bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

Re:Farm Mania 2 technical issues

[Post New]by bethjudy on Mar 1, 10 9:13 PM
After I finally got it to download and activate (the solution seems to be "try again tomorrow") I too am having the super slow mo issue. Have had some of this before with farm frenzy, but never this bad. I guess I'm happy to know it's not just me.

[Post New]by pennstater on Mar 2, 10 12:48 PM
I wanted to add that this is the first game I've purchased on Big Fish Games that I've ever had a problem with.
I want my money back. I highly doubt it will get fixed.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 2, 10 3:06 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're experiencing slowness in Farm Mania 2, We want to reiterate that we need your help to get this issue resolved. Please contact Customer Support and send in a Dr. Felix to help the tech team gather information about this issue. Check page 2 for more information on how to send a Dr. Felix report to the support team.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Farm Mania 2 technical issues - Level 39

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Mar 2, 10 4:21 PM
When I approached Level 36 the game really slowed down. The characters would freeze and then they would just stand there. After a while, they would move again, only to have the same problems as before.

Now I'm on level 39.... yes, I hung in there. I do love the game. But I already played the level and now they want me to play it again, but buy a baby turkey and let it grow up. The only problem... I did that on the first level 39 and now I'm locked out of buying another baby turkey. Therefore, I'm stuck on that level.

Do you have any ideas? I have nothing to do tonight but play games. Please help me out. Thanks.

[Post New]by ready2play on Mar 3, 10 2:10 AM
I have sent my Dr. Felix results so when can we expect an answer to the slowness of the game? I purchased the game but cant stand to play because it's so slow.

sazz1571
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sazz1571 on Mar 3, 10 4:20 AM
have tried to contact you but theres a fault on my customer support page i can fill out the form but theres no send!!!!!! also tried the drfish and the file is too large or the path invalid!!!! ARRRGGHH

[Post New]by EileenB1 on Mar 3, 10 5:00 AM
I had the same problem, tried to contact customer service and was not able to send a message. Not only do I have slowness, but I very often encounter receiving a black screen with audio. It just hangs and I have to use task managetr to get out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still same problems. I also downloaded the latest version of DirectX. I really like the game, I just can't play it. When are these issues going to be fixed - I think you all are aware of the problems. If these issues are not going to be fixed, I want my money back too.

[Post New]by ready2play on Mar 3, 10 10:27 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble with this game running in slow motion, it's possible there might be a technical issue that our testers may have missed, or it could be an issue that tech support could help troubleshoot.

If the suggestions mentioned in the original post have not helped, I definitely suggest writing in to tech support to let them know you're having trouble. This way we can gather more information to find out if this is a glitch that can be fixed. To contact a rep, you can hop in to <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/192/kw/live%20chat%20support/r_id/109674">Live Chat </a> if you're a Game Club Member, or you can shoot an email to <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3NpZC9WMmlHbTdVag==">Customer Support </a>, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Mar 3, 10 6:07 PM
Any news on getting a fix for the super slow mo? Still playing, on level 14, every now and then I get a glimmer of hope and they speed up a bit for a few seconds, but it never lasts. Then I just sit and wait for it to happen again. Tried to send in my Dr Felix, but wasn't able to download it after 3 tries. Help!

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Mar 3, 10 7:37 PM
sazz1571 wrote:have tried to contact you but theres a fault on my customer support page i can fill out the form but theres no send!!!!!! also tried the drfish and the file is too large or the path invalid!!!! ARRRGGHH

Me too, same problem.

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Mar 4, 10 2:24 AM
I would like to thank the technical support for trying to help me with my problems with Farm Mania 2. They were prompt and very specific on the directions. However, they stated that my computer has the minimum requiresments for this program. I've never had many problems with other games.

My question is, do I have to keep this game? It is just too frustrating when Anna and Grampa do not move. Before I know it, it's nighttime. Can I get a rebate or something? I'm a big supporter of Big Fish Games and Farm Mania 1. But this game isn't so much fun as irritating. I won't even play it anymore.

Any input would be appreciated.

leero
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by leero on Mar 6, 10 9:39 AM
I haven't sent a ticket in yet, but did run Dr. Felix and will send it in. I suspect I will get the "you have the minimum system requirements" message from them. I did purchase this game as the demo went fine. But once I hit level 29, I would get sporadic slowness. By level 32, the game is unplayable. To give you some idea of how slow it is, I am able to count to anywhere from 5 to 10 before the timer flips to the next number.

I would seriously like to know if a refund is possible if they cannot fix this issue.

[Post New]by tytybird123 on Mar 9, 10 5:40 AM
I am also experiencing extreme slow play, I loved farm mania 1 so I went back and redownloaded trying to remember if there were any problems with it way back when and sure enough..it also played in slow mode but not as slow as this one. Also went to developer site and sent in ticket about their game and they tell me to try to free up memory. Well I have updated and redownloaded and all suggestions and it still doesnt work...definately annoying...

[Post New]by buster2280 on Mar 9, 10 6:06 PM
kerreville wrote:Tried demo but only played for 20 mins, got to level 3 as the game played in slow motion all the way through. Don't know if its my pc or game, but on this evidence, no way would I buy. Anyone else having this problem?
im having the same problem but i brought it how do i fix???

Lucy24u
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Mania 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lucy24u on Mar 13, 10 9:15 AM
It almost has to be the game. I went through tech. support and did everything I was suggested to do and as soon as I started over and hit level 8. 2 min. on their timer is about 20 min. Sad but this will be a game I bought that I will have to uninstall

[Post New]by denisembdr on Mar 14, 10 6:50 PM
Can't guarantee this will help everyone, but I had the same issues with slowness/lag time. After re-downloading Direct-X for another game, Farm Mania 2 is now working fine (I'm up to level 32).

[Post New]by salazarc12 on Mar 16, 10 10:22 AM
I had the same slow problem as well, but I figured out a way to make the game faster. In order for my game not to be slow I have to sell some farm animals at each level. It seems that the least animals you have the faster the game is. I have also noticed that every time the dog, crow, or fox get in the farm the game gets slower.
I was able to get to level 52 doing this and my game didn't slow at all. The problem now is that when I try to start level 52, the game freezes and I get a Display Driver Error...I can't seem to fix it and go past that....frustating!

Lucy24u
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy24u on Mar 16, 10 11:34 AM

I decided to venture out to other game places just to download this game and see if the slow motion was big fish. It's not. Every one I went to had the same thing, a snail about half way through level 7. Lets all just hope the makers of the game fix it or we're all screwed. (out of luck) sry

[Post New]by mscunziano on Mar 16, 10 10:24 PM
Ok I contacted Tech Support and sent in the Dr. Felix and they pretty much said it was the game. Said I could rebate or wait for a fix. I enjoy what I have played in the game so far and I am ok waiting for a fix. My question is...How do you ever know it is fixed? Am I going to have to keep scrolling through forums to find out? Will they post something or send something out?

Does anyone know?

rebeccal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccal on Mar 17, 10 8:05 AM
It will show in your game manager that there is a fix for it available. It will show next to game and also at the top of the game manager screen. You just have to click to download the fix.

Go to: