb 28, 10 2:09 PM
I didn't do trial run first and just bought it. It is horrible!

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on Feb 28, 10 3:43 PM
Really hated it! I couldn't even finish the demo.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 28, 10 3:51 PM
Just finished playing the trial version, and while I liked the graphics and the type of HOG it is, the was TOO MUCH talk and not enough action (hunting for clues). I won't buy it.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Feb 28, 10 9:22 PM
ADTech wrote:Just started it and like it already. I find it refreshingly different from games that make you just look for hidden objects. :

I think this is a love or hate game for most people. I enjoyed the first one and I love this one. Finding the objects is different from the usual HOG.

for me. I haven't finished yet but I will play again in the future.

DD

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Feb 28, 10 9:59 PM
I loved this game! Thank you for bringing it here so we could play it.

The cut scenes were a huge part of the game - huge, and if you didn't watch them, you would lose a good part of the story. While I agree there could have been less of them, or they could have made them longer and fewer in between play time, I really enjoyed it. This game made you think.

I didn't even wait for the demo. I played about 5 minutes and immediately bought it.

I loved it! I just wish it was longer.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 1, 10 7:37 AM
qweenlady wrote:What a boring game to much talking. I will not buy it.

ditto!

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Mar 1, 10 7:41 AM
Loved the first one ....Loving this one!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 1, 10 3:01 PM
I don`t like this game. Boring and uninteresting.

Ticking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ticking on Mar 1, 10 3:31 PM
This game is more like a film with HOG elements added in I think. If you don't like a lot of dialogue then I guess you won't like it. However, I like a good story with lots of dialogue and only really play HOG games as they are the ones most likely to have these features, so I enjoyed this game.

The mini games I found quite good - they are not difficult but some require a bit of thinking. I didn't like them enough to want to replay them however.

The voice acting is good - an important feature for such a game - and I found the story quite intriguing. I played through twice before playing the ending to make sure I'd understood everything.

The hidden object screens were ok, I liked the different take with categories and connections instead of lists. However, unlike some reviewers here, I mostly wanted to skip through the HOG screens and games to get on with the story

Looking forward to the next installment that the ending seems to suggest is coming.

Go to: