Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by plumbcrazy1 on Aug 6, 16 7:12 AM
I was playing the game and had gotten to the point that I had unlocked the Hatters collar and then the game crashed with the access violation at 0x0043918B tried to read from 0x00000010) program terminated. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but got the same error message. Is there going to be a fix for that?

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Aug 6, 16 11:03 AM
4mybirds4 wrote:I also have an access violation and the game crashed. Tried restarting, only to have it crash again. Windows 10
Same problem running Windows 10; no buy for now.

[Post New]by sequoya03 on Aug 6, 16 12:24 PM
This is the 3rd game in recent memory that had a similar glitch, where you HAD to do THIS before THAT or you could not finish the game. This is VERY frustrating as this occurs in chapter 5. ARGH!!!! this is a very good game, other than this glaring error!!!

[Post New]by Karata11 on Aug 6, 16 1:15 PM
access violation at 0x0043918B tried to read from 0x00000010 2nd game this has happened to this year on Windows 10. Very frustrating. I uninstalled and re-installed. Will send my felix file but want to be able to finish the game. Last time this happened I got a credit but still couldn't play the game. Very annoying!

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 1:16:43 PM PST

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 6, 16 2:06 PM
Yup, me too. Access violation.

Loving the game, hoping for a swift fix.

[Post New]by kd1sh2012 on Aug 6, 16 3:43 PM
I have to repeat what everyone before me has said.....Windows 10 and Alice are not very friendly to each other. I was cruising through my game---so close to finishing it--- and bam! I got the same coded message that the others did. I'm frustrated My other games are okay with windows 10...what happened?

[Post New]by japgem89 on Aug 6, 16 6:42 PM
Noticed a new issue this morning. Quit half way through the Bonus chapter and this morning it said my saves had been corrupted.

[Post New]by Tomctandapril on Aug 6, 16 6:53 PM
my game crashed when i put the sewing machine symbol in to the box. won't let me do anything just crashes

so363
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by so363 on Aug 7, 16 12:56 AM
silverfairy31 wrote:I got an access violation error and the game crashed, after I attempted to put the sewing machine medallion on the sewing machine, in the Hatter's shop. Attempted to restart the game and got the same error and the game crashed. I will try to make another profile, which is very frustrating since I'm over half-way through the game.

I also get an access violation error in the exact same place. I put the sewing machine medallion in, it crashed with an access violation error and now, every time I click 'Play' it gives the same error.

I will report it to the Support team, given other people are having the same issue. But I want to ask here, is there a way to save my location in the game, so that if I have to reinstall (or create a new profile), I don't have to do the whole first part again?

Thanks
Rachel

[Post New]by vallieanne on Aug 7, 16 2:50 AM
I get an access violation error when I try and insert the sewing machine token. It's happened twice now, and yes, I've checked the video card driver and reinstalled.

Windows 10,video card driver up to date, tried reinstalling, played upto that point on a new profile and the same thing happened.

I see I am not alone though

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 7, 16 3:30 AM
I can't even restart the game to replay that part in a different order. The access violation comes up when I click Play.

[Post New]by BuckSatan69 on Aug 7, 16 6:18 AM
Yes, I get the 'Access Violation' in the Hatters shop. The game crashes and wont load. Please fix this bug.

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Aug 7, 16 6:30 AM
game crashed first time when playing. Uninstalled and installed again did not get to the game crashed immediately after intro? Need help here

hvn1sent
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by hvn1sent on Aug 7, 16 8:24 AM
Linochka wrote:windows 10.no problems what so ever until game simply tossed me out after trying to paint in the semetery. No freezing ,no error messages. Game just shut itself off .Very strange...

hvn1sent
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by hvn1sent on Aug 7, 16 8:26 AM
I have had the same thing happen. Game just shut off !

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Aug 7, 16 10:08 AM
Exactly the same problem as already reported. Put in the sewing machine and the machine crashed with an access violation code. Tried re-starting and got the same code. I have no inclination to start this game from the beginning with a new profile. Pleae fix.

[Post New]by iamnotaguppy on Aug 7, 16 12:20 PM
nflynn wrote:in a ho scene and cannot sew star..it keep saying wasting fabric and will not let me sew when clicking the start button on every angle!

Argh! I'm having this same issue. My computer is not crashing, and for the life of me, I can't remember which came first, the feather or the sewing machine, but I cannot sew the star.

Sewing 2 different shapes seems to be a little involved for a HO scene, doesn't it? Maybe the star is the bug?

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Aug 7, 16 12:55 PM
I too am getting the error access violation in the Hatter's shop like others. Running 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium. Hope there is a fix soon.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 7, 16 1:12 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks for taking the time to report to us any technical issues you are having with Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition. We appreciate your willingness to let us know that there seems to be trouble and I apologize that there seems to be quite a few players encountering Access Violation errors while playing. The first thing we like to recommend when technical issues occur is to try some of the steps on our Help Pages as that can be the quickest way to resolve a technical issue with our games.

In this particular instance, the following articles may be able to help resolve that access violation:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the above are unable to help, you've tried those steps already, or if you'd like some personalized assistance, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide customized support beyond our Help Pages, and they're always happy to help.

I am going to go ahead and provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams and if there are any further technical issues or more information about these issues, please feel free to continue replying here. The Forum Moderation team will be sure to update this page with any updates or announcements that become available.

Thanks everybody here for your time and patience,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Denny22 on Aug 7, 16 4:14 PM
Please forgive, but there is nothing wrong with our computers. It is the Game that is the issue. Instead of sending us off on a" wild goose chase" for technical help, please fix the game. Please let us know when your fix is in place.

Go to: